myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looping before the big 4.0 - crap only 6 days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manuel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's exactly it, memory from landing nose dives! It could also be from my position too much over the nose at that stage by being a little behind. Or I'm afraid of landing and relax my legs to lose the board. Hopefully I can pass that stage very soon.

Yes I'm more comfortable landing tucked in anyway. What do you think about the head direction once in the rotation?

manuel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I just need to believe I can do it, it seems...

manuel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday first try, perfect conditions (until they sadly went away!) if only I had kept my front arm extended, definitely landing material here!

It feels like it's taking forever to land them. So I guess the victory will be that much more rewarding Very Happy !

manuel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my best attempt lately just lacked speed.
Need to keep front arm straight throughout and avoid leaning back.

1/3

2/3

3/3

This is where I am more or less, a nice fail to end this post, and MORE PHOTOS HERE.

rigitrite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I cannot believe that someone there at Cabarette hasn't just taken you aside and said, "Ok, we're gonna get you sorted out". Do they just enjoy watching you kill yourself day after day?!?! This trick is not that hard. You need to go back and do like.....100 timers on each tack (sub-planning, feet outta the straps, just you and the sail). The first time you go for it, there should be no question that it'll rotate around. Seriously, you can learn this trick in one afternoon if you have the right instruction.
manuel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But most my attempts are looking really good! Some would have been landed in a bit more wind or height. My hardest slams are due to aborting mid-way.

The conditions have been quite weak both in terms of wind and wave (side-on-on). The forecast is looking a bit better but it's shown that before and didn't turn out. Let's just hope we can get a good couple of days so that I can have nice positive attempts, not just depowered sloppy ones!

Some of the local feedback (both live and on videos) mention to find more speed, more height, go upwind, open the sail upon take-off.

Today's goal: Land 2 Very Happy !

rigitrite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel, I admire your resolve: God Speed.
manuel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know if there's one thing I'd like is to get rid of these pesky hesitations. It happens when the sail pulls but I'm not tucked in and didn't get a chance to move the sail forward. This is when the nose of the board suffers the most.

Today we had miserable conditions again but I managed a few attempts late in the day after 2 hours of surf sailing in very light winds (backwinding sail heading for the top turn).

One attempt was not bad with a nice back slam type of landing. The lack of wind didn't offer me much chance to waterstart. On other attempts I tried different things but had such a light plane that it was difficult to tell.

Tomorrow looks worse... how depressing!

manuel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we are looking for wind over here! Sometimes I just wonder whether I should invest in a slightly bigger board or even a small freestyle board to work on a few moves.

Each attempt I do doesn't get the wiiiish we get when powered up so everything has to be exaggerated. On a nice wave, I think my pop and throw are correct, now I need to focus on keeping my front arm straight throughout. It'll help me rotate maintaining the scissoring effect and waterstart upon landing. Underpowered when I pull up on the boom I find that the sail feels empty. I also need to stay tucked longer. I tend to open up midway through.

Anyway, just have to be patient I guess, eventually we are bound to get a good day again! If only I could combine a good ramp with a gust then I don't think I'd be too far off landing a beautiful one!

manuel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people asked me to see the attempts in a video rather than pictures since it's a bit easier to visualize so here we go!
I'm seeing a few things, please do share your advises, I want to hear it all! Please do understand that the majority of these attempts were done in lighter winds hence the lack of speed and height.

Negatives:
- the sail throw is delayed a fraction of a second after take-off (by fear of something going wrong at the pop probably)
- legs don't stay tucked throughout
- front arm needs to extend sooner, it doesn't stay extended instead, the sail is brought towards me, while I should be going towards the sail
- my body is leaning back as opposed to concentrate on sheeting in with the rear hand and pointing with the front (bow and arrow)

Positives:
- body more forward at the throw
- backhand position is decent
- board stays with me
- fewer bails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 16 of 25

Jump to: