myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Acceptable way to dry my sail (pics)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spennie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost1, looks like nobody really answered your original question, so I will: Yes, that's a perfectly acceptable way to dry your sail, although the necessity of doing so is questionable.
ghost1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spennie wrote:
Ghost1, looks like nobody really answered your original question, so I will: Yes, that's a perfectly acceptable way to dry your sail, although the necessity of doing so is questionable.

Thanks man. And thanks everyone.
carl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Of course, the first thing I do with my wetsuits when I get home is throw them into the front-loading washing machine with wetsuit conditioning shampoo.

You must have a VERY understanding wife! (or your own wash machine)
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize you're joking, but I don't understand. Isn't marriage a 99/99 proposition, where each party gets to do anything they wish as long as it doesn't harm the other? That's worked for us for 45 years. Everything is OURS, from the washing machine to the dogs. I can't imagine what harm a wetsuit could do to our washing machine anyway, as long as I rinse the sand off first (my undershorts get washed in it, too). Very Happy
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then your wetsuits never get very bad. Sweaty Jockey shorts are like roses
by comparison. My suits develop serious Resident Evil.

;*)

-Craig

isobars wrote:
I realize you're joking, but I don't understand. Isn't marriage a 99/99 proposition, where each party gets to do anything they wish as long as it doesn't harm the other? That's worked for us for 45 years. Everything is OURS, from the washing machine to the dogs. I can't imagine what harm a wetsuit could do to our washing machine anyway, as long as I rinse the sand off first (my undershorts get washed in it, too). Very Happy
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good heavens sir! you don't mean to say you indulge in incontinent habits inside your wet suit? Do such river he-men really need central heating?

I know it's difficult for those who mustn't spare a single second of their life not ripping it up for eight hours a day, but really. My illusions are shattered!

A lady I know who repairs wet-suits can always tell. Her opinion of some windsurfers is pretty low, and if it wasn't for the necessity of keeping her and her family out of the poor house (the money you know Sad ) she'd tell them where to stick their stinky wetsuits.

I wouldn't dare offend her!
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who drys sails?

Just stack them vertical.

Take back your garage!

I barely dry my wetsuit

My van is wet from October thru April.

Part of the reason that i do not wash or dry my sails however is that there lifetime is determined more by snapped masts and blown panels...

It gives you an excuse to buy New Stuff!

carl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

NOT JOKING
As fo 99/99: You're living what most of us can only dream about!

Back on topic, I'm more in line with Outcast, don't bother to rince or dry sails,
salt or fresh water. Wetsuits, just hang them up in the garage, rince only if something nasty happened.
ramps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I have never had my gear stink, even after rolling up my sails in the water because the only alternative was sand. Of course, the first thing I do with my wetsuits when I get home is throw them into the front-loading washing machine with wetsuit conditioning shampoo.

I never detect any odor in my gear, just the car has a musty smell if I leave the windows up with it parked in the garage, even if I have only gotten one sail wet and left it in there. Wetsuits can acquire a tangy-sour stank but I never leave them wet in the car.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not I sir,

Ages ago it was believed it attracted sharks, and while there are none
in the "fresh" water Gorge, I also spend some time on Maui with said
wetsuits.

My suits reek simply because of the wonderfully bacteria
productive environment of river water and sweat. Were I to
wash them with a load of the misses knickers, there'd be hell to pay.

;*)

-Craig

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Good heavens sir! you don't mean to say you indulge in incontinent habits inside your wet suit? Do such river he-men really need central heating?

I know it's difficult for those who mustn't spare a single second of their life not ripping it up for eight hours a day, but really. My illusions are shattered!

A lady I know who repairs wet-suits can always tell. Her opinion of some windsurfers is pretty low, and if it wasn't for the necessity of keeping her and her family out of the poor house (the money you know Sad ) she'd tell them where to stick their stinky wetsuits.

I wouldn't dare offend her!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: