myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Christiegate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6382

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Never an objection to terms like "douchebag" if it comes from a conservative. Never an objection to a racist or misogynist slur. What a piece of work.



In the words of Justice Alito.."not true"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 12819
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
From today's WSJ...

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo suffered a serious political setback this week when federal prosecutors charged his former top aide and eight others connected to him with participating in a bribery scheme that exploited his administration for personal gain.

Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in Manhattan who brought the case, has described Albany as a “cauldron of corruption,” and his office has brought corruption charges against a dozen state lawmakers since 2009. The majority of those cases, including last year’s prosecutions of the leaders of both chambers of the Legislature, ended in convictions
."

The press will probably be less relentless in their coverage of this story since it is no where near as "aggregious" as a traffic jam.


As with most of mrgybe's posting, the spin is beyond dishonest and all the way to preposterous.

The Nation magazine, well to the left of me, has covered Cuomo and Albany scandals for years, The mainstream media--you know those guys hired by rich publishers and required to check their facts--long ago reported that Cuomo shut down investigative efforts. See this coverage of Preet: https://www.thenation.com/article/will-preet-bharara-new-yorks-anti-corruption-crusader-run-higher-office/

Cuomo's disbanding of the Moreland Commission was covered in this July 31, 2014, story:

Quote:
The New York Times reports today that US Attorney Preet Bharara has warned Cuomo about obstruction of justice. This warning came after Cuomo on Monday defended his decision to disband the state Moreland Commission formed to investigate corruption in Albany. Cuomo’s defense responded to a detailed Times story about interference with the commission’s work by the governor and his people. Concurrent with Cuomo’s Monday defense, some commission members publicly said there was no interference. Cuomo repeatedly cited some of these statements. One of the commissioners whose statements Cuomo cited several times had previously said or implied the opposite.

Although the possible implications from Bharara’s letter are far less sordid than the burglary and bribery in Watergate, the lesson is the same: it’s not the crime but the coverup. Left unsaid is that a coverup can also be a crime.


An interested observer could find hundreds of stories on the corruption in Albany. Mrgybe prefers to fulminate about Hillary's e-mails, and ignore the 2,500,000 that Bush destroyed. Something about controlling the message?

But the real problem here is one of false equivalencies. There is also corruption in Louisiana, and in New Orleans. Systematic corruption needs to be rooted out and fought whether practiced by Republicans or Democrats. But the Republican history on this is pretty sordid. There is, of course, the Bush firing of 8 US attorneys on December 7, 2006, apparently because they refused to go after Democrats. http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1597085,00.html

And then there is the Republican Congressmen trying to bully State Attorney General's for investigating Exxon for fraud over the information provided to their stockholders about climate change, and the potential risks to their balance sheets on the value of undeveloped oil reserves.

In sharp contrast, the US Attorney for New York appears to be willing to go after corruption even if the trail leads to a sitting Democratic governor. Good on him, and shame on Republicans for trying to make the enforcement of law a partisan tool at election time, And of course, shame on mrgybe for his very selective outrage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 10818
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
real-human wrote:


I do detect a threat from a troll.

seems someone got you to McVeigh.... do you have two voices that come out at different times you sicko.

Were you one of the two who threatened a poster here before that they were posting on company time?

you friggin sleazebag.

what is your life on a daily basis hate? do you spit nails for a living?

why do you even post here when you have just hate in your veins... Go to the neo nazi sites that love your McVeigh hate...


Seriously? What is wrong with you?


troll post... not a thing. what that type of threat is just fine with ya ha...

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3453

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
An interested observer could find hundreds of stories on the corruption in Albany. Mrgybe prefers to fulminate about Hillary's e-mails, and ignore the 2,500,000 that Bush destroyed. Something about controlling the message?


Not quite true - Are there another 2.5 million that were destroyed??

Quote:
Washington (CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

The e-mails date from 2003 to 2005, and had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, a research group based at George Washington University. But Melanie Sloan, executive director of the liberal-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said it could be years before most of the e-mails are made public.

"The e-mails themselves are not what we're getting," Sloan said.
Documents related to the handling of e-mail under the Bush administration and subsequent information regarding how White House e-mails are currently archived will be released under a settlement with the Obama administration, which inherited a lawsuit the groups filed in 2007. But the National Archives must sort out which documents are covered by the Freedom of Information Act and which ones fall under the Presidential Records Act, which means they could be withheld for five to 10 years after the Bush administration left office in January, Sloan said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 12819
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously--the Bushies lost nearly ten times as many as I thought, several orders of magnitude more than Hillary. This gives you comfort?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3453

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
Seriously--the Bushies lost nearly ten times as many as I thought, several orders of magnitude more than Hillary. This gives you comfort?

If you can't see the difference, then you can't be helped. Bush's lost emails
Quote:
"mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, were found.
Hillary's were deleted while under subpoena.

Guess who is trying to cover up or hide something?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 10818
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac said:
Quote:
Seriously--the Bushies lost nearly ten times as many as I thought, several orders of magnitude more than Hillary. This gives you comfort?

If you can't see the difference, then you can't be helped. Bush's lost emails
Quote:
"mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, were found.
Hillary's were deleted while under subpoena.

Guess who is trying to cover up or hide something?


hillarys were for all government related emails,and personal to be removed, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa do you even know how to read....

her lawyers went through all of them to determene which were which. again there are the other side of all the emails the sender to hillary and the received of hillary that have their emails. And the gov has control of the employees of state and have not said one single email was missing from government business. again 150 FBI agents were removed from duties like terrorism because of the mamoth amout of work this required. If 150 agents were not able to find from state workers an email that was missing that hillary did not have, well you are a moron then to believe it was not over tasked. ya you are smarter than 150 mainly right wing FBI agents... and the head of the FBI is a life long right winger.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KGB-NP



Joined: 25 Jul 2001
Posts: 2857

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
NP wrote:
real-human wrote:


I do detect a threat from a troll.

seems someone got you to McVeigh.... do you have two voices that come out at different times you sicko.

Were you one of the two who threatened a poster here before that they were posting on company time?

you friggin sleazebag.

what is your life on a daily basis hate? do you spit nails for a living?

why do you even post here when you have just hate in your veins... Go to the neo nazi sites that love your McVeigh hate...


Seriously? What is wrong with you?


troll post... not a thing. what that type of threat is just fine with ya ha...



Threat? Seriously? From a person who's threatened by his own shadow.
Hey, you can add that one to your other pile of lies.......just like your hero Hitler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 10818
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
real-human wrote:
NP wrote:
real-human wrote:


I do detect a threat from a troll.

seems someone got you to McVeigh.... do you have two voices that come out at different times you sicko.

Were you one of the two who threatened a poster here before that they were posting on company time?

you friggin sleazebag.

what is your life on a daily basis hate? do you spit nails for a living?

why do you even post here when you have just hate in your veins... Go to the neo nazi sites that love your McVeigh hate...


Seriously? What is wrong with you?


troll post... not a thing. what that type of threat is just fine with ya ha...



Threat? Seriously? From a person who's threatened by his own shadow.
Hey, you can add that one to your other pile of lies.......just like your hero Hitler.


you are a stalker who went and gathered personal details about me because I proved you are a stupid little trump like wantabee...

You are sick...

yep a friend was murdered by one of your kind.... Just because he was not a religious judgemental wacko like you...

yep as a kid the police had to park across the street from out family for similar hate by idiots like you again because my father was helping people not of his race have a equal life, but white racists like you hate that... and were threatening to kill our family.

you are a little mini trump with the same hate of trump.......

again a little boy like you is so similar to trump, trump was trolling last night about a x miss universe about her background that he obviously stalked. Yet the trump himself was involved in softcore porn movie in the year 2000 that is not suitable for children.

happy trilling you trump clone in mind and spirit...

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KGB-NP



Joined: 25 Jul 2001
Posts: 2857

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the predictable McVeigh response Adolph. Do you ever get tired with the repetitive crybaby stories? You're such a victim, aren't you? You scare yourself with that "whole world is out to get me" mentality. Must suck to live in such fear, whining about how the worlds done you wrong. Poor little crybaby victim lying Hitler clone that goes McVeigh at the drop of a hat.
Have a good one chump, today is going to be four days in a row of down the line front side goofy footed wave riding. Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaw!

OR should I say Yahhhh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBGR2I6pFYk

BOO!

What's trilling? Try using spell check.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group