myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Comparable WS Vehicle to Volvo XC70
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Comparable WS Vehicle to Volvo XC70 Reply with quote

windgood wrote:
donwh wrote:
PS, no minivan, not ready to go that route yet. Thanks.

It's not the problem with price, footprint or gas millage. Despite its great cargo and passenger hauling capability, am I correct to say that the only problem that mini van has is image? Soccer mom's favorite vehicle?

They are presented as people carriers. One needs to look beyond people and look at carrier. Mine gets 21.5PMG local and 24--25 on cross country trips. If you are looking to impress your date, the mini van is probably not for you. Same as pink or purple shirts with ruffles

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
adywind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Comparable WS Vehicle to Volvo XC70 Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
If you are looking to impress your date, the mini van is probably not for you. Same as pink or purple shirts with ruffles

That's a definitely an exiting aspect of this topic abot wich the OP may or may not care but for those that do the mini van is a no go.
I married in my 20s and I don't have any experience in mature dating so while listening to a radio show while driving the other day I was surprised a bit by the participating women's answers to the question : dating -good or bad guys? The younger ones -late teens early 20s were going for the bad guys right away-no surprise here, but the mature ones looking obviously for someone to marry, have children with etc. while going for the good ones of course , wanted them to still have some edge-read looking bad without being one. A minivan or most wagons won't give you that bad guy look for sure, so my guess would be -SUV or a crossover at least for the dating windsurfer. The price tags are steep but if you are after the big prize you gotta look sharp my man Twisted Evil
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my 20's i never gave a flying fugg what my ride said about me.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
carl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP did say in his 2nd post that he had a wife.
But the MV stigma lives on even after marriage and maturity. My wife can't
Stand mine but I have shown her that it carries MUCH more cargo than any
SUV or wagon and she accepts that it best suits this sport.
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be a MAN. Drive a MiniVan. Even Robby Naish sails pink sails. If you are man enough you rise above the image. Plus my minivan carries a hell of a lot of gear and loads and unloads from all sides and just plain does what it is supposed to do. The wind doesn't know his sails are pink....
adywind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Be a MAN. Drive a MiniVan. Even Robby Naish sails pink sails. If you are man enough you rise above the image. Plus my minivan carries a hell of a lot of gear and loads and unloads from all sides and just plain does what it is supposed to do. The wind doesn't know his sails are pink....

You talkin bout me ?!! Laughing

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.81 KB
 Viewed:  11054 Time(s)

image.jpg

adywind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicks dig his truck though Shocked
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truck, Schmuck: I'll take the board.

adywind wrote:
A minivan or most wagons won't give you that bad guy look for sure, so my guess would be -SUV or a crossover at least for the dating windsurfer. The price tags are steep but if you are after the big prize you gotta look sharp my man

Depends on one's definition of a "prize" and one's respect (or lack thereof) for people who value deliberately cultivated images. I've seen that "bad boy" research, but I'm not interested in dating or marrying women with such shallow values. Maybe that's why I've been in the same 99/99 (as opposed to 50/50 or worse) marriage for 45 years now. Yes, my GTO plus two superficial factors (the GTO wasn't superficial; I drove it hard) got me some dates in grad school in the 60s, but not with any lasting interest on my part. It's sort of like the good-looking 6-foot lady (a total stranger behind a counter) who seemed to resent her height until I mentioned it was a good way to weed out the insecure men. She just lit up.

Anyone who holds my values and choices against me is not someone I want to spend time or money on, let alone commit to. Like WSing gear and technique, it's all about choices and very few hard rules. To me a badass look conveys one of two persona I want nothing to do with: a fraud or a jerk.
adywind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shove off Isobars Laughing Laughing Laughing

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.47 KB
 Viewed:  11026 Time(s)

image.jpg

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now ... TWINS ... that's a whole 'nuther ball game. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: