myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2014 year end awards
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: 2014 year end awards Reply with quote

most valuable player (left) Mac
most valuable player (right) stevenbard

most overall posts isobars
most useful posts in windsurf discussion forum isobars
most condescending posts in windsurf forum isobars
least “personal” insults isobars
most general insults isobars

most right isobars
most left bajaDean

longest running and nastiest feud reinerehlers / bajaDean
most civil feud mrgybe / boggsman1
most condescending feud mac / nw30
most rational players
coboardhead, pointster, swchandler, youwindsurf, techno900, coyotewindsurf, matty, slinky

most attempts at off topic frederick23
most time zones away GURGLETROUSERS

best overall performance DanWeiss

in memoriam windoggie / keycocker
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 year end awards Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:

YES!!! And I will wear that proudly, somebody has to do it. Sometimes karma kickback needs a little help, and I'm more than obliged to comply.

May I add something~
Most valuable player in the curious on music thread ~ frederick23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12BbI-kmrpI
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"longest running and nastiest feud reinerehlers / bajaDean "

I thought that would fall under "most entertaining". I think NW30 ran out of popcorn.

Wink
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 year end awards Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:
frederick23 wrote:

YES!!! And I will wear that proudly, somebody has to do it.

Starting early for the 2015 nomination?

mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most ridiculous place to discuss politics?.....IWINDSURF

Have you guys ever added up the time you waste barking at each other?

I have made a conscious effort to talk less about politics with folks in general, especially in-laws and acquaintances. Being over opinionated can make you look angry and not a fun person in mixed company. I have also found that when I do get into a political , current event topic ,keeping things civil and listening to others view points, is much more productive..

Happy New Year

Last edited by mat-ty on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:

most condescending posts in windsurf forum isobars
least “personal” insults isobars
most general insults isobars
most right isobars

Re: Most condescending and/or generally insulting: isobars.
Can't argue with that, and proud of it by most definitions*. Honesty, candor, and impersonal debate ARE superior behaviors we should all favor over their counterparts. Whether it's in the boardroom, the government, or our personal lives, anything less leads to the Same Old Shit syndrome and solves nothing. Once again: anyone genuinely insulted, outraged, "dissed", wounded, etc. (synonyms) by revelation of his own public behavior should consider changing that behavior, because it apparently conflicts with his self-proclaimed value system and demonstrates his dishonesty.

* OTOH, words like "insult" and "condescending" also connote an intent only to put down another person with no redeeming higher purpose. That connotation is inaccurate and misleading when the real message is that the objects’ behaviors suck even by his own stated or apparent standards and he needs to clean up his act if he desires any credibility or respect among adults, that new readers may wish to save their breath rather than trying to debate with children, or that lies and baseless personal attacks debase not only the forum but the sport.

“Most right”? Well, yes, we do see “Iso is right”, “I agree with iso”, and “Iso is spot on” more often than with any other poster I see, but I’m presuming you were referring to political persuasion. Again, thank you, sincerely, for the compliment, whether it’s valid or not. I very strongly believe that the personal and national principles, freedoms, and responsibilities I’ve espoused are vital to the future of our nation and the free world it supports. Commun-, social-, fasc-, STFU-, antiConstitutional-ists; political correctness; the nanny state; victimhood; the complete inability to discuss serious issues rationally and impersonally; chronic blatant dishonesty (e.g., Reid, Pelosi, Obama are world champs, but too many Republican politicians play that game, too); and most of the Left’s other misplaced values should frighten the hell out of anyone under 70 even … hell, especially ... if he’s living on Social Security or even outright unearned welfare.

Last edited by isobars on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Once again: anyone genuinely insulted, outraged, "dissed", wounded, etc. (synonyms) by revelation of his own public behavior should consider changing that behavior, because it apparently conflicts with his self-proclaimed value system and demonstrates his dishonesty."

Words that you might want to consider again, but with some needed introspection. Think back about all the folks on your killfile list, and then ask yourself, why did I have to do that? It's an awfully long list.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you. I only throw Molotov cocktails into the mix, but try to spice it up. I'm mostly AWOL and trending out like KC and Dog.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! My distant time zone is yesteryear -different world, and all that.

Can't be doing nowadays with all these computer internet thingies which seem to be eating people's brains out. (Prevents them from thinking!)

You are not the only one 'trending out' Steve. (Happy New Year.)
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Most ridiculous place to discuss politics?.....IWINDSURF

Is there a better place? At least here it's allowed, unlike most forums. OTOH, most forums have killfile options.

OTOH, it accomplishes absolutely ZERO when the Left is unwilling to discuss issues rationally and honestly and the Right stoops to their level in frustration.

Sadly, it has made mortal, irreconcilable enemies of some people who otherwise share common interests. Too many people say stuff here they'd never say in person ... twice ... because they are emboldened by their real or perceived anonymity or by their demonstrated lack of honesty and self-respect. Just like their president and their Senate and House ex-leaders, they don't even CARE that their every utterance is being recorded for fact-checking; damn the facts and "HANDS UP". Ya can't have rational discussions with people with that approach to life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: