myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Reap as ye sow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberal in the sense of allowing and encouraging multi-cultural seperated and non integrated communities, alien to our laws and custom practices to establish themselves in our country. Nothing to do with left v. right which you are obsessed with.

NO! This multi-cultural set up, on the SCALE it now exists has NOT ever been the case in our country. Unprecedented mass immigration over recent times, and still increasing, far exceeds anything in our history.

But you know best with your slick commentary.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How quickly we forget:

Quote:
Updated at 12:25 p.m. ET: Militant Anders Behring Breivik admitted he killed 77 people in a massacre last July, but said he was pleading not guilty on the first day of a trial that threatens to turn into a "circus" showcasing his anti-Islamic views.

As he arrived in court - the early part of the session was broadcast on television - Breivik gave a salute, raising his arm with his fist clenched.

The 33-year-old said: "I do not recognize the Norwegian courts. You have received your mandate from political parties which support multiculturalism. I do not acknowledge the authority of the court."

The trial will turn on whether Breivik is found guilty or insane. If sane, he faces up to 21 years in prison; if deemed criminally insane, he would be committed to psychiatric care.

This and the Paris killings are two sides of the same coin--the devaluing of people based on their religion or ethnicity. The propaganda technique of casting your political foes, or psychic bugaboos, as the "other." Should we blame Breivik's crime on his race? Or his religion? Or is he batshit crazy and obsessed with foreigners? Should we have Bard's sanity checked?

Prejudice gets us into such binds.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Liberal in the sense of allowing and encouraging multi-cultural seperated and non integrated communities, alien to our laws and custom practices to establish themselves in our country. Nothing to do with left v. right which you are obsessed with.

NO! This multi-cultural set up, on the SCALE it now exists has NOT ever been the case in our country. Unprecedented mass immigration over recent times, and still increasing, far exceeds anything in our history.

But you know best with your slick commentary.

You refer to your county only, I refer to the world.

You claim to know me so well as to be familiar with my obsessions. How wrong you are. I merely posed a question to your post. Is it the norm for you to make assumptions about another person who simply seeks clarification of your statement? Perhaps that is a British thing.

No, I don't know best. If my thoughts strike you as being slick, so be it. I merely write what I think. I'll leave the assumptions and derisive characterization of others statements to you.

I don't perceive immigration per se as being problematic. However, I do believe that religious based fanaticism which promotes the killing of non-believers to be a significant problem. How does one address that issue? I don't know. As I stated previously, it has been occurring for centuries. Perhaps it is part of the human condition, and will never completely end. It appears to be part of the human condition to blindly believe in an omnipotent being and an after-life, so why should it not be part of the human condition to want to impose religious beliefs on non-believers and want to kill the non-believers who do not accept them? The frequency and intensity of religious based fanaticism and violence may rise and fall over time but I doubt that it will ever completely be eradicated. How could it be so long as humans continue to have differing views on their religious beliefs and are willing to kill and die for them?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You refer to your country only."

PRECISELY!
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at what's going on in Europe in particular, the growing presence of Muslims in practically all nations is very dark and troublesome problem. While some Muslims can integrate and share in the values and freedoms of the western world, I'm thinking that there is a growing fundamentalism that hates and willfully fights the modern world.

It must be remembered that there is no freedom in religion, and the deeply medieval and tribal nature of Islam only makes things worse. The Islamic religion isn't something that is in the background where its practice remains private and somewhat hidden. The societal and cultural aspects of Islam are almost always patently on display, and it's so apparent in how their women are treated, particularly in the Arabic world. The idea that promoting ignorance by denying an education to women is unbelievable. How could any society be so stupid? These people don't have a chance in the modern world unless they can overcome their religious chains.

Unfortunately, the conflict and ugliness between the modern and medieval worlds is just beginning. As history has proven over and over, there is a deep seated hate of Jews that is always brewing, and that it can overspill in times of great stress and difficulty. I'm thinking that Muslims are quickly becoming the new Jews in the minds of many in the western world. The fate and doom of Muslims is in their own hands, but unfortunately, it's so apparent that things aren't moving in the right direction. Adding to a completely dismal picture, you have Muslim against Muslim in many parts of the Muslim world highlighting a seemingly endless battle of total ignorance and hate. It's hard for the world to stand by and witness such brutality and destruction and not want to bring some sanity and peace to the mix. Maybe it would be best if we let them weaken and destroy themselves for a while.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
"You refer to your country only."

PRECISELY!

This is a global issue that cannot be resolved within one country only.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good post Chandler, and free of bias. I also agree with You windsurf that no one one country can solve the global issue, but they can, and MUST, be responsible for safeguarding their Christian heritage.

We, in Europe, are on the front line so to speak, owing to mass immigration of Muslims, and their cultural demands. For the sake of our countries futures we must tackle the issue sooner, rather than later.

Excuse me if I bow out from further discussion on this subject, not least because I have very strong feelings, and love my country.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is going to be okay now, because in Paris they had a Coca Cola moment, the world sang in perfect harmony, thanks to our Sec. of State John Kerry and his good buddy Sweet baby James Taylor.
Good grief!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Kerry and James Taylor: Not the friends France needs

As our enemies declare war on freedom itself, the American statesman responds with a singalong

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS /

Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:42 PM

John Kerry has given new meaning to the term “tone deaf.”

There America’s secretary of state was, on the visit to Paris that he should have made when world leaders linked arms in solidarity against Islamist terror.

There he was, to belatedly convey the resolve of the United States of America in defending civilization and the values of free democracy after the Charlie Hebdo and kosher supermarket massacres of 17 people.

And there he was, foregoing a clarion call for global solidarity in favor of a hum-along with gentle, guitar-strumming folkie James Taylor.

It’s absurd but it’s not funny. It’s as bad a diss as President Obama’s no-show failure to appreciate the gravity of this moment in the war on terror.

To Kerry, the presidential vacuum was no big deal. Petulantly, he described criticism of the White House abdication as “quibbling.” Then, shamed, the White House announced that Kerry would carry the flag to France after all.

But he viewed the mission not as an expression of the American spirit. Instead, he saw it as a maudlin therapy session.

“My visit to France is basically to share a big hug for Paris and express the affection of the American people for France and for our friends there who have been through a terrible time,” Kerry treacled before going.

Once in Paris, he stood solemnly long-faced as his friend Taylor broke out the guitar and sang his four-decade-old awwwwww anthem, “You’ve Got a Friend”:

“When you’re down and troubled and you need a helping hand and nothing, whoa, nothing is going right, close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest nights.”

The Kerry translation of “Nothing, whoa, nothing is going right”: fanatical terrorist murderers have declared war on freedom across the continent, and European countries have been convulsed by campaigns to root out terror bands, while struggling with tensions between Muslims and non-Muslims.

So, French friends and NATO allies, did the crooner brighten your darkest night? Or would you like an emergency visit of Obama bringing Bette Midler to sing “Wind Beneath My Wings”?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/john-kerry-james-taylor-not-friends-france-article-1.2081186
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wonder if they all held hands and swayed with the music.
I know I feel safer now, as well as very proud.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a problem with any of this?

http://www.france24.com/en/20150116-kerry-sorry-paris-unity-march-absence-hollande-charlie-hebdo/

US Secretary of State John Kerry spoke at Paris's City Hall on Friday in a show of American solidarity with France in the wake of recent terror attacks. Kerry also apologised for missing a unity march in the French capital last week.

The march, held to commemorate the 17 victims of last week’s three-day terror spree and to defend the values of tolerance and free speech, was attended by around 1.5 million people, including dozens of heads of state and top diplomats from around the world.

But the US came in for severe criticism from certain media for failing to send any senior officials to the march. It was instead represented by the country’s ambassador to France, Jane Hartley.

The White House since admitted it had erred in not sending a higher profile official to the march. Kerry, a noted Francophile who also speaks French, told Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius that he was unable to attend because he was travelling in India and Bulgaria.

Fabius told reporters that Kerry had "apologised" for his absence.

Kerry and Fabius later laid a wreath at the Jewish supermarket where four people died in a hostage siege on Friday and at the offices of satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, where 12 people were murdered by gunmen last Wednesday.

'We share the pain and horror'

Kerry had said on Thursday that his visit to France was to give a "big hug" to Paris.

And as he met with President François Hollande Friday, he clasped the French leader in a warm embrace on the steps of the Elysée Palace in front of a phalanx of photographers.

"I know you know that we share the pain and the horror of everything that you went through," said Kerry.

"Our hearts are with you."

Hollande said the French people "were victims of an exceptional terrorist attack," likening last week's events to those of September 11, 2001.

"We must therefore together find the necessary response. And that is the (reason) for (our) meeting today beyond friendship," said Hollande.

"We appreciate your comments about our common history. ... The American people watched you and your team, indeed all of the (government), lead with great elegance and grace this week," Kerry told Hollande.

Finally, Kerry visited the scene outside the Charlie Hebdo offices where a Muslim policeman was gunned down by the two Islamist brothers Saïd and Chérif Kouachi.

With Ambassador Hartley, Kerry placed a bowl of flowers on the spot, which has also become a makeshift shrine.

He then stood silently for a minute with his head bowed before crossing himself.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think NW....a few years ago the right mocked John Kerry for being too French, and renamed French fries. Now, they are mocking Kerry for the exact opposite!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: