myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Brian Williams, now Bill O'Reilly, who's next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Caution, you are entering the no spin zone"! For sure. I think I'll hide my gold under all his coffee mugs, t-shirts and hats I have stacked in my closet. Bard, my address is 1060 W. Addison, Chicago, Stop by anytime! Seat 26, row 32, section A.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
I don't have a TV.

That explains everything.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exaggerating/lying about one's accomplishments falls on both sides of the political fence. One would only hope that those in prominent positions would be more careful with their boasting. However, those in the media or politics seem to have bigger egos and a greater need for admiration than us lowly type folks.

From the Washington Post:
Quote:
Veterans took to Facebook to voice their frustration with Robert McDonald, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, who lied about his military record in a conversation with a man he thought was a homeless veteran. The exchange was caught on camera and aired on national television.

The new secretary, hired to clean up the embattled agency, claimed he was in the elite Special Forces, when McDonald is in fact a West Point grad who served with the 82nd Airborne Division during the late 1970s. He has issued an apology for the misstatement.

Quote:
Others had more serious concerns, and some suggested he shouldn’t be serving as VA Secretary.

Veterans pointed out that the apology is the second major correction for McDonald in the last week. In a Feb. 15 appearance on “Meet the Press,” he claimed that 60 department workers had been fired in recent months for problems related to the VA’s wait time scandal, but later backtracked to say only eight had lost their jobs.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
I don't have a TV.

I'll also guess that you actually believe the tales that O'Reilly bashed Williams. or gloated in ANY way over Williams' or NBC's black eye.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More lies:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/25/oreilly-suicide-mohrenschildt_n_6749182.html

As Bill O’Reilly continues on the warpath against those reporting on whether he embellished his combat experience, new allegations have emerged that the Fox News anchor lied about being present at a suicide in Florida.

“He was in Dallas,” Tracy Rowlett, a former colleague of O’Reilly’s at Dallas station WFAA, told liberal watchdog Media Matters. “Bill O’Reilly’s a phony -- there’s no other way to put it.”

The Fox host has claimed on several occasions that he heard the gunshot that killed George de Mohrenschildt, a friend of JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald who committed suicide at his daughter’s home in Florida in 1977. O’Reilly originally made the claim in his 2012 book, Killing Kennedy. He repeated it during an appearance on "Fox & Friends" while promoting the book: “I was about to knock on the door where [de Mohrenschildt] was, his daughter’s house, and he blew his brains out with a shotgun,” O'Reilly said (see embedded video at the bottom of this piece). He made the claim again in an adaption of Killing Kennedy for younger readers.

Rowlett and Byron Harris, another of O’Reilly’s WFAA colleagues at the time, both say the embattled host was with them at WFAA’s Dallas headquarters when de Mohrenschildt died.

The station "would have reported it as some kind of exclusive -- and there was no exclusive -- if O'Reilly had been standing outside the door,” Harris said. Not only did WFAA run no exclusive, but the story was broken by The Dallas Morning News.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office investigation of de Mohrenschildt’s death does not mention O’Reilly. Nor does The Associated Press report of the incident, which only says de Mohrenschildt was in the house with two maids at the time, neither of which heard the gunshot.

According to Rowlett and Harris, O’Reilly never mentioned while he was working at WFAA that he was present when de Mohrenschildt committed suicide.

“That came later," Rowlett said. “That must have been a brain surge when he was writing the book.”

O’Reilly’s claim to have been in Florida is also contradicted by conversations the Fox host had with Gaeton Fonzi, an investigative journalist who wrote extensively about the Kennedy assassination. Fozi, who is now deceased, writes in his biography that he received a call from O’Reilly shortly after the suicide, asking for confirmation it had happened. From Fozi’s autobiography:

About 6:30 that evening I received a call from Bill O’Reilly, a friend who was then a television reporter in Dallas. “Funny thing happened,” he said. “We just aired a story that came over the wire about a Dutch journalist saying the Assassinations Committee has finally located de Mohrenschildt in South Florida. Now de Mohrenschildt’s attorney, a guy named Pat Russel, he calls and says de Mohrenschildt committed suicide this afternoon. Is that true?”
The new charges promise for the embattled Fox entertainer, who since last Thursday has fended off accusations that he overstated his war reporting experience. O’Reilly has claimed in the past that he "reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands" during his time with CBS and "survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands War.” O’Reilly was in Buenos Aires -- 1,200 miles from the Falklands -- when the conflict ended, but maintained in an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt* that the riots he witnessed in the capital constitute a “combat situation.”

O’Reilly did not immediately respond to request for comment through the publisher of Killing Kennedy, Henry Holt and Co.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably, you are unemployed?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Presumably, you are unemployed?

No, and I don't have to presume what you are.

Carry on.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObY922U-Ms#t=24
Here he is claiming people were shooting at him!
Graduated High school in 67', got two draft deferments to avoid Vietnam. At the height of the war O'Reilly and Bill Clinton were going to college in England.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your employer approve of you wasting your time browsing the web for silly non-stories, and then posting them on iWindsurf using company time and resources to do so? Do you think that routinely doing this while being paid is honest behavior? Note: that's for Captain America
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I've been in combat" The leprechaun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: