myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NET NEUTRALITY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"However, it's not surprising that conservatives are skeptical, or anti-anything that comes from the Obama administration. We simply don't believe that he has the best interest of ALL Americans in his policy making decisions. Thus our concern about net neutrality, valid or otherwise."

Are you one of the haters like Rudy Giuliani that believes that President Obama doesn't love America, because he's not like us?
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of a sudden mrgybe claims that his objection is merely the secrecy of the regulations. If this had been his first posting, and it had been accompanied by some actual research and knowledge, I might have agreed with him. Normally the rule making process seeks comments on a painful level of detail, and Dan has made it clear that there were many thousands of comments. What is different about the FCC and their practices, and what, if anything should be done about it? It clearly is not a creation of the Obama administration, and I wonder why they do things the way they do. I would have welcomed something insightful, particularly early on.

Instead, Mrgybe's objections have been theological and hyperbolic, such as this, which is one of the milder ones:

Quote:
this Administration wants to control everything we do regardless of the cost to do so, and in spite of the indifferent track record of regulators. I guarantee you that we will soon see a new line on our internet bills for the cost of administering this FCC intervention. Four years to build a worthless Obamacare customer interface.........and now they control the internet. What could possibly go wrong!

Paranoid ranting does not persuade anybody except another paranoid.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
Are you one of the haters like Rudy Giuliani that believes that President Obama doesn't love America, because he's not like us?

The "haters" talking point is getting really boring. I can't speak for other conservatives, but as I have repeated a few times. I don't hate Obama, but I do hate his political views. It appears that playing the race card is the fall back strategy when little else comes to mind.

If Joe Smith was president and white, but had the exact same political views as Obama, I and most other conservatives would be saying the same things we are saying now.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
swchandler said:
Quote:

The "haters" talking point is getting really boring. I can't speak for other conservatives, but as I have repeated a few times. I don't hate Obama, but I do hate his political views. It appears that playing the race card is the fall back strategy when little else comes to mind.

If Joe Smith was president and white, but had the exact same political views as Obama, I and most other conservatives would be saying the same things we are saying now.

DAMN STRAIGHT !!!
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did mention anything about race or use the "race card"? No, I didn't, because it's not my style. Haters are folks that are always quick to show their disdain and negativity for something or somebody. isobars is the perfect example of such a person. While I won't put you in his ugly category, you still rarely if ever have anything positive to say about President Obama, Democrats and liberals. When it comes to these folks and their views, you usually have comments of distrust and suspicion that you usually tack on at the end of your posts.

The one that caught my attention was the "We simply don't believe that he has the best interest of ALL Americans in his policy decisions", hence the Giuliani parallel that I made. I guess the latest "but I do hate his political views" comment clearly puts you into the category of hating anything that Obama says or does.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I don't hate Obama, but I do hate his political views.

I must admit it's getting hard to separate the two. Look at the personal animosity towards conservatives here, from people we've never met. At least Bill Clinton is reputed to be a nice guy, whereas Obama is described even by many staunch liberal Democrat supporters and congressmen as very detached ... a cold fish.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Haters are folks that are always quick to show their disdain and negativity for something or somebody..... you still rarely if ever have anything positive to say about President Obama, Democrats and liberals. When it comes to these folks and their views, you usually have comments of distrust and suspicion that you usually tack on at the end of your posts.

From an outsider looking in, these attributes are hardly exclusive to one side or the other, rather a shared characteristics, and almost a culture phenomenon of sorts. As far as posts with a bizarre hateful tone, no one will trump the left's mascot, bajaDean. There are a couple close seconds who've pitched tent in that campground too.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:

Quote:
Did I mention anything about race or use the "race card"? No, I didn't, because it's not my style.

And you think that "because he's not like us" is NOT a racist implication?

Actually, saying I hate Obama's politics may be overstated. I probably don't "hate" much of anything and political views don't generally fall into the hate category. My best friend of over 30 years is a liberal, but we have never discussed politics in any way. He's a great guy and we would do anything for one another, but do I hate his political views? I dislike his views, and that alone may suggest hate, but I wouldn't go as far as loathe, detest, despise or abhor.
Quote:

hate
VERB
feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone): "the boys hate each other"

synonyms: loathe · detest · despise · dislike · abhor · execrate

If any of us with conflicting political views ever met on the beach, I would never enter into a political discussion. I could easily strike up a friendship with any of you (Baja may be the exception) and have a great day sailing and talking windsurfing.

Differing politics doesn't have to alienate friendly relationships, but the name calling and derogatory personal comments by some don't do anything to promote friendships.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long time good friend of mine is far left, and we discuss politics often. It has worked for decades because we discuss POLITICS rather than whether either of us fornicates with dogs, tells lies, or eats children for breakfast ... unlike most of the "people" in my killfile. What a concept!

It also helps that Gus reads incessantly, knows what he's talking about (within the limits imposed by his ideology Smile ), and lives and roams over three continents.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny that Isobars, the flamer when I first encountered this forum, and the constant flamer, nearly instantly, since--has now discovered the idea of courtesy.

One suggestion--try it for a month, and convince mrgybe to do the same, and you might get better results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: