myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lets follow the money.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
Sorry, my bad. Fortunately I'm not as familiar with the process given I've never been involved such activity. So what's it like having a temporary restraining order issued against you?

hmm seems you know more about them than I, did not know even the proper name for them or that they were temporary. As I said never had one on me or taken out by me on anyone. Will be a first here. I am hoping they have one that is not so temporary, but thanks for the tip.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfoHgvEIc
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about misfit physicists ...

"Tom" at the gym, a physics PhD, announced Thursday that "The Lufthansa CEO declared today that "the co-pilot personally flew the plane into the mountain"". I wondered out loud how he manually flew it into the ground with no elevated breathing rate and despite Airbus's "computer trumps the pilots" software which will override any such attempt. I answered my implied question with "Maybe he deceived the computers and let the computers do the dirty work."

His entire response was to sneer and snap, "Mike, it's a fact. The CEO said so. The copilot personally flew it into the mountain. The case is settled!"

The very next morning national banner headlines blared that the copilot had spoofed the flight computers with false barometric data which fooled IT into flying into the mountain. That and his meds let more puzzle pieces fall into place.

That's also how he discusses AGW. He has studied it since the 60s, so I really wanted his insights on the topic. His entire AGW explanation consists of "IT'S SETTLED SCIENCE! Within 2 to 3 years three trigger points will be reached -- ocean acidification, atmospheric meltdown due to sudden tundra methane release, and sea levels surging by tens of feet -- to decimate world population within a year."

His explanation for his side's '70s cry and hue that "we're doomed by an imminent ice age" was that "We're right this time".

Physicists!

He's from SoCal, BTW. (I'da guessed Berkeley. )
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Talking about misfit physicists ...

"Tom" at the gym, a physics PhD, announced Thursday that "The Lufthansa CEO declared today that "the co-pilot personally flew the plane into the mountain"". I wondered out loud how he manually flew it into the ground with no elevated breathing rate and despite Airbus's "computer trumps the pilots" software which will override any such attempt. I answered my implied question with "Maybe he deceived the computers and let the computers do the dirty work."

His entire response was to sneer and snap, "Mike, it's a fact. The CEO said so. The copilot personally flew it into the mountain. The case is settled!"

The very next morning national banner headlines blared that the copilot had spoofed the flight computers with false barometric data which fooled IT into flying into the mountain. That and his meds let more puzzle pieces fall into place.

That's also how he discusses AGW. He has studied it since the 60s, so I really wanted his insights on the topic. His entire AGW explanation consists of "IT'S SETTLED SCIENCE! Within 2 to 3 years three trigger points will be reached -- ocean acidification, atmospheric meltdown due to sudden tundra methane release, and sea levels surging by tens of feet -- to decimate world population within a year."

His explanation for his side's '70s cry and hue that "we're doomed by an imminent ice age" was that "We're right this time".

Physicists!

He's from SoCal, BTW. (I'da guessed Berkeley. )

are you really this stupid to come up with this conclusion that this example somehow signifies we should eliminate all graduate school and post grad school as something that would make america more competitive place if we had more stupid people? More Palins, Joe the blumbers, reaguns, et al, folksy people?

Hey heard the Palins showed up in a stretch limo and got into another redneck fight. Something like someone told Bristol she wears army boots. Todd was seen with his shirt torn off by a grizzly bear, i mean hockey Mom with lipstick on. Oops that was todds former partner doing his wife episode. Tune back later yall.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja-human wrote:

are you really this stupid to come up with this conclusion that this example somehow signifies we should eliminate all graduate school and post grad school as something that would make america more competitive place if we had more stupid people?

He concluded that, or you assigned him that conclusion?

Look on the bright side, the US became a more competitive place when at least one citizen we know of willingly moved himself down to Baja.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
baja-human wrote:

are you really this stupid to come up with this conclusion that this example somehow signifies we should eliminate all graduate school and post grad school as something that would make america more competitive place if we had more stupid people?

He concluded that, or you assigned him that conclusion?

Look on the bright side, the US became a more competitive place when at least one citizen we know of willingly moved himself down to Baja.

troll post....

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more so than that steaming heap you grunted out.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
No more so than that steaming heap you grunted out.

troll post...

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a new right wing state supreme court chief justice that does not believe there is a conflict of interest in a case that that she should recuse herself from when the largest goups of funders that got her elected are part of the case. Talking about buying elections/justice...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/24/1387311/-Chaos-Follows-RW-Takeover-of-Wisconsin-Supreme-Court?detail=email

Quote:
Roggensack’s decision to get in bed with Sykes looks all the worse given the high-profile case the court is being asked to adjudicate. As I’ve written, Roggensack and the three conservative judges who support her have declined to recuse themselves from deciding whether the John Doe investigation should be shut down, despite the fact the two parties to the case, the Wisconsin Club for Growth and Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce, are parties to the case who could potentially face criminal charges. These two groups together spent $7.6 million to help elect these four justices, providing 76 percent of the support for Prosser, 69 percent of support for Justice Michael Gableman, 59 percent of the spending for Justice Annette Ziegler and 48 percent for Roggensack.
If these justices vote to kill the Doe, the clear message will be that “justice” was purchased for $7.6 million. That message will resonate all the louder now that Roggensack has let the entire state know she is only comfortable discussing court affairs with a talk show host who had repeatedly assailed the John Doe investigators as police-state thugs conducing a “a partisan witch hunt.”

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/6MHYOB5uptc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hmhdv_OSvA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 8 of 47

Jump to: