myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Israel, Iran and obama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW--listen to the interview with Obama about how inspections work. 15 minutes in. Your question was asked and answered. Like I said, he is ten steps ahead of you. You're just paranoid.

What alternative would you suggest?
I don't think you heard me, I don't trust anybody actively involved with this "framework", that includes BHO, and I heard him,,,,,,,,,,, but I don't care what he's saying.
History has taught me not to trust him.

You can trust him, I don't have to, get it?
Some people live and learn, other people just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, live, with blind faith.

*My second post on the previous page answered your question, you must have missed it.*
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
NW--listen to the interview with Obama about how inspections work. 15 minutes in. Your question was asked and answered. Like I said, he is ten steps ahead of you. You're just paranoid.

Ditto to what NW30 said.

Who in their right mind would think that just because Obama said it's so, it will actually turn out that way. History tells us that Obama rarely gets it right when he promises something.

Again, until it's in writing and signed by all involved, it's still all hot air. Who knows, I may even support the "deal" if one ever materializes.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, why give President Obama all the focus of your anxiety and distrust? It appears like the other international players that worked in concert with the US are totally invisible to you. Any thoughts about them?

Who in the world do you trust? Netanyahu? What could he do to turn the Middle East around?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
NW30, why give President Obama all the focus of your anxiety and distrust? It appears like the other international players that worked in concert with the US are totally invisible to you. Any thoughts about them?

Who in the world do you trust? Netanyahu? What could he do to turn the Middle East around?

Try reading my previous recent posts on this, I spread my mistrust among many, as well as thoughts on what should be done.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, both sides lie through their teeth.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
both sides lie through their teeth.

But this administration is setting all-time records. Besides the obvious ones already beaten to death, there's the latest revelation on the Bergdahl case. Not until this week did the NCIS, the Armed Forces' top investigative agency, release the fact that it reported to the administration in 2009 what Bergdahl had been up to. Yet STILL the Pres has a Rose Garden fete for his parents, sends Susan Rice out to the talk shows claiming he served honorably, sends five Taliban leaders home to wage more war, gets at least American Special Forces heroes killed in at least 29 missions to rescue the mofo, all supposedly for a PROVEN deserter who had already been communicating with multiple enemies (e.g., Taliban, Al Qaeda, the Russian Mafia) in attempts to line up his next career as a jihadi or a hit man. It's clear that Obama's primary, apparently only, motive in these deceptions of the whole world including those he directly serves was whittling down the population of GITMO to get it closer to the number at which he can simply open its gates without Congressional approval. Why else would his first offer ... HIS OWN ADMINISTRATION'S IDEA ... instead of what the Taliban had been asking for, be a swap for a proven deserter whose known actions warrant the death sentence or life in prison? Why else was the NCIS report kept from the public for six years?

"To leave no soldier behind"? BS. That's an unwritten Navy SEAL mantra, not an Armed Forces mandate. Our first frantic "rescue" attempts were as much to apprehend a known deserter and self-declared enemy sympathizer before he could assist them as they were to save his criminal repeat-offending ass.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US consumes 22-25% of the world's crude oil supply, daily. In March, we built inventory at a level not seen since 2001. I really doubt Iran is going to be bombing anybody , any time soon. Usually , if you follow the money, you get your answers.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far better thought through than anything else I have read:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/06/a-calculated-risk
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be paying more attention to Khamenei, than the idealistic New Yorker.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Iran's Khamenei says no guarantee of final nuclear deal

By Cyril Julien
3 hours ago

Tehran (AFP) - Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Thursday that last week's hard-won framework accord with world powers on Tehran's nuclear programme was no guarantee of a final deal and that much work remained.

And President Hassan Rouhani added that Iran would not sign any final agreement unless "all economic sanctions are totally lifted on the same day."

"What has been done so far does not guarantee an agreement, nor its contents, nor even that the negotiations will continue to the end," Khamenei, who has the final word on all matters of state, said on his website.

"I have always supported and still support the Iranian negotiating team," Khamenei said.

"I welcome any agreement that protects the interests and greatness of the nation, but having no agreement is more honourable than an agreement in which the interests and greatness of the nation is damaged."

For the rest~
http://news.yahoo.com/irans-khamenei-says-no-guarantee-nuclear-deal-114149111.html;_ylt=AwrC2Q6hpyZV_HsA3AfQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBya2tiZ2YyBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that I've learned when it comes to listening to Iran's religious and political leaders, they will always posture greatly in negotiations, often playing to extremes. Does that mean that they aren't open to a negotiated settlement where concessions are made? No, they're just wiry and apt to weaseling everything they can show they've created an agreement that works to Iran's interest. Moreover, their language and culture is different from ours, and they are masters of beating around the bush. I expect to use the time until the end of June to move all over the place, and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to squeeze more time in the negotiations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: