myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Israel, Iran and obama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
I'd be paying more attention to Khamenei, than the idealistic New Yorker.

Oh yeah ... the de facto ruler who still calls for Israel's destruction and chants "Death to America".

That guy.

Sure. I trust him. I trust him every bit as much as I trust our current president.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW ... did BSNBC inform both its viewers that Khamenei stated that all sanctions must cease immediately and there will absolutely be no inspections of any of Iran's facilities? You can look it up.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did any of the righties notice that Russia has lifted its ban on selling arms to Iran? Eager to stick a fork in the US. Let me take you through it by the numbers.

1. It took diplomacy to convince China and Russia to join the sanctions party. Something Bush and modern Republican know-nothing Senators know nothing about.

2. It was united sanctions that put enough pressure on Iran to make concessions.

3. Holding out for a better deal means that Iran will have a much improved air defense system--and no reason to stop using the centrifuges they already have.

Wasn't it mrgybe that thought that it was a good idea to put unexperienced politicians in Congress? Is buffoon another descriptive name for the Tea Baggers that were elected?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
So did any of the righties notice that Russia has lifted its ban on selling arms to Iran? Eager to stick a fork in the US......Is buffoon another descriptive name for the Tea Baggers that were elected?

A little walk down recent memory lane.....
mac wrote:
So much happy horseshit from the right--who, as pointed out, neither have the votes, nor a clue what they actually want to do. They would have to do a Google search to even figure out what "diplomacy" means. If Congress, write large (i.e. a majority of the Senate, or better yet a veto-proof majority of the Senate) wanted to do something specific about negotiations with Iran, they would communicate it in a back channel. But the Republicans in Congress are somewhere between clueless, and uninterested in actually learning how to govern.

More wise words from la la land. Wrong again. The Senate Foreign Relations Committee today voted 19 - 0 in favor of legislation that requires Congressional approval of the Iran deal (pssst........that means that all 9 Democrats were on board). And now the sage tells us that Russia selling arms to Iran is the fault of the Tea Party! Not the President, not the State Department........the Tea Party! We should let him in on a little secret. Putin regards President Obama with contempt. He knows he is weak and indecisive. He pokes him in the eye whenever he can because he knows the consequence will be more bluster. The Administration has previously stated that the sale of this type of weapon to Iran is unacceptable.....another red line. Any bets that this red line will have the same fate as its Syrian predecessor?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading comprehension is missing in action in Northern Alabama:

Quote:
And now the sage tells us that Russia selling arms to Iran is the fault of the Tea Party! Not the President, not the State Department........the Tea Party! We should let him in on a little secret.

If he read for comprehension, he would have understood that I said that the sale of Russian weapons would leave Iran with better air defenses--and that nothing would be achieved if the Senate Republicans block the deal.

Bellicosity is not foreign policy.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just another feather being taken out of Hillary's hat.
Gotta love how that Russian "reset button" of hers worked out, what a joke she is.
feuser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
This is just another feather being taken out of Hillary's hat.
Gotta love how that Russian "reset button" of hers worked out, what a joke she is.

I think we've got the Senate to thank for that - since they are now conducting foreign policy on our behalf.

That's kind of what you get when you have one branch of government publicly pondering which country to bomb next, or when...

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no deal, at least it better be no deal. BHO should consider hanging his weak legacy on something else, this ain't working.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Iran's powerful Guard rejects inspection of military sites

Associated Press
By ALI AKBAR DAREINI
44 minutes ago

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — International nuclear inspectors will be barred from all Iranian military sites under any deal with world powers, a senior commander in the Revolutionary Guard said Sunday, setting up a possible standoff as negotiators try to reach a final deal.

Gen. Hossein Salami, the Guard's deputy leader, told Iranian state television that allowing foreign inspection of military sites is tantamount to "selling out," raising the stakes as talks between Iran and the six-nation group are to resume April 22 in Vienna.

"We will respond with hot lead (bullets) to those who speak of it," Salami said. "Iran will not become a paradise for spies. We will not roll out the red carpet for the enemy."

Salami said allowing foreign inspectors to visit a military base would amount to "occupation," and expose "military and defense secrets."

"It means humiliating a nation," Salami added. "They will not even be permitted to inspect the most normal military site in their dreams."

But such inspections have happened before. In 2005, Iran allowed inspectors from the United Nations nuclear watchdog to visit its Parchin military site as a confidence-building measure, but denied further visits, fearing espionage.

A fact sheet on the framework accord issued by the U.S. State Department said Iran would be required to grant the U.N. nuclear agency access to any "suspicious sites." Iran has questioned that and other language in the fact sheet. Iran has so far declined to release its own fact sheet about the framework deal, but has said it would welcome snap inspections of civilian sites.

Western nations long have suspected Iran of secretly pursuing nuclear weapons. Tehran says its nuclear program is entirely for peaceful purposes.

Meanwhile Sunday, Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei described such Western claims about its nuclear program a "myth."

"Americans, Europeans and some apple polishers fabricated the myth of nuclear weapons to say that the Islamic Republic was a threat. No. The threat is America itself," he told military commanders Sunday.

Khamenei's remarks are seen as an effort by Iran to toughen its position ahead of the next round of talks.

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-guard-rejects-inspection-military-sites-063048778.html
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a little bit of patience is needed. Negotiations will continue through the end of June. Of course, that doesn't work well for those wishing for failure in the process. There are definitely war hungry partisans that would love to see US bombs land in Iran, and anything short of that would be unacceptable. That's what Israel needs us to do, right?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the more thoughtful and insightful articles about the Middle East I've ever read:

http://www.thenation.com/article/201145/revisiting-myths-about-middle-east-case-disengagement#

This gives you a sense:

Quote:
Our most recent military intervention—an aerial bombing campaign against this so-called caliphate—may serve only to incite further Salafist terrorism against American targets. It also threatens to drag the Obama administration—and the United States—into yet another interminable Middle Eastern war.

The Middle East today is thus a far more dangerous neighborhood than it was three decades ago. Unimaginative leaders in Israel and throughout the Arab world have made bad choices, but America’s ill-considered military interventions have consistently made things worse.

So what is America to do? I love the Middle East. My earliest childhood memories are of Jerusalem. I love the colors and smells and cadence of Arabic spoken in the streets of Cairo or Beirut. I also love the modernity and verve of Tel Aviv. But all my instincts are to protect my Middle East from my America. These are two different worlds—and we Americans, firmly ensconced in one of these worlds, have no understanding of the other.

Furthermore, after all our bloody, misbegotten interventions, we have no standing, no legitimacy as mediators, let alone as peacekeepers. I assure you, we do nothing to improve the situation with our boots on the ground and our deadly drones circling overhead. In the Arab world, we have historically aligned ourselves with generals and kings and narrow-minded sectarian tribal leaders. In Israel, we have become the ultimate enablers of Likudites devoted to colonization.

It is time to walk away and leave these people to their own bad behavior. Let the Israelis occupy—and then let them grapple with the consequences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: