myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Manu's new video - Cabarete on Fire March 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manuel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Manu's new video - Cabarete on Fire March 2015 Reply with quote

On my way to understand the sport.
Hope you enjoy the vid!

cgoudie1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Manu's new video - Cabarete on Fire March 2015 Reply with quote

I dig it!

If/when I get to Cabarete, we can compare notes (or if you ever get to the Gorge) I really dig the DTL clew view. In the past I've found that view
not to my liking, but seeing your stuff, I'm going to reconsider.

Video on!

-Craig

p.s. also dug the no gear loop!

manuel wrote:
On my way to understand the sport.
Hope you enjoy the vid!

Last edited by cgoudie1 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim.od3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super video! Nice sailing skills too. I sailed at cabarete about 7 yrs ago in the summer. Waves weren't quite like that, but it was a good trip. I'd love to go back.
manuel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:

[...]In the past I've found that view not to my liking, but seeing your stuff, I'm going to reconsider.

Me either but with the 960p mode, it actually catches the whole rider with the board so we can see the body changing positions and I think it works quite well.

The more side the better because at the bottom turn we can have a glimpse of the wave's lip. Now I need to work on hitting later and later to "offer" the board's lull at the lip vertically and not just turn onto it.

cgoudie1 wrote:
p.s. also dug the no gear loop!

That was a good laugh.

Jim.od3 wrote:
Super video! Nice sailing skills too. I sailed at cabarete about 7 yrs ago in the summer. Waves weren't quite like that, but it was a good trip. I'd love to go back.

Summer waves are more like regular wind waves so it's quite onshore. We get our waves from big storms afar and generally early-mid summer is quieter even though the wind is at its strongest.

However, the less intimidating waves are good to practice jumps without having to worry about breaking gear.

A mini blog update: Today we had some gusty winds, in a 5-knot lull, I was able to jibe and grab one of the "bouquet final" waves, it was quite interesting riding with an empty sail and small board on such a large wave.

Look how glassy the water is:

From the flats, I estimated the waves to be around 2.5m maybe 3 while today's waves were nearly nonexistent and the forecast called for 1.3m/8s.

justall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few comments and a question:

1) First, awesome video!

2) Nice jibes. Great to see a sailor out there trying out everything and having a blast.

3) The no-equipment jump looks like you were shot out of a circus cannon.

4) Did you take a couple months of vacation, retire early, or just puch out of the grind for a while? ... As it seems like you have been non-stop sailing for weeks.
manuel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justall wrote:
A few comments and a question:

1) First, awesome video!

2) Nice jibes. Great to see a sailor out there trying out everything and having a blast.

3) The no-equipment jump looks like you were shot out of a circus cannon.

4) Did you take a couple months of vacation, retire early, or just puch out of the grind for a while? ... As it seems like you have been non-stop sailing for weeks.

Thank you, I do spend too much time (lots of sleepless nights) but it's my passion and I enjoy sharing it so long as others do too!

The no-gear loop was amazing, I had seen Tiki do that before, I'm not quite quite how he gets so much push to shoot up like this. I will ask him.

The wind is quite convenient here, it kicks in the afternoon so I save a 3-hr window between 3 and 6pm to sail and adjust depending on work/life. I am minutes away from the beach, I don't need to drive or rig, saves lots of time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: