myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rio Vista RV rental

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Rio Vista RV rental Reply with quote

Looking to rent a trailer for a weeks stay at Rio Vista this summer. If you know someone that rents in that area please let me know. I prefer not to tow a long way....
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Cruise America facility in Davis if you want to go the Class C motorhome route.
JasonVoss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Novaan,

The RV park on Sherman Island called Rio Viento rents trailers on site and they have a few size options to choose from. Best thing about that is you just show up with family and gear. The trailer is all set up.

I have a trailer there and if the wind is out of the right direction, it's some of the best sailing the river has to offer. I love giving jumping lessons down there.

See you on the water in the Delta or the Bay,

Jason Voss, US 8
JRV Windsurfing
www.windsurfinginstruction.com
or
www.JasonRVoss.com
(321) 277-3211 (cell)
Arrgh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novaan,
Please bring along some of that excellent wind you've been getting at Lopez Lake since, sadly, it looks like it won't be of much use there. Of course I believe Rio Viento is the place to stay, but some days it can be worth it to drive the whole mile to the County Park to get an extra couple of mph. Makes a great downwinder on a flood, too. I like to call Rio Viento the Old Windsurfers' RV Park, so you should fit right in. Very Happy Of course, there are some young folks (under 50) as well, many of them refugees from the Powerlines.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its for "old" people I should fit right in. We have had several good wind days at the lake but its just not worth it anymore. It will very soon be completely dry in the windsurfing area. Maybe next year. I'm thinking about an early June trip to Rio. Just need to check the tides...Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: