myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Whole body cryotherapy (not spam)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Whole body cryotherapy (not spam) Reply with quote

My neighbor was on the mainland and he tried this out, http://www.cryohealthcare.com/
You stand in a room at -184 to -264 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes, your blood flows from your extremities to your core and later as you warm up the blood flowing back is said to be euphoric lasting for hours even days, very energizing. Lots of other benefits regarding pain management and swelling alleged. I would love to try this.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With or without BBQ sauce?
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a package of 20 cryochamber visits for $800 would do the trick? Still though, kind of an expensive "high" at $40 a pop. What would cryochamber addiction cost per month?
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it will cure my pain it's priceless however L.A. is near last on the list of places I want to visit.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried going to an osteopath? I had a hip replacement done as a result of a skiing accident in 2009. For 5 years I experienced tightness and pain around the area of the surgery despite stretching, swimming, pilates, and yoga. They all provided relief but it was usually temporary. My ceramic hip would actually squeak and feel as if it was rubbing inside of me. My daughter started going to an osteopath for back pain and I thought I would give him a try since she was having great success there. Four hours post my first visit I tearfully acknowledged I was not aware of my hip and that it felt 100% natural.

Last year at this time I was in PSC on a reconnaissance trip to gather information about baja-Dean Rolling Eyes, and do some windsurfing and biking. I was in discomfort / pain the majority of the time, but I had only been to the osteo a couple of times then. Recently I drove 17 hours to OBX, sailed 14 hours in 2 days and drove 17 hours back. That would have been the kiss of death for me before. I only did some stretching while there where I lay on the floor for 10 minutes in pigeon pose and then I'm good as new.

Now I hardly ever feel pain in my hip. I will feel a slight tightness from time to time but that's it. When that occurs it's usually from sitting too much if anything. No more gobbling Advil to cope with the pain. The best part is the osteo tries to see me less than I want to see him. This is not like a chiropractor with the, "come see me three times a week for the next three months" nonsense. I would see him once a week for the first two months and when he felt it was good he only want to see me once a month. He says his goal is to not see me at all unless I have experienced some sort of trauma.

Practically everyone I know with chronic pain or who has experienced trauma I send to my osteo, and every person has had outstanding results from their visits. My father at 82 was starting to walk with a cane due to sciatic pain and now is back to ballroom dancing three nights a week. The only person he couldn't help was my mother's friend with a totally worn hip, and partly because he's too stupid to do any stretching on his own and he's addicted to Oxycontin.

I know, long winded, but if I can help anyone not have to deal with the pain as I did, I don't care. I know we're around the same age, really on our bodies for our income, and our sports so I hope and pray that this helps you or anyone else in some way.

If you have problems finding a great osteo let me know and I'll see if he can make a referral. He did this for a friend out west who had broken his back years ago, and he now belongs to the "pain free" club too.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for making light of the cryochamber business. I have to admit to forgetting the fact that you have a hip problem. To doubt, a bummer having pain and physical limitations, especially if you have few, if any surgical options.

Old age is wearing on me these days in many different ways. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my right shoulder holds up over the long run. Getting the left one done was a long ordeal.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my hip pain issue has stabilized, the Dr's agree I should have a surgery to fix the torn labrum and the osteoarthritis is not severe enough to warrant a hip replacement but the problem is being self employed, there is no disability payments I can get while I recover which could be up to 6 months so I'm working more and trying to get my finances in order to allow for no employment income during this time.
My biggest pain is now my shoulder which I cannot get an answer as to what the cause is. Then Mrs Beagle left last September... It's the death of a thousand cuts Confused
My neighbor can't stop raving about the cryotherapy although he did say after about 2 weeks of it the returns were not as great so he came home. I'd really like to try it, one person described it as like having 30 cups of coffee Exclamation
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't 16 advil per day do the same thing?
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well perhaps but it would also destroy your liver and kidneys. I'm not doing painkillers like that. I do take Meloxicam but in moderation.
Nailpounder, I had people working for me when I was in California and of course I made a lot more money but I was juggling a lot more jobs and for me, it was more work trying to keep up the quality of work.
I'll be 52 soon and I'm looking to retire, maybe move to HR where it's a lot cheaper to live than Kauai.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB,

I love HR but I'd never leave Kauai to move there (I would still vacation in HR in the summer). It is a lot cheaper in HR than on Kauai. It's also a lot more grey and
misty in the Winter (unlike Kauai where the rain comes in hard and fast , and then is gone). HR is misty most of the time from November until March, and a lot colder than Kauai.

Have you considered Mexico, maybe you could hang with Baja-Dean ;*)

Retiring at 52! You are my hero.

and now back to the regularly scheduled thread

-Craig

beaglebuddy wrote:
I'll be 52 soon and I'm looking to retire, maybe move to HR where it's a lot cheaper to live than Kauai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: