myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Fact based critiques of Obama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Fact based critiques of Obama Reply with quote

From a quality journalist, Seymour Hersh:

Quote:
President Barack Obama rushed to take credit for the death of Osama bin Laden in 2011, and then forced the military and intelligence communities to back up his version of the events of that night, a new investigative report claims.

"Obama’s speech was put together in a rush," investigative reporter Seymour Hersh claims in a lengthy exposé posted in The London Review of Books. "This series of self-serving and inaccurate statements would create chaos in the weeks following."

Hersh, quoting a single, unnamed source in his article, writes that the Pakistani government had an active role in approving and implementing the Abbottabad raid, where bin Laden died.

"The White House still maintains that the mission was an all-American affair, and that the senior generals of Pakistan's army and Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI) were not told of the raid in advance," Hersh writes. "This is false, as are many other elements of the Obama administration’s account."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/seymour-hersh-bin-laden-obama-death/2015/05/11/id/643791/#ixzz3ZqtfdeX6

Something refreshing--an actual analysis instead of an ad hominem attack.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just read Hersh's article in it's complete form.
I wouldn't call it a friendly analysis, but somewhat damning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Killing of Osama bin Laden

Seymour M. Hersh

It’s been four years since a group of US Navy Seals assassinated Osama bin Laden in a night raid on a high-walled compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. The killing was the high point of Obama’s first term, and a major factor in his re-election. The White House still maintains that the mission was an all-American affair, and that the senior generals of Pakistan’s army and Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI) were not told of the raid in advance. This is false, as are many other elements of the Obama administration’s account. The White House’s story might have been written by Lewis Carroll: would bin Laden, target of a massive international manhunt, really decide that a resort town forty miles from Islamabad would be the safest place to live and command al-Qaida’s operations? He was hiding in the open. So America said.

The most blatant lie was that Pakistan’s two most senior military leaders – General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, chief of the army staff, and General Ahmed Shuja Pasha, director general of the ISI – were never informed of the US mission. This remains the White House position despite an array of reports that have raised questions, including one by Carlotta Gall in the New York Times Magazine of 19 March 2014. Gall, who spent 12 years as the Times correspondent in Afghanistan, wrote that she’d been told by a ‘Pakistani official’ that Pasha had known before the raid that bin Laden was in Abbottabad.

For the rest, it's fairly long~
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-hersh/the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden
isobars

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SEAL that shot OBL has stated and discussed on the record that Hersh's story is full of fabrications. He and Fox News have invited Hersh to defend his story, but Hersh has refused.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not reading all that but common sense would assume the Paki's would want plausible deny ability, i.e. I could see them cooperating with us on this but I can also see them not wanting their people to know about it.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you beaglebuddy, folks could be involved, but don't want any spotlight. I will admit though, I haven't read the article yet. I will read it later when I have more time.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One also has to ask why 38 Navy SEALs/soldiers, some from seal team six were killed in the 2011 Chinook crash. Why were they put into an old helicopter, not usually used for such transport.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that Rep. Trey Goudy will be investigating that in his ongoing circus to find the truth? It might be outside of the trumped-up theater related to what happened in Benghazi, but maybe he can create enough mystery and innuendo to fold Hillary Clinton into the tragic event. There must have been something about it in the E-Mails that Clinton deleted, right?
gwenrider1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is people so obsessed about criticing Obama
Is he so bad? Crying or Very sad
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's worse than spammers like you, and that's saying a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: