myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TI on a (very) good day or 20 km reaches at Gruissan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopless

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done the Defi but having done some long distance events with 150+ windsurfers all I can say is that the buzz is incredible, it can be complete chaos at the marks, but it's an unbelievable blast to do. You are always passing and being passed. I think the Defi is on my bucket list.

PS Bay Area sailors don't forget AWT Santa Cruz IS GOING AHEAD soon June 4-7
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loopless wrote:
I haven't done the Defi but having done some long distance events with 150+ windsurfers all I can say is that the buzz is incredible, it can be complete chaos at the marks, but it's an unbelievable blast to do. You are always passing and being passed. I think the Defi is on my bucket list.

PS Bay Area sailors don't forget AWT Santa Cruz IS GOING AHEAD soon June 4-7

Just to get an idea of the conditions. According to http://www.4windsurf.it in the first 3 days Antoine Albeau, Bjorn Dunkerbeck and Pierre Mortefon were on custom 5.5, Severne 5.6 (but he would have preferred a 5.1) and 4.7 Warp Speed. Apparently all on speed boards ... Shocked

Per le prime 3 prove abbiamo visto in acqua un po’ di tutto. I top 6 sono entrati in acqua con le loro tavole da speed e vele da slalom piccolissime. Antoine Albeau aveva una 5.5 custom. Bjorn Dunkerbeck una 5.6 ma avrebbe preferito la 5.1. Pirre Mortefon, il più organizzato di tutti e non a caso il vincitore della 15° edizione della Defi Wind, aveva addirittura una North Sails Warp 4.7 da speed. Shocked
streetsailing

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this Defi discussion. I can't imagine anyone not wanting do be part of it. If you love windsurfing, wouldn't you want to be surrounded by others like you, who just want to be part of just about anything windsurf related? Whether you want to race or not, it has to be THE epicenter of windsurf energy. It's definitely on my bucket list even if all I do is watch but unless I can't walk, I'm racing.

Did you know that a few weeks prior to the DEFI Wind, they had the first ever DEFI Kite. Check this out.
https://vimeo.com/127449191

Sail ON!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: