myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looking for some help exploring the Hood River
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merriam

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are idiots! I hope she doesn't have the misfortune of meeting you when she is here. She is a very active interesting young woman looking for adventure. Here is a recent post from her facebook page (which has many great pictures of her exploits and family and friends.) Most of her posts are in Russian, but she has pretty good English as well.

I just figured out that I will have a bonus before I get to Maryhill Festival! I must spend a couple of days here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6DyOZwS6Dg
Hood river !!!! Oregon, between Portland and Maryhill ! Isnt it perfect???
Now I just regret that I will come for too short... but) I hope not the last time !!!
windfind

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the lack of response from xtreme21girl this seems a little fishy,

(edited Saturday morning to change uncalled for politeness)

Actually my wife and I have long since been in e-mail contact with Maria and provided her information about the pros and cons of different camping sites and suggestions for sailing sites for an expert windsurfing freestyler like herself.

Maria has given us prompt and courteous responses and thanks. This is probably the reason, beyond the responses on this forum, that she has not responded back on this forum. Would you?

I would have hoped that people on this forum would have treated Marie's inquiries the same way they would want their daughter or wife treated if they were an extreme women athlete visiting a country half way around world my themselves.

Sadly that was not the case for some of you.

Ask yourself if you would have treated a man asking the same questions and the equivalent e-mail address the same way. Your answer will say a lot about the sort of person you have become.

I wonder if you guys are men enough to apologize publicly to Maria on this forum as quickly as you ridiculed her? Or are you going to sulk away behind your anonymity?

I have a lot of respect for woman who will venture alone around the world in the pursuit of adventure. The idea of guys who are afraid of venturing to even a country next door ridiculing Maria is pathetic.

Moderators where are you? There are a couple of posts here that are obviously trying to degrade another person who happens to be a visitor to our country asking for advice! Clear violation of forum guidelines!

Mike Godsey

Last edited by windfind on Sat May 30, 2015 8:44 am; edited 6 times in total
merriam

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mike. My wife has also had contact with her and tried to connect her with some of the local younger crowd. I hope we have the good fortune of meeting her when she is here.

Tom Merriam
WMP

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you and your wife have had some good conversations with Maria, Mike. With all due respect to Maria, I would just advise cation in seeking someone to have fun with here. This would be the advise that I would share with my own daughter who is about the same age as Maria. Perhaps that is the motivation behind some of these other rude posts? As we all know, there's plenty of predatory types and "operators" who would enjoy feasting upon a young & attractive woman from a far away place. No, America is not the innocent place it was many years ago and much cation needs to be practiced at all times.

I have traveled the world and have not found a place with people that are so mixed up and misleading. Hope Maria is able to find the right people and have a great time here.

windfind wrote:
Quote:
the lack of response from xtreme21girl this seems a little fishy,

(edited Saturday morning to change uncalled for politeness)

Actually my wife and I have long since been in e-mail contact with Maria and provided her information about the pros and cons of different camping sites and suggestions for sailing sites for an expert windsurfing freestyler like herself.

Maria has given us prompt and courteous responses and thanks. This is probably the reason, beyond the responses on this forum, that she has not responded back on this forum. Would you?

I would have hoped that people on this forum would have treated Marie's inquiries the same way they would want their daughter or wife treated if they were an extreme women athlete visiting a country half way around world my themselves.

Sadly that was not the case for some of you.

Ask yourself if you would have treated a man asking the same questions and the equivalent e-mail address the same way. Your answer will say a lot about the sort of person you have become.

I wonder if you guys are men enough to apologize publicly to Maria on this forum as quickly as you ridiculed her? Or are you going to sulk away behind your anonymity?

I have a lot of respect for woman who will venture alone around the world in the pursuit of adventure. The idea of guys who are afraid of venturing to even a country next door ridiculing Maria is pathetic.

Moderators where are you? There are a couple of posts here that are obviously trying to degrade another person who happens to be a visitor to our country asking for advice! Clear violation of forum guidelines!

Mike Godsey
winfreak

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria is being hosted by Disruptive Wind for the windsurfing portion of her trip. We will make sure she has the best experience we can provide. -Peter Very Happy
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for some help exploring the Hood River Reply with quote

Hey Tom

It's not my 1st face palm, and it certainly won't be my last. Some one here, was kind enough to clear up the fact that the longboarding in this case was with a skate board . Don't know how I could have misinterpreted that on a windsurfing forum. Anyway, I was just trying to help, without the misogynistic pictures.

-Craig

merriam wrote:
cgoudie1 wrote:
Hi Maria,
Maria Esyutina

A picture of her after reading your post.[/quote]
isobars

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more bonus for my filters: I missed the derogatory posts, and sure as heck am not going to go looking for them. I agree Maria is being bold and proactive, and hope she finds good wind some days, good longboarding on the calm days, and some good hosts to brighten the whole experience.

Lighten up, Zemanski. Smile It's called "humor". Greasing the skids has worked wonders for me throughout my life, so unlike some others, I admire Maria's spirit and never doubted her sincerity. Besides, which photo best resembles her is irrelevant; anyone who would let her looks affect their decision whether to help her is a pig anyway.

Mike \m/
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars, you could just go back and delete your earlier post. I think that would be a good idea right now.
xtreme21girl

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, guys)))) I haven't been looking back to this forum as I got some good advices on my e-mail and facebook adress... and as I am not really a forum chatter box I didnt get back here))) I am very sorry for those who were waiting for my response Smile))

Well, lot's of text, lot's of discussion - screw it up, guys)))

I'll be on a river from 16th on, on 23rd I move on to Maryhill. If you would like to catch up and windsurf with me - would be a pleasure) You can just e-mail me your phone number and I will write you where I will be windsurfing these days)

I saw you were looking my facebook all through) you are welcome! my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJU75w4922kFXkWlOVPD4A

And well, I think this discussion may come to an end here on this forum

I am very thankfull to people who wrote me e-mails and texts, gave me all the info and help!!!

I will be glad to see you all on the River!

Cheers)))
isobars

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girl, you've crammed a lifetime of living and learning -- including the nuances of the English language -- into those 21 years. If you can windsurf and longboard like you can ski, snowboard, and write, you're gonna set this place on fire. Have a great trip.

And, locals ... should Maria bring any snow toys? Has anybody informed Maria that Mt. Hood is nearby and, at least in some years, offers summertime snow to play on? Looks like she's at home on wet snow.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: