myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What size gear for a beginner?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you have a great board for your skill level
and wind conditions.. It might feel a bit tipsy at first but soon enough you will get it working. Windsurfing is a progression. What at first seems difficult will soon become easy. It takes determination and time on the water. I would suggest that you don't get a big wide board right now. Instead get on the water with a sail every chance you get. learn balance and sail control. learn the proper way to walk your board and sail back up wind. learn to beach start. Maybe even a water start. A big thing is to learn to use a harness. This will greatly increase your time on the water. These small steps can all be done on the board your have now and are necessary to get to the next level. This could take a month or a year. Depends on how often you can get out. Once you get to the point that your comfortable with these basic skills, then consider your next board. Something like a Bic techno 152.
Big enough for lite wind basic skills but will plane once the wind picks. Very durable board. This board or one like it will again challenge you to progress your skill set. Planning, footstraps and water starts. Once you get these intermediate skills down, the whole world of windsurfing opens up to you.
Sailboarder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I'd add this sentence at the X between the two sentences Sailboarder wrote:
Bring the sail up and forward with your right hand, while letting go the uphaul. X Sheet in with your left hand.

Do NOT reach for the boom with that right (front) hand; instead, bring the boom to you with the uphaul, THEN grasp it, THEN pull it across your face until you're looking over the bow through your window, THEN lay your back hand on the boom and THEN ...

This made a world of difference for me and, later, for the students I taught.

I agree. Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: