myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hatchery RV parking shaming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!

IMG_2103.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  441.9 KB
 Viewed:  14117 Time(s)

IMG_2103.JPG

Mulekick84

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how you do it on a busy day at Roosevelt. Idaho don't care how many parking spaces he takes! And, the rangers were issuing tickets to anyone parked on the road. Everything was parked out and this special dude gets 3 spots!

Roosevelt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.67 MB
 Viewed:  14061 Time(s)

Roosevelt.jpg

biffmalibu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try asking politely for him to adjust the position of his house? It would sound something like this: "Hello, I'm ____. Would you like to make a friend? Would you be so kind to adjust your parking so that I may park here in the lot? There are no more spots available, and I will get ticketed if I park on the road." Do this without threatening body language (putting your hands on hips IS threatening, for example). Perhaps make the request while in a small group of two or three (including perhaps at least one very attractive woman) to create a little peer pressure and so it's not mano y mano. "Nutting up" with a reasonable and polite proposal can sometimes bring results, but don't expect success. I just don't see a whole lot of this going on these days, and the propositions sound bossy (which usually will not work); nobody seems to have manners (or literacy) anymore in this country. Actual live human communication skills have gone down the drain for various reasons.

It's better to try than to not try and then feel bitter about it. I hate regret.

Also, I don't believe the "house" cares about being photographed and posted on the shaming forum. How about posting photos of the unreasonable Narcissists themselves instead?
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! Two alpha males suggesting one finds a new parking space? Where's Gandhi when we need him?

His trailer is so long he has to dodge the boulders to back it in. Everybody was giving it the WTF look all day. I'm hoping he sees the pic of his spread out shit and a light bulb goes off.

RIP
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to be an alpha male. All you have to do is have NUTS (ovaries count as nuts, in this case).

Maybe he knows it is selfish and provocative and is looking to pick a fight. If you have nuts, you have to be willing to raise your voice for an extended period when he declines. There is nothing wrong with this as long as there are no threats. I don't subscribe to Gandhi, by the way.

How about several strong men moving his trailer manually when he's out schlogging? I think the tongue weight of those trailers with dual axels is not much. You can claim that it is generally accepted SOP like it is at the Hatchery when somebody is parked in. Or just keep quiet and go windsurf.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
nobody seems to have manners anymore in this country. Actual live human communication skills have gone down the drain

I encountered one guy who demanded not only the three spaces his truck, camper, and PUBLIC picnic table occupied but another adjacent space just in case he needed it. He would not discuss the problem with me or anyone else despite overflow parking. A similar meathead began waving a shotgun and threatening to shoot a guy who simply asked him to leash his big dog that was running over people's gear. The Corps ranger simply talked to him, rather than calling the police. Some people are just asses.
hionwind@att.net

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been coming to the Gorge for years with a 29 foot motorhome. I've found that, if you get to the Hatchery early enough, there are plenty of spaces to park perpendicular to the road where I'm really not taking any more space than a large van or even some cars.

Furthermore, until recently, I would be with my wife and two kids who all sailed. Many of the other vehicles parked at the Hatch only have one passenger so, in many ways, I feel I'm making more efficient use of the space.

What this whole thread really comes down to is tolerance. There seems to be a lot of negativity towards RV's but many of those RV's house nice families including young windsurfers who we desperately need to sustain our sport.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hionwind wrote:
I've been coming to the Gorge for years with a 29 foot motorhome. I've found that, if you get to the Hatchery early enough, there are plenty of spaces to park perpendicular to the road where I'm really not taking any more space than a large van or even some cars.

Furthermore, until recently, I would be with my wife and two kids who all sailed. Many of the other vehicles parked at the Hatch only have one passenger so, in many ways, I feel I'm making more efficient use of the space.

What this whole thread really comes down to is tolerance. There seems to be a lot of negativity towards RV's but many of those RV's house nice families including young windsurfers who we desperately need to sustain our sport.

Stop being so reasonable. Can't you tell there is a whole regime of people looking to be pissed off at people like you and your bloated mode of transport?
johnl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thread reminds me a lot of a day at work back at UC Berkeley. We had a young liberal vandal. He felt that SUV's were evil and wasting too much gas. So he took it upon himself to go through all the parking lots and slashed ALL four tires of all the SUV's in the parking lot. Causing thousands of dollars of damage to all the employees and students. He felt he was right in doing it cause his "cause was just".

Kind of puts this anti RV thing into a simular perspective.....
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is more obnoxious ... a modest-sized MH full of sailors squeezed into one painted parking space, or the guy in a compact car in the same space declaring the space next to him -- the last space in the entire parking lot -- as his private rigging space? The latter almost got his sail parked on, and justice was served when he saw what the asphalt did to his newly minted monofilm sail. Sometimes karma prevails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: