myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The new Fascist America
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: The new Fascist America Reply with quote

Sadly, this photo tells it all. I'd like this thread to be about all the freedoms we have or will lose. This week in California MANDATORY VACINATIONS HAVE BECOME REALITY. There is a continued assault on religion. The 2nd amendment is under attack. And, our borders mean nothing.

I'd like to hear the liberal take on why our constitution no longer is appropriate. Happy 4th everyone.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does the Bible state: Jesus sayeth that the followers of the Lord shall not be vaccinated? Religious freedom is not a catch phrase to legitimize everything you disagree with. Heck, if that were the case, I would form a church with the religious philosophy that paying income tax is a violation of my interpretation of the Bible. You think I could avoid tax liability?

Oh and by the way:

Brown's decision Tuesday also aligns with the opinions of two-thirds of Californians, who believe children should not be allowed to attend public school unless they are vaccinated, according to a recent Public Policy Institute of California poll.

http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_28407108/gov-jerry-brown-signs-californias-new-vaccine-bill
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my take:

All kids should be vaccinated, but it should not be mandated.

Every skateboard, bike and motorcycle rider should wear a helmet, but it should not be mandated.

Every driver should wear a seat belt, but it should not be mandated.

Everyone should have insurance, but it should not be mandated.

If sick or injured when not vaccinated or wearing a helmet or seat belt, insurance will be voided and will not pay.

Off the wall? Sure, but just some points for discussion. It's about personal responsibility and the consequences for foolish behavior.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means we should return to the policies of 13 small states, flintlock rifles, and bleeding by leeches as the apex of medical science.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
By all means we should return to the policies of 13 small states, flintlock rifles, and bleeding by leeches as the apex of medical science

Geeeez, there just might be some middle ground between the extremes, not all that far from where we are now.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever happened to "We have the right to refuse service to anyone"?
That seems to be against the law now.
Should a baker be forced to bake a gay wedding cake if it goes against his/her beliefs? It's money out of the baker's pocket, so why the outrage?
Political correctness is taking our society into unintended dark places that in many cases outweighs the perceived benefits.
Open boarders, it's killing Europe, why? Political correctness.
I'll even go so far to say that in many cases "political correctness" is just a politically correct term for fascism.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, your photo is a ruse designed to raise the hackles of folks like you.

Regarding mandatory vaccinations, I'll bet you received all your Smallpox, Polio and whopping cough/diphtheria vaccinations as child just as I did. Stupid not to. Since then, vaccinations for measles, chicken pox and mumps have been developed to lessen the real threats these diseases can pose to individuals and the community as a whole. Would you get a tetanus shot if the doctor recommended it after an injury? Are you one of those folks that would put others at risk because you choose not to vaccinate your child?

Assault on religion? What a bunch of manufactured BS. Nobody is preventing you from attending the church of your choice to worship your god. Now, if you want use your religion as a foundation and a tool to publicly discriminate and impose it on others, I'm against that, and I know that I'm not alone in that belief. Freedom of religion, to include the freedom from religion, is our basic right as Americans. Moreover, I'm a firm believer that states rights crap can't be used to usurp the federal rights guaranteed by the Constitution, and that includes the right to a government at all levels to be free of religious nonsense.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Park rules have nothing to do with a fascist government. These rules exist for good reasons.Perhaps there were problems in the past due to drunkenness, fights, shootings, stabbings, loose animals biting people, gang related violence,and piles of trash and garbage left behind where inconsiderate campers once stayed, rules were voted for and enforced.

Like it says on the sign, they exist for public safety.

I remember the June 19th 1965 Weirs Beach riot. I was vacationing with friends on Lake Winnipesaukee at the time. Things got a little out of hand during motorcycle week that year.

Weird stuff does happen at State, Federal and municipal parks. I've seen some of it up close.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
Are you one of those folks that would put others at risk because you choose not to vaccinate your child?

Wouldn't the risk be for other children that didn't get vaccinated? Reap what you sow.

Rules come into being because some choose to do stupid or mindless things. Then, the masses that are responsible and could take a dog to the park, or have a beer or play Frisbee without a negative impact on other visitors get stuck with needless rules because of the actions of a few.

Much like some windsurfing bozo that comes too close to swimmers, and then the park suddenly has a NO windsurfing rule posted at your favorite sailing site.

I don't think that some dumb actions by a few should dictate prohibitive rules for all. Let the dumb/stupid/mindless folks suffer the consequences of their behavior and leave the rest of us alone.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word you were looking for was "border." People who take care in communication are more credible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: