myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Fix marker 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emcc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Which marker? Reply with quote

ERROR!!! wrote:
Marker 12 is preferable to M10 for readings, if you please.

I agree -
windsurferd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Marker 10,12,14 Reply with quote

Don't forget to look at the water!!! Sensors are good for letting us know when we should make the drive out to Sherman.
izitwindy?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the length of time M10 has now been down, why not just take the additional step to move it back to M12...There is a clear majority of the community that wants it that way...It would be cool to have both but ther is a cost associated to adding sensors and M10/M12 might be too close to warrant one at each location. For sure we want M12 back in the game!
richiesteele

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the dealio?
derekd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading zero now...I don't believe it.
jse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfskimd wrote:
if m10 which is a mile upwind from anywhere windsurfers can sail is 23, and m14

I sail to M10 all the time. In fact M8 and M7. The best swell on the river is just upwind of M10. I like that sensor!

Steve
airwave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with jse. I sail M10 and M8 all the time.

Sailing in front of M12 and the Park is just another way to take a windsurf beating. The water there is usually poor quality with lots of cross chop. If you are wishing for a new board but can't justify getting one just sail out in front of M12 and especially the Park. It will not take to long to delam the deck from the pounding you'll take. Justifying a new board will then be easy.

We need M10 back up and running where the water quality and wind quality is better.

Or, never mind. It's a bad idea to sail down at M10 or M8. Way to far from the launch. Sail at your own risk. The nearest town is Collinsville or Pittsburg.

I am told that the meter is still in place and spinning, just no reading from it.
hitech

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than debating M10 vs M12, how about getting M10 back on line. I think it has been down for a couple of weeks now. Any help would be appreciated by all.
windfind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Sherman Island repair update Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

I am not involved in sensor repair in any way but I have queried the main sensor repair team several times about the Sherman Island situation.

Basically we have wireless sensors on the 2 nav. aids. These communicate to base stations in a house on Sherman Island and then send the data to our servers. When the actual sensor on the nav. aid fails it takes time to arrange transportation, charter a boat and await for the right wind and tide. In this case it was the base station on shore that failed which is usually a fast repair.

However by coincidence both the owner of the house and the back up access person have been on vacation so we had no access to the base stations since the sensor failed. We are now shipping replacement base station units and they will be installed as soon we can get our sensor crew to Sherman Island from the east coast.

Currently the sensor crew is in Florida on a critical mission installing one of the 18" diameter 30 foot concrete poles that support our HurrNet (hurricane network) sensors that cover the eastern seaboard. As soon as they wrap up that job they will see to Sherman Island. See photos below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNAWR9Bc8sQ

http://www.weatherflow.com/coastal-weather-networks/custom-designed-mesonets/the-weatherflow-hurricane-network/

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com

ZZ2A8F79B9.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.94 KB
 Viewed:  14873 Time(s)

ZZ2A8F79B9.jpg

izitwindy?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Mike,

If your crew can do that!, then it should be fairly simple to get M10, M12 and M14 back up and running consistently. Been with Iwindsurf for 20+ years and can't ever recall the sensors being down this long during the peak of the season...

Please fix M10 AND M12....I say fix M12 because it used to work and was a valuable asset in determining conditions.

You will make everyone happy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: