myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where has the civility gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitevan01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% of people think the other 99% are not civil.
gronquist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulekick84 wrote:

I sail up to Swell, down to the basement, hit the waves from Cheap down to the point. Steal wave rides from any pro I see, especially Sean Aiken and Tyson Poor, and do my best not to land on any one. Oh, using the pro's as a jibe buoy is my favorite.!

-Agreed with your comment on Sean Aiken. His 'yellow banana' board is like a giant beacon of light at night, attracting all the bugs to fly circles, round and round him. Perfect target!
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, and he's so slow. Always looking for the perfect wave. I just slash any hump. I even ride Wyatt's leftovers and they're abused like a Pistol wave bash keg!
utbum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Within a 2-day span, 2 of us reasonably accomplished sailors got chewed out by the same sailor for falling down of all things (and not near Kodak point). We both thought we had seen that superior sailor that had never fallen but, in both cases, he went down the very next trip across. This shows the caliber of those doing the yelling. It seems like it is always the 1% that cause the problems and we blow it out of proportion. We are all pretty wired when we are sailing and tend to get angry in a split second. Still, all of the “incidents” I can think of happened at the Hatch. I go there now for the big sail days, when there is little crowding, and to mellow-attitude Rowena for the big wind days.
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read stuff the happier I am that I stay away from the hatch during the middle of summer. I can windsurf any site (except Ceilo) and enjoy myself..... 😎

Although I do wish I lived closer to Maryhill and it blew there more often........
philodog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tires slashed, cars broken into, assaults in the water, fist fights in the parking lot. Yes, definitely best to stay away from the Hatch.
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utbum wrote:
Within a 2-day span, 2 of us reasonably accomplished sailors got chewed out by the same sailor for falling down of all things (and not near Kodak point). We both thought we had seen that superior sailor that had never fallen but, in both cases, he went down the very next trip across. This shows the caliber of those doing the yelling. It seems like it is always the 1% that cause the problems and we blow it out of proportion. We are all pretty wired when we are sailing and tend to get angry in a split second. Still, all of the “incidents” I can think of happened at the Hatch. I go there now for the big sail days, when there is little crowding, and to mellow-attitude Rowena for the big wind days.

Reminds me of a day 2 summers ago. It was a moderate day (mid 4's sail). I went out of the cove for a lazy run. I came in after an hour plus and a woman on the beach couldn't believe my hair was still completely dry (this was a year I was protesting haircuts). I was having fun slashing and jibing on the swell and going for small jumps, nothing even remotely extreme.

My feeling is you should be capable of that (capable, poo still happens) or you should be sailing somewhere else. Yet that is an indication of the level of people sailing there.

Oh yeah, I'm not a dick, I smiled and thanked her for the complement. .... Cool
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, in October it's pretty civil at the Hatchery, of course by then
it's only me, Kate, Stuart, Jim, Ken, maybe Guy, and Mike if he hasn't bolted for Maui.

;*)

-Craig
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philodog wrote:
Tires slashed, cars broken into, assaults in the water, fist fights in the parking lot. Yes, definitely best to stay away from the Hatch.

Gee I always thought windsurfers were a more civilized bunch. This kind of stuff reminds me of SoCal surfing in the early '70s.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's OK -- I won't get my tires slashed -- if I park my MoHo there in Oct? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: