myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where has the civility gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars, is that you?
hoodvista

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not falling, you're not trying.

"I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordon

johnl wrote:
"I said you SHOULD be capable of making all your jibes before most people will consider you "advanced"
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

I get what you're saying. They're just yanking your chain. I have too much respect for the venue and skill level displayed at the hatch to screw with it. I'm totally content and almost prefer to sail out of Swell. I had a day at Rufus years ago where I was out of my element given the conditions. Once I realized I was more of a menace to what was going on around me I was happy to remove myself from the mix.
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
John

I get what you're saying. They're just yanking your chain. I have too much respect for the venue and skill level displayed at the hatch to screw with it. I'm totally content and almost prefer to sail out of Swell.

Thanks, I've given up on HV. He is the only one bent about what I said. I guess that must be one tight fitting shoe.....

And CGWA thanks you for sailing at swell... Cool
CUSalin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Biff,

Still say, "Same as it ever was..." and this is more entertaining than this topic Laughing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98AJUj-qxHI

It's peak season in one of the best places to windsurf in The World and everyone wants to sail at The Hatch! Get over it, sail up or downwind of The Gilligans, (remember you were one once) or go somewhere else.

Let's start a new string and complain about Kiters at The Hatch! Now there's a real problem!

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoodvista wrote:
If you're not falling, you're not trying ...

... or learning/ progressing. It may be fun making solid jibes for an hour or crossing the river dry twice in a row, but I learn squat from it. My WSing gear is for thrills and challenge, not transportation.
surfersteve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of at least 3 dozen people who could safely buzz me while I am in the water. I would most likely laugh and yell to them as they exited. I am happy to return the favor when it is safe to do so.
jse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
hoodvista wrote:
John, do you have such an inflated ego that you think she watched you during your entire "hour plus" session to know that you didn't try anything "remotely extreme." More likely, she assumed you actually tried to progress and attempted a few moves out of your comfort zone, in which case missing a few jibes would be completely expected no matter how advanced you are.

johnl wrote:

I went out of the cove for a lazy run. I came in after an hour plus and a woman on the beach couldn't believe my hair was still completely dry (this was a year I was protesting haircuts). I was having fun slashing and jibing on the swell and going for small jumps, nothing even remotely extreme.

Wow. Were your other 9 posts of the same quality? Or do you just love insulting people that you don't even know.....

But since you still don't get it I'll spell it out more clearly. I didn't say ANYTHING about progressing or not progressing. I didn't say ANYTHING about attempting something new. And I didn't say ANYTHING about having a bad session. I DID say that you should be able to make your jibes consistently before sailing the hatch. Is that too confusing? And it has NOTHING to do with the ego I may or may not have. It has EVERYTHING to being considerate for people sailing an advance site with advanced skills as others have mentioned.

Ha Ha. You forgot to mention the part about you didn't say ANYTHING about her watching your entire "hour plus" session either. Heck, I sailed Treasure Island once, dry hair from launch to landing, including a backwind tack session up to the boat ramp. You bet I was proud!

Steve
hoodvista

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John said the woman should not have been surprised to see his dry hair because throughout his hour+ session all he did was "slashing and jibing on the swell and going for small jumps, nothing even remotely extreme." How was she supposed to know he did nothing "extreme" unless she watched his whole session?

jse wrote:
You forgot to mention the part about you didn't say ANYTHING about her watching your entire "hour plus" session either.
Steve
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoodvista wrote:
John said the woman should not have been surprised to see his dry hair because throughout his hour+ session all he did was "slashing and jibing on the swell and going for small jumps, nothing even remotely extreme." How was she supposed to know he did nothing "extreme" unless she watched his whole session?

jse wrote:
You forgot to mention the part about you didn't say ANYTHING about her watching your entire "hour plus" session either.
Steve

Wow your reading skills suck. I see why you lurked for 10 years.

I suggest you reread my post word for word, don't paraphrase or make inferences to what you want to think it says. Just read what I said. You seem to be the only one who can't understand my post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: