myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rowena's Dead Grass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfersteve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood,
My post was written to illustrate the point that a little too much dirt on a windy day should be the least of anyone's worries. Some consider no wind and/or large numbers of migrating salmon dying bigger problems. Some even feel lack of clean water for humans anywhere is a concern. I respect those who don't care about such things. The "grass" is nice, but I drive to Rowena to sail. I rig up, sail, derig, and go home.
The state of Oregon has lots of problems which as a taxpayer deserve more time than grass at Rowena State Park (with all due respect to Mike). Specifically the poor education, public services, and better healthcare to name a few.
I am glad your mother recommended a healthy diet to you. She sounds nice. I am also glad some people have it so good that the grass at Rowena is the biggest challenge they face.
westender

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some carpet scraps if your gear is so special it can't get dirty. I've said on here I wash my sails and people wondered why. Shocked
hoodvista

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Cow! You guys need to chill out a bit. First one guy is telling me I've got to make 100% of my jibes or else I'm not welcome at his beach and now you're telling me I've got to get bummed out about dying salmon, public education, and government healthcare before I deserve to enjoy a simple windsurfing session. Isobars was right, this is a tough sport.

surfersteve wrote:
Hood,
My post was written to illustrate the point that a little too much dirt on a windy day should be the least of anyone's worries. Some consider no wind and/or large numbers of migrating salmon dying bigger problems. Some even feel lack of clean water for humans anywhere is a concern. I respect those who don't care about such things. The "grass" is nice, but I drive to Rowena to sail. I rig up, sail, derig, and go home.
The state of Oregon has lots of problems which as a taxpayer deserve more time than grass at Rowena State Park (with all due respect to Mike). Specifically the poor education, public services, and better healthcare to name a few.
I am glad your mother recommended a healthy diet to you. She sounds nice. I am also glad some people have it so good that the grass at Rowena is the biggest challenge they face.
johnl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoodvista wrote:
Holy Cow! You guys need to chill out a bit. First one guy is telling me I've got to make 100% of my jibes or else I'm not welcome at his beach and now you're telling me I've got to get bummed out about dying salmon, public education, and government healthcare before I deserve to enjoy a simple windsurfing session. Isobars was right, this is a tough sport.

surfersteve wrote:
Hood,

Maybe it is you who need to chill. Or maybe realize windsurfing in the gorge isn't all about you. Just saying......
CUSalin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dudes,

If you want to talk about global warming, drought, dead fish, poverty, and such... write your congressman or the f**cking New York Times!

This post was about the grass at Rowena..., AND I WANT MY GRASS BACK!

CUSalin' (and rigging in the dirt) Smile

Mulekick84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to no grass at Rowena, there is no WIFI. Is this a state park in America or a Russian Gulag?
surfersteve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mike. I realize grass would be nice and as your friend I sympathize with your frustrations. You may have inadvertently made my point - if you (anyone) wants to write to someone who supposedly can do something, do it to solve a real problem. Dirt isn't a problem.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting funny.. Can one of you disgruntled Gorge locals start a thread about the rules of the road at Swell City...I think it would fill up at least 10 pages.
TBird

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whining about the lack of lush green grass and functioning sprinkler systems during a horrible drought is sort of like complaining that the campfire rings are in lousy shape while the forest burns down. Not only is it short-sighted and kind of lame, it's a moot point anyway. Gov. Brown has issued an executive order directing state agencies to “curtail or end the nonessential use of water for landscaping … including but not limited to lawn watering." Yay, wisdom! If rigging in lovely green grass is important to your windsurfing experience, why are you driving EAST to sail in the DESERT, anyway?
CUSalin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKay you Boneheaded Windsurfers.... get this... drought has nothing to do with not watering the grass at Rowena. There is a well there with plenty of water in it and it doesn't serve any other purpose than to water the f**king grass!

Not watering the grass t Rowena does not re-route water to an
anybody, or any fish, or anywhere. It's just sitting there gathering bacteria.

So if you don't want grass at Rowena STFU. I want my GRASS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: