myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1106, 1107, 1108 ... 1351, 1352, 1353  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apples net margins for phones is 4X Samsung.... that's being crushed.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate Apple ....samsung note 10....best phone on the planet

My two kids and wife have apple and all they do is get them fixed..and everything is proprietary with them....Android rules..lol
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Clearly the San Fransisco and mountain press must have missed this from Mondays' WSJ...........

From the New York Times

Quote:
DIMONDALE, Mich. — In August 2016, Donald J. Trump was full of promises when he spoke to a packed crowd at the Summit Sports and Ice Complex here. Predicting that he would carry Michigan, a state that had not voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 1988, Mr. Trump said his would be “a victory for the wage-earner, the factory worker, a victory for the everyday citizen.”

That pledge and his promise to bring back the industrial jobs were major reasons Mr. Trump carried Dimondale and the rest of Eaton County, an area heavily dependent on the automotive industry that voted for Barack Obama in 2012, and went on to carry Michigan in an upset crucial to his election.

But nothing has reversed the decline of the county’s manufacturing base. From January 2017 to December 2018, it lost nearly 9 percent of its manufacturing jobs, and 17 other counties in Michigan that Mr. Trump carried have experienced similar losses, according to a newly updated analysis of employment data by the Brookings Institution.

“To the extent that economic realities have the power to alter voting behavior, the trends are pointing in one direction in Michigan in a lot of these counties,” said Mark Muro, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution who directed the analysis.

And that makes it most likely that Michigan, which the president won by only 10,704 votes, could be a place where his expansive promises will come back to haunt him in 2020.

More troubling for Mr. Trump, some of the same forces are at work in the two other states that were critical to his Electoral College victory — Wisconsin, where 10 counties that he won in 2016 lost manufacturing jobs, and Pennsylvania, where eight counties that he carried faced manufacturing job losses.

All three states experienced an overall growth in manufacturing jobs during the period surveyed by Brookings, but the rates have begun to slow, especially in Michigan.

“Michigan is likely a forerunner,” Mr. Muro said. “I could imagine Pennsylvania and Wisconsin turning negative or losing growth momentum the rest of the year.” While Michigan’s economy is more dependent on the big automakers, all three states have economies with roots in factory work, particularly in smaller towns and rural areas that have been steadily losing ground because of automation and globalization.

The metrics are that a global economy and automation are continuing to change the manufacturing sector of the economy. This is especially apparent in the industrial mid-west. True there is a spike in manufacturing jobs recently.

But, tell me Mrgybe. Are you investing, heavily, in Ford and GM right now? How about coal mining companies? Didn't Trump promise those jobs would come back bigly?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And US Steel.... One of Trump's big photo-ops in early 2018, which can't idle plants fast enough. That's why I referenced the new phase 1 deal, it buys many of those votes back... But not in Western Pennsylvania..
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
And US Steel.... One of Trump's big photo-ops in early 2018, which can't idle plants fast enough. That's why I referenced the new phase 1 deal, it buys many of those votes back... But not in Western Pennsylvania..

Boggs prefers the obama China deal.........I think it was called Status Quo
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

So tell us in detail what the Trump China deal does, and doesn’t accomplish. And what it costs whom. I’ll wait.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I’m just reporting the facts , I’m not a fan of political pandering which will cost US Steel dearly and many other businesses once the Government assistance rolls off ..
Matty , I prefer free markets , I do not support massive Government intrusion ..
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I’m just reporting the facts , I’m not a fan of political pandering which will cost US Steel dearly and many other businesses once the Government assistance rolls off ..
Matty , I prefer free markets , I do not support massive Government intrusion ..
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting. Matty will parrot a Trump tweet. He will understand nothing.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Still waiting. Matty will parrot a Trump tweet. He will understand nothing.

Poor old Mac the unhinged liberal retard, just can't accept the fact that Trump is getting things done....Just wait for his second term....lol loser!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-surrenders-to-reality-in-the-trade-dispute-11579133428
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1106, 1107, 1108 ... 1351, 1352, 1353  Next
Page 1107 of 1353

Jump to: