myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1260, 1261, 1262 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on Trump's prior statements, one would think he has not signed any executive orders. Ya think!? Just more Trump bullshit.

Feb. 19, 2016: “Obama goes around signing executive orders. He can't even get along with the Democrats. He goes around signing all these executive orders. It's a basic disaster. You can't do it.”

Jan. 26, 2016: “We have a president that can't get anything done so he just keeps signing executive orders all over the place.”

Jan. 26, 2016: “I hate what Obama does with gun legislation. He doesn't talk to anybody. He goes out and signs executive orders. In theory you're supposed to the old fashioned way, get everybody into a room and get something people agree on.”

Dec. 12, 2015: “I don't think [Obama] even tries anymore. I think he just signs executive actions.”

Nov. 10, 2015: “Nobody wants to listen to [Obama], including the Democrats, so he just goes around signing executive orders.”

AD
July 10, 2012:

Why is @BarackObama constantly issuing executive orders that are major power grabs of authority? This is the latest
http://t.co/4IVBckTE

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 10, 2012

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/04/25/six-times-trump-said-executive-orders-were-bad-before-he-decided-they-were-actually-good/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
Here we go...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1288818160389558273?s=20

But I do have one question: If it's OK to reopen schools, why is it unsafe to vote in person?

Trump's John McCain moment. In October 2008, Mac suggested suspending both campaigns to deal with the financial crisis.. The implication that the world's only superpower couldn't walk and chew gum simultaneously went over like a fart in church. Weak men act really weak when pinned against the wall..
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I trained Trump’s shock troops. Their actions in Portland are unconstitutional
By Christopher J. Duncan July 30, 2020

I spent 16 years in the Department of Homeland Security as an attorney with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, including a detail as a federal prosecutor at the Department of Justice. I handled a wide variety of cases in addition to training agency officers and agents on what they could and could not do.

What federal agents are being ordered to do in Portland, Ore., is unconstitutional.

I joined the department following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks as a young lawyer living and working near the Pentagon. Like many others who felt a deep sense of patriotism and duty after witnessing those attacks on our country, I wanted to be of service and defend my fellow citizens and the Constitution. That’s why it’s so troubling for me now to see the agents I worked with being ordered to do the very things I trained them not to do.

In mid-July 2020, President Trump ordered the Department of Homeland Security to deploy federal agents to Portland. The reason for the order was ostensibly to protect federal buildings, but unidentified federal agents in camouflage fatigues were videotaped arresting people on the street, placing them in unmarked vehicles and taking them into custody. The U.S Border Patrol Tactical Unit, an elite special operations force that I once trained, was reportedly involved in these enforcement actions.

The tactical unit is a rapid-response team equipped to handle high-risk incidents requiring advanced weapons skills and specialized surveillance techniques. On several occasions, I was assigned to train the unit on the limits of its authority when deployed to events, like the Super Bowl, that are possible targets for terrorism. It may come as a surprise to many that, while Border Patrol agents and other uniformed officers have broad authority under customs and immigration laws to make arrests for federal crimes, they do not inherently have state law enforcement authority.

During our training sessions, we routinely advised agents that they are not permitted to make arrests for state crimes, such as criminal mischief, disorderly conduct or trespass. Rather, to enforce these laws, they would need to be granted peace officer status under a state statute or otherwise be authorized by state authorities to enforce state law. Oregon, like many other states, requires federal officers to complete a certified training course before they are authorized to enforce state law. Given completion of such state training courses was not typically feasible, our advice to tactical unit agents was to defer to state and local law enforcement officers to handle such situations.

Oregon, hundreds of miles away from a land border, does not have a permanent Border Patrol presence. Oregon government officials have made it clear they did not request the assistance of federal authorities and do not condone their activities. In addition, tactical unit agents almost certainly did not complete Oregon state law enforcement training in the short time between their arrival from their home Border Patrol sectors elsewhere in the country and when these events transpired. As a result, the agents deployed to Portland were not authorized to use force against or arrest U.S. citizens in the street for state crimes. These enforcement actions against the people of Portland violate these citizens’ Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable search and seizure.

This is not about politics, it’s about the rule of law.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let’s just cancel elections, I’ll take care of things.
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The co-founder of the conservative Federalist Society said Thursday in a blistering New York Times op-ed that President Donald Trump's tweet musing about a delay to November's presidential election is grounds for impeachment.

Steven Calabresi, a Northwestern University law professor who has offered broad defenses of the President in recent years, wrote, "I am frankly appalled by the president's recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist."
"But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/politics/federalist-society-trump-election-mail-in-voting/index.html

Real Americans are antifa and Trump is a facist.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're back to enemies lists.

Quote:
By
Shane Harris
July 30, 2020 at 7:57 p.m. PDT
The Department of Homeland Security has compiled “intelligence reports” about the work of American journalists covering protests in Portland, Ore., in what current and former officials called an alarming use of a government system meant to share information about suspected terrorists and violent actors.

Over the past week, the department’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis has disseminated three Open Source Intelligence Reports to federal law enforcement agencies and others, summarizing tweets written by two journalists — a reporter for the New York Times and the editor in chief of the blog Lawfare — and noting they had published leaked, unclassified documents about DHS operations in Portland. The intelligence reports, obtained by The Washington Post, include written descriptions and images of the tweets and the number of times they had been liked or retweeted by others.

Proudly anti-fascist.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Let’s just cancel elections, I’ll take care of things.
Like you do here? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invoke the 25th Amendment Section 4!
jp5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 more years!
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
4 more years!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Nice assman..telling more than half the country to fuck off. Not quite the ideals that were instilled in me as a grade school student in the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1260, 1261, 1262 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next
Page 1261 of 1354

Jump to: