myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1263, 1264, 1265 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great dealmaker has made a big mistake by trying to ban TikTok and WeChat.
TikTok may just piss off a lot of kids and likely can get a deal with Microsoft.
WeChat is how millions of people spend their cash at American companies in China like Starbucks, Mickie D's, KFC etc. If transactions are banned then some big bucks will not be spent at these institutions.
No WeChat in the Apple store means no new Apple phones in China.
They need to think this through!
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fun to take a step back in time every once in awhile, for some historical perspective.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2008 CNN report says Wasserman Schultz worried about 'signature fraud' from mail-in ballots
May 28, 2020 06:57 PM
A CNN report from 2008 shows former DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz calling mail-in ballots a “risky” idea and that she is concerned about possible fraud.

"Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz argues a mail-in ballot has wrong written all over it,” a CNN report said in 2008 before showing a clip of a speech from Wasserman Schultz in which she called the process a “risky experiment.”

"It’d be a risky experiment for us with an election that has stakes as high as a presidential election. We’ve never done a mail-in ballot statewide,” Wasserman Schultz added.

The report then says, "Wasserman Schultz is worried about signature fraud, disenfranchising college students, getting addresses wrong, and having private donors instead of states footing the bill.”

“There’s a way to solve this without totally redoing this and causing more chaos,” Wasserman Schultz said regarding the idea of implementing more mail-in ballots.

This past April, Wasserman Schultz pushed for the expansion of mail-in voting, arguing that it’s too dangerous for people to go to polling places during the coronavirus outbreak.

A month earlier, Wasserman Schultz herself voted at a polling place in a Florida election and told everyone it was safe to do so despite the fact the coronavirus was already causing devastation across the world and the first case in the United States had been confirmed.

“I am comfortable being out here, casting my vote early and really want to encourage folks that if they are comfortable, they can have that confidence too,” she said at the time.

Democrats across the country have been pushing for mail-in voting, citing coronavirus fears over President Trump's objections that voter fraud and millions of missing mail-in ballots make the system ripe for abuse.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2008-cnn-report-says-wasserman-schultz-worried-about-signature-fraud-from-mail-in-ballots?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It brings back to mind, "never let a crisis go to waste" ~ Rahm Emanuel
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
It's fun to take a step back in time every once in awhile, for some historical perspective.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2008 CNN report says Wasserman Schultz worried about 'signature fraud' from mail-in ballots
May 28, 2020 06:57 PM
A CNN report from 2008 shows former DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz calling mail-in ballots a “risky” idea and that she is concerned about possible fraud.

"Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz argues a mail-in ballot has wrong written all over it,” a CNN report said in 2008 before showing a clip of a speech from Wasserman Schultz in which she called the process a “risky experiment.”

"It’d be a risky experiment for us with an election that has stakes as high as a presidential election. We’ve never done a mail-in ballot statewide,” Wasserman Schultz added.

The report then says, "Wasserman Schultz is worried about signature fraud, disenfranchising college students, getting addresses wrong, and having private donors instead of states footing the bill.”

“There’s a way to solve this without totally redoing this and causing more chaos,” Wasserman Schultz said regarding the idea of implementing more mail-in ballots.

This past April, Wasserman Schultz pushed for the expansion of mail-in voting, arguing that it’s too dangerous for people to go to polling places during the coronavirus outbreak.

A month earlier, Wasserman Schultz herself voted at a polling place in a Florida election and told everyone it was safe to do so despite the fact the coronavirus was already causing devastation across the world and the first case in the United States had been confirmed.

“I am comfortable being out here, casting my vote early and really want to encourage folks that if they are comfortable, they can have that confidence too,” she said at the time.

Democrats across the country have been pushing for mail-in voting, citing coronavirus fears over President Trump's objections that voter fraud and millions of missing mail-in ballots make the system ripe for abuse.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2008-cnn-report-says-wasserman-schultz-worried-about-signature-fraud-from-mail-in-ballots?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It brings back to mind, "never let a crisis go to waste" ~ Rahm Emanuel

Yeah, and twelve years ago the Republican Party actually had some scruples!!!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really ? You’re using Debbie Wasserman Schultz to argue a point? That’s game set , and match .. Nice try ..
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So desperate for attention he holds a press briefing/campaign rally at his country club in New Jersey complete with regurgitated lies, falsehoods, and oh yes fake news.
SAD!!!
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some still can't see the corruption that has ensued as the GOP has become the party of Trump. He is not merely a boor, but a deeply corrupt man. She gets it.

Quote:
August 7, 2020 at 1:52 p.m. PDT
Beth Fukumoto served three terms in the Hawaii House of Representatives and is a fellow at Harvard Kennedy School’s Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation.

I rehearsed the words over and over from the back of the black sedan, hired to take me from my red-eye flight to an event at the Republican National Committee headquarters: “We are committed to electing candidates who reflect the full diversity of our nation.”

It was June 2013. I had come from my home state to D.C., to do one job — announce a $6 million investment from the Republican Party to support candidates of color and women running at the state level.

This initiative was one of many meant to change the course of the GOP following its defeat in the 2012 presidential campaign and the subsequent release of its what-went-wrong report, known as the “Growth and Opportunity Project.”

Without a more inclusive message, better representation, less ideological rigidity, and compassionate immigration and economic policies, the report warned, Republicans would continue to lose national elections. It described a party I wanted to help build.

Over the next year, I recruited people to a party that promised diversity, dialogue and the chance to reimagine its foundation. I wanted a government that would be responsible with its power and judicious in its interventions, a leveler when our systems became unbalanced.

Instead, that party nominated a president who sends federal forces to tame American cities yet refuses to use the power of his office to coordinate an effective response to the novel coronavirus.

There are only so many ways to say, “I was wrong.” I’ve exhausted them all.

As the Republican leader in the Hawaii House, I made compromises that I regret. I spoke out when our presidential candidate said he might have supported Japanese American internment, but I couldn’t find the courage to question the implementation of voter identification laws that I should have understood weren’t designed to protect voters.

I made decisions out of political expediency, or hubris, or naivete. Republicans offered an inclusive vision of “Growth and Opportunity” for all; then we elected a man that didn’t even bother to fake it. I couldn’t make it right. I declined to endorse him and criticized his policies. Then, when he won, I continued to disagree with him in public, and my Republican colleagues said they would strip me of my leadership position unless I promised to stop speaking against him. So, I resigned from the party. A few months later, I joined the Democratic Party.

I drew my red line too late. I’ll answer for my choices publicly and privately for years to come. But admitting your mistakes is one of the best ways to keep from repeating them.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Really ? You’re using Debbie Wasserman Schultz to argue a point? That’s game set , and match .. Nice try ..
It's nice to know that at least one liberal here thinks her brains are on fire, but she can be like a broken clock, you know the old saying.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlZg-dObruo&list=RDJlZg-dObruo&start_radio=1

Features one of the original singers.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
It's nice to know that at least one liberal here thinks her brains are on fire, but she can be like a broken clock, you know the old saying.

You ain't even right twice a day.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A screen grab photo, not a mock-up.
"#keep us closed"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1263, 1264, 1265 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next
Page 1264 of 1354

Jump to: