myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 682, 683, 684 ... 812, 813, 814  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 11144
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Mac said:
Quote:
Are you saying the Bush e-mails were recovered? Do you have a source?

We have been through this before and I posted the facts. Your memory seems short when you are proven wrong.

or

from CNN in 2009:
Quote:
Washington (CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

The e-mails date from 2003 to 2005, and had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, a research group based at George Washington University. But Melanie Sloan, executive director of the liberal-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said it could be years before most of the e-mails are made public.


For the uninformed in baja: From Fact Check:
Quote:
The FBI’s summary of its investigation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton contradicted some of her past statements about her use of a private email system for government business:

The Clinton campaign previously had indicated that her personal emails were deleted before Clinton received a congressional subpoena on March 4, 2015. But the FBI said her emails were deleted “between March 25-31, 2015” — three weeks after the subpoena. The campaign now says it only learned when the emails were deleted from the FBI report.


Well, no. Snopes fact check indicates that as many as 50 Bush staffers may have violated the Presidential Records Act, and we don’t know how many of the 22 million e-mails they improperly deleted were recovered. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/g-w-bush-lost-22-million-e-mails/

Trump appears to be destroying records even faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 9007
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Mac said:
Quote:
Are you saying the Bush e-mails were recovered? Do you have a source?

We have been through this before and I posted the facts. Your memory seems short when you are proven wrong.

or

from CNN in 2009:
Quote:
Washington (CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

The e-mails date from 2003 to 2005, and had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, a research group based at George Washington University. But Melanie Sloan, executive director of the liberal-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said it could be years before most of the e-mails are made public.


For the uninformed in baja: From Fact Check:
Quote:
The FBI’s summary of its investigation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton contradicted some of her past statements about her use of a private email system for government business:

The Clinton campaign previously had indicated that her personal emails were deleted before Clinton received a congressional subpoena on March 4, 2015. But the FBI said her emails were deleted “between March 25-31, 2015” — three weeks after the subpoena. The campaign now says it only learned when the emails were deleted from the FBI report.


nope was talking about the government request for record keeping... the government does not have the right to your own personal emails on your personal server moron.... from your fact-check here is more...

again the government has no right to know of her daughter's wedding plans and so on. Ya right wingers want to know all that stuff to harm.

The Benghazi has no right to her personal emails either, they do have the right to anything with Benganzi talk. Which was given to them.. again they have never found an email that she sent or received from anyone else about Benghazi again there was another at least one party to every single email.

and not one person has ever found one single email that was not accounted for that was work-related. again that is 30k to the 10th power. you idiot... low-level thinker.

Dems are not willing to go to jail for Hillary or any democrat as a rule vs the exception to it. only the right wing profess this loyaly as a norm vs exception , like Nixon and trump. You just have to look at the convictions of top right wingers vs dems in office Democrats do not hold such blind loyalty to democrats of any level. We are not cult-like in your love of racists and such going out with your burning crosses in terrorist events.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/09/the-fbi-files-on-clintons-emails/

One of the mysteries that the FBI has now cleared up is when Clinton’s emails that were deemed personal were deleted and how it was done.

Clinton’s office disclosed on March 10, 2015, that she gave the State Department 30,490 work-related emails on Dec. 5, 2014, and “chose not to keep” 31,830 emails she deemed “personal.”

“We went through a thorough process to identify all of my work-related emails and deliver them to the State Department,” Clinton said at a press conference that day. “At the end, I chose not to keep my private personal emails.”

It was widely reported at the time that Clinton deleted her personal, private emails. The New York Times, which broke the story of her unusual email arrangement on March 2, 2015, wrote this lead on its press conference story.

New York Times, March 10, 2015: Hillary Rodham Clinton revealed on Tuesday that she had deleted about half her emails from her years as secretary of state, saying she had turned over to the Obama administration all correspondence about government business but had erased records of communications about private matters, like yoga routines, her daughter’s wedding and her mother’s funeral.

But the campaign did not disclose exactly when the personal emails were deleted — which became an issue after Clinton had received a subpoena on March 4, 2015, from the House Select Committee on Benghazi. The committee was seeking emails related to its investigation into the Sept. 11, 2012, deadly attack on the U.S. facilities in Libya.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3132

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Baja's post:
Quote:
“We went through a thorough process to identify all of my work-related emails and deliver them to the State Department,” Clinton said at a press conference that day. “At the end, I chose not to keep my private personal emails.”

Fine for all those that believe that she could be trusted to save ALL of the non personal emails. But no way to check after she deleted the 30,000 emails. Just a few of us don't believe or trust her as the election indicated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 11144
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She actually had a lawyer and a firm making that call. Under the records keeping laws, you need to keep only those e-mails that are ordinarily kept as government records. So e-mails setting up meetings are not kept. And so forth. Thus an attorney can delete the e-mails, and keep only a record of why deleted. According to the link Baja posted, that seems to be what occurred.

Think for a minute instead of hate. Only 30,000 e-mails are at issue. On the other hand, the Bush administration “lost” 22 million. Pretty clearly, Clinton didn’t do that much of her business by e-mail. She is a lawyer, and knows that doing business by e-mail creates a “government record”, but having conversations on a secure phone that she carried with her on her constant travels (and tRump doesn’t bother with) does not create that record.

You went right by the rebuttals to your two claims. Diversion?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 4780

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
She actually had a lawyer and a firm making that call. Under the records keeping laws, you need to keep only those e-mails that are ordinarily kept as government records. So e-mails setting up meetings are not kept. And so forth. Thus an attorney can delete the e-mails, and keep only a record of why deleted. According to the link Baja posted, that seems to be what occurred.

Think for a minute instead of hate. Only 30,000 e-mails are at issue. On the other hand, the Bush administration “lost” 22 million. Pretty clearly, Clinton didn’t do that much of her business by e-mail. She is a lawyer, and knows that doing business by e-mail creates a “government record”, but having conversations on a secure phone that she carried with her on her constant travels (and tRump doesn’t bother with) does not create that record.

You went right by the rebuttals to your two claims. Diversion?



Quit while you are behind, you're making a fool of yourself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wsurfer



Joined: 17 Aug 2000
Posts: 690

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Goldman Sachs says economy's growing at 4%!

PS. I put up pictures for the slow learners.


Wrong again...they predicted it will grow to 4% in 2018 back in 2017...but then again they didn't take into account trade wars!

That's global growth they are talking about!

Maybe I need to post a picture for you?


Best economy in decades, now go back to your cubicle and STFU.


I have not worked in a cubicle in 32 years but it was always nice to know when I was in a cubicle that there was a horses ass with a big office (like you claim) that I was about to knock off his ass.

Best economy in decades started long before The Donald. He is about to destroy it with trade wars. The Chinese own $1.1 Trillion in our debt. What do you think they will do with that if you really piss them off.

Get a grip!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3132

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush's deleted/lost emails are available, it's just a matter of funding to restore and search through 22 million of them. Hillary's are gone forever.

From mac's fact check post:
Quote:
To put it more accurately, a large number (it’s unclear exactly how many) of the messages were recovered from backup storage systems by technicians as a result of a deal struck between the federal government and two nonprofit groups that sued for release of the e-mails via the Freedom of Information Act. It may be impossible, ultimately, to restore all of the deleted e-mails due to funding limitations, and to date none of the recovered messages has been made public because they’re still under review, but the fact remains that not all of them were permanently lost.


This whole email issue started because Hillary used her personal server for ALL of her government and personal business. I suspect that that was a choice so that she could maintain control of what eventually would become public record. The other government officials that also used personal email (not their own server) for government business should also be held accountable, but at least they did have and uses government email for most of their correspondance (speculation since I have seen nothing to contridict this). Hillary made no effort to establish and use a .gov email.

I would speculate that EVERY government official that has a .gov address has as some time used personal email for something that could be considered government business.


Last edited by techno900 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3132

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by techno900 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 9007
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Bush's deleted/lost emails are available, it's just a matter of funding to restore and search through 22 million of them. Hillary's are gone forever.

From mac's fact check post:
Quote:
To put it more accurately, a large number (it’s unclear exactly how many) of the messages were recovered from backup storage systems by technicians as a result of a deal struck between the federal government and two nonprofit groups that sued for release of the e-mails via the Freedom of Information Act. It may be impossible, ultimately, to restore all of the deleted e-mails due to funding limitations, and to date none of the recovered messages has been made public because they’re still under review, but the fact remains that not all of them were permanently lost.


This whole email issue started because Hillary used her personal server for ALL of her government and personal business. I suspect that that was a choice so that she could maintain control of what eventually would become public record. The other government officials that also used personal email (not their own server) for government business should also be held accountable, but at least they did have and uses government email for most of their correspondance (speculation since I have seen nothing to contridict this). Hillary made no effort to establish and use a .gov email.

I would speculate that EVERY government official that has a .gov address has as some time used personal email for someting that could be considered government business.


again Gen Powel a former head of intelligence used a personal email account... daaaaaaa

Hillary did turn over her work-related emails as required by law. The Bush administration still has not turned over theirs as required by law. Her server was safer the state department one was hacked and all information that was top secret was released on at least one occasion. Her server was safer and never hacked, as trump asked the russians to illegally get that information to the public domain, which they did as best as they could for the at the request of Trump the traitor.

and here was the finding... again trump is saying one year is enough for his treason investigation where it has been found he has directly lied and has most of his officials about russian contacts. Not one person with Hillary has been charged or recommended to be charged in the what is it 6 years of the investigation os a low level issue not dealing with treason and collusion with our greatest threat to democracy.

Note this investigation did not go after the leakers at the NY FBI office they completely did not even address that issue that they were leaking to Rudy. This we need a proper assessment because there is obviously a deep cover-up by the present administration.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Quote:
We concluded that Comey’s unilateral announcement
was inconsistent with Department policy and violated
long-standing Department practice and protocol by,
among other things, criticizing Clinton’s uncharged
conduct. We also found that Comey usurped the
authority of the Attorney General, and inadequately and
incompletely described the legal position of Department
prosecutors

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wsurfer



Joined: 17 Aug 2000
Posts: 690

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will make a deal, all the money I save from no war games in Korea I will use to fund detention centers that keep "illegal" immigrant families together...nah, that would be too easy.

Let's just vilify them all and forget it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 682, 683, 684 ... 812, 813, 814  Next
Page 683 of 814

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group