myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 813, 814, 815 ... 1351, 1352, 1353  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
Votes are still being counted in several House races. But the AP has called another race in California, projecting Democrat Josh Harder the winner in the Modesto-area 10th Congressional District over incumbent Republican Jeff Denham.

That means, more than a week after Election Day, Democrats have increased their House gains to a net of 33 seats – and, when all the vote is counted, they may get to 39.

Make no mistake: That is a very big wave.

How big? It's the most House seats gained by Democrats since the wave election following Watergate. Nixon resigned in August of 1974, leading to Democrats' pick up of 48 seats that fall.

So what's left to be counted? In addition to the recounts for statewide offices in Florida and outstanding vote in the Georgia governor's race, there are still nine House races to be called. Of those, Democrats very well may win six:

CA-39 Republican Young Kim leads in this open-seat race, but the margin is shrinking and down to about 700 votes, with Democrat Gil Cisneros gaining. There are many votes left to be counted in this district, which includes parts of Orange and Los Angeles counties. As of Tuesday afternoon, there were more than 261,000 votes left to be counted in Orange and 688,000 left in Los Angeles County.
CHART: Election Recounts Are Rare, Reversals Almost Unheard Of
POLITICS
CA-45 Democrat Katie Porter has now pulled ahead in this Orange County district after a week of trailing incumbent Republican Mimi Walters.

ME-2 GOP Rep. Bruce Poliquin is ahead, but Maine's ranked-choice voting system could give the race to Democrat Jared Golden. Perhaps seeing the writing on the wall, Poliquin has sued to challenging ranked choice voting.

NJ-3 Democrat Andy Kim is ahead by about 3,500 votes after incumbent Tom MacArthur led on election night.

NY-22 Democrat Anthony Brindisi is holding onto a 1,200-vote lead over incumbent Republican Claudia Tenney in this Upstate District that stretches from Binghamton past Utica.

UT-4 Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams, a Democrat, leads incumbent Republican Mia Love by about 1,200 votes.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/14/667818539/it-was-a-big-blue-wave-democrats-pick-up-most-house-seats-in-a-generation

Matty: "Eh, no biggie"

Not really, more like average........OBAMA..LOST 6 SEATS IN THE SENATE,
61 IN THE HOR. And he was the most amazing man in history Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

2 years vs. 8 years. Not quite "apples to apples" Talk to me after Dump has had 8 years. You are starting to bore me with your knuckle dragging stooge nonsense. Yawn. Pick up your game southy...if you can.

That was Obamas first mid-term you stupid liberal POS...… Those would be apples vs apples shit for brains

Actually it was 63 seats in the house and 6 in the Senate...….and Historical loses on the State level...…..
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which are quickly being reversed... Dems are winning in Arizona, Houston suburbs, Georgia suburbs......
And you are wrong on Mueller. Unlike Comey, Mueller would never impact an election with the results of an investigation. My take is that he will produce a report in January...

Matty, I hate to break this to you, but I will because you're a wind/snow lover, but you're becoming unhinged here, much like the pasty Orange MF who is tainting our great country, daily. settle down son....

Unhinged:
"When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles,” he said. “Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.”

Last edited by boggsman1 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said:

Quote:
By Kristin Olsen, Special to CALmatters

The California Republican Party isn’t salvageable at this time. The Grand Old Party is dead – partly because it has failed to separate itself from today’s toxic, national brand of Republican politics.

Painful though it was, that was the message I delivered at the California Priorities Summit, sponsored by the Sacramento Bee in Sacramento last week.

I’ve spent my entire adult life in Republican politics, so for me to make such a comment wasn’t easy. But it doesn’t make it any less true. I and others have been warning people for years that this day of reckoning was coming if we didn’t do something different.

And as Election Night proved, that day has come. While the rest of the nation saw a mix of Republican and Democrat victories, we in California experienced a blue tsunami. It looks as if Democrats will win nearly every target seat, including some in districts that have been historically considered “safe” for Republicans.

Republican principles used to be about helping other people. We believed in lifting people up out of poverty by giving them robust and free economic opportunities and by providing a world-class education. We stood for giving people the freedom to run their own lives and businesses without undue government interference.

We welcomed people from all over the world who sought to live the American Dream and contribute to the economy and society. They could be secure in knowing that they would not be persecuted for who they are and that they could build strong families and vibrant neighborhoods.

Unfortunately, tragically, that is not the Republican Party promoted by President Donald Trump and his brand of national politics today. We have lost our way, and it’s killing any opportunity for political balance and thoughtful debate in California, elements that good public policy relies on.

One party rule is not good for any community, state or nation, but that’s what we have in California today. It’s because the Republican Party has failed to adapt to changing demographics and to get back to our basic fundamental belief in liberty and responsibility, freedom, economic opportunity, and educational excellence.

Without a viable second party to voice concerns about increasingly progressive policy proposals and to advance alternative policy solutions for addressing the many challenges facing California, our state will continue to veer leftward.

It is time for a New Way. And if the Republican Party can’t evolve, it may be time for a third party, one that will appeal to disenfranchised voters in the Republican and Democratic parties who long for better representation and a better California for all.

Individual Republicans are good, conscientious people dedicated to serving their communities, but they belong to a brand and a national party that is toxic and growing more toxic by the day.

Millions of Californians, millions of Americans, want and deserve leaders who will shake up establishments and help those who have felt ignored for far too long.

These leaders must understand that words matter, that healing and unity is important to the sustainability, strength, and growth of our nation, that end goals do not justify vindictive or hateful or ill-conceived means.

As Californians and Americans, we must work together to find and promote such leaders— people with the courage to help us return to bold and civil discourse and who value and promote the fundamental principles and values of our American Republic and constitutional democracy.

We must hold people in both parties accountable for governing, truth-telling, and civility.

For Republicans, the first step is to acknowledge that we have a serious internal problem. Ignoring the toxicity is not enough, as California’s election results demonstrate. We must call it out and model a different and better way because that’s what our fellow Californians deserve.

Kristin Olsen is a Stanislaus County supervisor and former Assembly Republican leader, kristin@kristinolsen.org. She wrote this commentary for CALmatters.

We've seen this before, in Minnesota where Jesse Ventura was elected as an outsider--and then many began to deny ever voting for him. In California, the decline started with Pete Wilson backing an anti-immigrant initiative, Poposition 187, in 1994. While the initiative passed and helped Wilson get re-elected, it made the GOP brand toxic to immigrants and their children.

In effect, the GOP has traded the short term sugar high of Trump's anti-immigrant bigotry for a long term degradation of the brand. We can already see the effect in Arizona and Texas, where Trump's efforts spurred Latino turnout and moved many to the left. Of course, folks like Matty who can't count beyond 8, don't comprehend the shift of 8 million voters in a midterm election. But the cause and long term implication is clear.

And just for you Democrat and California haters, I'll remind you that California will end the year with a $14.8 billion surplus and a $14.5 billion rain day fund. Brown took over from Arnie with a $16 billion deficit and a massive short term debt to cover the shortfalls. Once upon a time the GOP could legitimately stand for fiscal responsibility. Now they only stand for handouts to the rich and right wing judges with conflicts of interest. As Agent Orange is fond of saying, SAD!
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
which are quickly being reversed... Dems are winning in Arizona, Houston suburbs, Georgia suburbs......
And you are wrong on Mueller. Unlike Comey, Mueller would never impact an election with the results of an investigation. My take is that he will produce a report in January...

Matty, I hate to break this to you, but I will because you're a wind/snow lover, but you're becoming unhinged here, much like the pasty Orange MF who is tainting our great country, daily. settle down son....

Unhinged:
"When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles,” he said. “Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.”

Not at all....Just call out clueless assholes when they say stupid things..
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGB-NP wrote:
real-human wrote:

Hillary has testified and been investigated by right-wingers more than any human in the history of mankind, and not one grand jury indictment.

Clintons = #metoo

you are one putrid in-human to ever associate the wife.

and again the right put a guy at a president that had a case filed for raping a child with affidavits in support. He never went after her, but we know he is known to pay off people. again he said he would go after all that lied, so obviously she told the truth.

and 15 or more.

Bills accusers did have an independent counsel look into them completely and found these other females were changing their stories and even perjuring themselves.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Unhinged:

MADD-dy
If that was true you are talking to yourself like your hero the pediophile.

vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
Votes are still being counted in several House races. But the AP has called another race in California, projecting Democrat Josh Harder the winner in the Modesto-area 10th Congressional District over incumbent Republican Jeff Denham.

That means, more than a week after Election Day, Democrats have increased their House gains to a net of 33 seats – and, when all the vote is counted, they may get to 39.

How big? It's the most House seats gained by Democrats since the wave election following Watergate. Nixon resigned in August of 1974, leading to Democrats' pick up of 48 seats that fall.

So what's left to be counted? In addition to the recounts for statewide offices in Florida and outstanding vote in the Georgia governor's race, there are still nine House races to be called. Of those, Democrats very well may win six:

CA-39 Republican Young Kim leads in this open-seat race, but the margin is shrinking and down to about 700 votes, with Democrat Gil Cisneros gaining. There are many votes left to be counted in this district, which includes parts of Orange and Los Angeles counties. As of Tuesday afternoon, there were more than 261,000 votes left to be counted in Orange and 688,000 left in Los Angeles County.
POLITICS
CA-45 Democrat Katie Porter has now pulled ahead in this Orange County district after a week of trailing incumbent Republican Mimi Walters.

ME-2 GOP Rep. Bruce Poliquin is ahead, but Maine's ranked-choice voting system could give the race to Democrat Jared Golden. Perhaps seeing the writing on the wall, Poliquin has sued to challenging ranked choice voting.

NJ-3 Democrat Andy Kim is ahead by about 3,500 votes after incumbent Tom MacArthur led on election night.

NY-22 Democrat Anthony Brindisi is holding onto a 1,200-vote lead over incumbent Republican Claudia Tenney in this Upstate District that stretches from Binghamton past Utica.

UT-4 Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams, a Democrat, leads incumbent Republican Mia Love by about 1,200 votes.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/14/667818539/it-was-a-big-blue-wave-democrats-pick-up-most-house-seats-in-a-generation

61 IN THE HOR. And he was the most amazing man in history Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

2 years vs. 8 years. Not quite "apples to apples" Talk to me after Dump has had 8 years. You are starting to bore me with your knuckle dragging stooge nonsense. Yawn. Pick up your game southy...if you can.

That was Obamas first mid-term you stupid liberal POS...… Those would be apples vs apples shit for brains

Actually it was 63 seats in the house and 6 in the Senate...….and Historical loses on the State level...…..

Boy, you are easy to bait Smile OK, I see how it goes. When I state a falsehood, I'm a stupid liberl POS. But when Trump states a falsehood, you don't call him a stupid conservative POS. Why is tha Matty? Can you admit Trump states falsehoods? If so, do you hold the same animus towards him - he is a stupid conservative POS for doing so? Apples to apples my friend. How do you like dem apples?
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Unhinged:

You mean the stupid things said by Trump everyday? Still waiting for you to acknowledge the falsehoods told by Trump, who by your definition is a clueless asshole.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:

POLITICS

Boy, you are easy to bait Smile OK, I see how it goes. When I state a falsehood, I'm a stupid liberl POS. But when Trump states a falsehood, you don't call him a stupid conservative POS. Why is tha Matty? Can you admit Trump states falsehoods? If so, do you hold the same animus towards him - he is a stupid conservative POS for doing so? Apples to apples my friend. How do you like dem apples?

I have called out Trump many times, and don't care for his style or temperament... Unfortunately I would still take him on his worse day over what the left has to offer...

I actual have said before I hope he steps down after his first term and hands the reigns over to someone else.....
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More "winning":

CNN's Jim Acosta will return to his post at the White House on Friday following a court ruling that forced the Trump administration to reinstate his press pass.

The ruling by federal judge Timothy J. Kelly was an initial victory for CNN in its lawsuit against President Trump and several top aides. The suit alleges that CNN and Acosta's First and Fifth Amendment rights were violated by last week's suspension of his press pass.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media/cnn-trump-lawsuit-hearing/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 813, 814, 815 ... 1351, 1352, 1353  Next
Page 814 of 1353

Jump to: