myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 848, 849, 850 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
I think what our dear deluded Matty is trying to convey is the few instances of right wing speakers being protested by...wait for it...college students protesting the speakers by exercising their freedom of speech! Oh the irony! No one stopped the right wing speakers from speaking but themselves. I guess they could not stand to hear someone disagree with them. No conviction in their thoughts I suppose.

BTW Matty, Seinfeld's comment was that college campuses are too PC for edgy humor and students might take offense. He said nothing about anyone's free speech being restricted. He can play a campus and perhaps offend a few people, or choose not too. Up to him. The right to free speech is not the right to have the listener agree with everything you say and for the speaker to be free from criticism. Free speech goes both ways.

Perhaps you might actually cite an example that supports your claim?

Cue the obligatory and oh so tiresome and worn out insults from the Unimaginative Matty (UM)...3, 2, 1...

Seinfeld was talking about liberal snowflakes like you shithead, but you are apparently to dumb to realize it. Conservatives don't whine or get offended like liberals. I know you're complete asshole and a weasel but denying what's happening on college campuses is a new low for you.

Maybe this will help shed some light on your ignorance...

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2017/09/29/michael-bloomberg-sessions-has-a-point-about-free-speech/

Seinfeld was talking about conservative snowflakes like you shithead, but you are apparently to dumb to realize it. Liberals don't whine or get offended like conservatives. I know you're complete asshole and a weasel but claiming speech is being censored on college campuses is a new low for you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I don't think so SNOWFLAKE.

Show me one example of a liberal speaker being harrassed and shout down on a college campus by a conservative group...
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
I think what our dear deluded Matty is trying to convey is the few instances of right wing speakers being protested by...wait for it...college students protesting the speakers by exercising their freedom of speech! Oh the irony! No one stopped the right wing speakers from speaking but themselves. I guess they could not stand to hear someone disagree with them. No conviction in their thoughts I suppose.

BTW Matty, Seinfeld's comment was that college campuses are too PC for edgy humor and students might take offense. He said nothing about anyone's free speech being restricted. He can play a campus and perhaps offend a few people, or choose not too. Up to him. The right to free speech is not the right to have the listener agree with everything you say and for the speaker to be free from criticism. Free speech goes both ways.

Cue the obligatory and oh so tiresome and worn out insults from the Unimaginative Matty (UM)...3, 2, 1...

Seinfeld was talking about liberal snowflakes like you shithead, but you are apparently to dumb to realize it. Conservatives don't whine or get offended like liberals. I know you're complete asshole and a weasel but denying what's happening on college campuses is a new low for you.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2017/09/29/michael-bloomberg-sessions-has-a-point-about-free-speech/

Seinfeld was talking about conservative snowflakes like you shithead, but you are apparently to dumb to realize it. Liberals don't whine or get offended like conservatives. I know you're complete asshole and a weasel but claiming speech is being censored on college campuses is a new low for you.

That’s “too dumb to” ......you might want to change that before Mac lectures you about fourth graders.

mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hostility of the far right to education brings this quote to mind.

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.

Robert Maynard Hutchins

He was not a snowflake—but some can’t tell the difference.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOTOX ONE has been cancelled......what a great freaking day...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGB-NP wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:

That’s “too dumb to” ......you might want to change that before Mac lectures you about fourth graders.

Matty is the original author of the text...I merely changed a few words. Any words that were not spelled correctly were left in for effect. I guess Matty is "to dumb to"...
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I don't think so SNOWFLAKE.

Show me one example of a liberal speaker being harrassed and shout down on a college campus by a conservative group...

Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, an assistant professor of African-American studies at Princeton University, probably isn’t the first academic to call President Trump a “racist, sexist megalomaniac.” But she’s the first to do it in a college commencement speech, earning her some negative publicity in recent days -- publicity Taylor says has led to death threats.

In a statement posted on Facebook Wednesday via her publisher, Haymarket Books, Taylor said she was skipping planned public lectures this week at Seattle's Town Hall and the University of California, San Diego.

“I am canceling my appearances for fear of my safety and my family’s safety,” Taylor wrote. “Since last Friday, I have received more than 50 hate-filled and threatening emails. Some of these emails have contained specific threats of violence, including murder.”

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/06/01/princeton-professor-who-criticized-trump-cancels-events-saying-shes-received-death
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Conservatives make threats? Hurl insults? Complain about being called out for it? The Trumpists only subscribe to some of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First there is Chelsea Manning (right), who served seven years in military prison for sharing classified documents with Wikileaks before President Obama commuted her sentence. Harvard on Friday morning rescinded her invitation to be a visiting fellow at its Institute of Politics. (While "visiting fellow" sounds like a visiting professorship, it is actually an extended speaking gig in which participants from the world of politics spend about a week interacting with Harvard students and faculty members.)

Reverend James MartinThen came news that the seminary affiliated with Catholic University of America had revoked an invitation to the Reverend James Martin (left) to speak on the campus. Father Martin is the author of several books and, most recently, of Building a Bridge, which argues that the Roman Catholic Church can find positive ways to interact with gay and lesbian Catholics. The book has been much praised by many church leaders, including by bishops. But some conservative Catholic groups have attacked the book.

In both the cases of Manning and of Father Martin, the decisions to revoke invitations followed outrage over the invitations being extended in the first place. Some Republican politicians went so far as to suggest that Harvard should lose all public funding for a decision to invite Manning.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/09/18/incidents-harvard-and-catholic-universities-run-counter-narrative-about-campus
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week, Whittier College — my alma mater — hosted California’s Attorney General, Xavier Becerra, in a question-and-answer session organized by Ian Calderon, the Majority Leader of the California State Assembly.

They tried to, anyway.

The event ended early after pro-Trump hecklers, upset about Becerra’s lawsuit against the Trump administration over DACA, continuously shouted slogans and insults at Becerra and Calderon. A group affiliated with the hecklers later boasted that the speakers were “SHOUTED DOWN BY FED-UP CALIFORNIANS” and that the “meeting became so raucous that it ended about a half hour early.”

https://www.thefire.org/hecklers-shout-down-california-attorney-general-assembly-majority-leader-at-whittier-college/
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to see ANYONE in the media even TRY to explain how Trump offering people (I think it was the Clemson football team) a SALAD is sexist, as the leftard media are howling. It just goes to show how meaningless all mac's and his entire fringe's stupid constant accusations of racism, homophobia, bigotry, etc. are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 848, 849, 850 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next
Page 849 of 1354

Jump to: