myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
new windsup from rrd
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outhaul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailboarder wrote:
outhaul wrote:

The other goes something like this:"Yes it's big but I've never had this much fun in 15-20 mph winds, I'm going nearly as fast as most others who are on much smaller boards...

What do you mean, nearly as fast as most others ? My K1 goes as fast as most others, in fact, I'd say faster than the average when compared to the common mixture of FSW and freeride shortboards I see on the local spots. And maybe more than twice as fast when schlogging, but shortboarders seem to forget about that part...

I was trying to be gracious Very Happy

Your K1 does have a better top end than the Exocet 11'8 but your point is well taken.
outhaul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have know people who simply refuse to use anything but a shortboard.
One of my sailing buddies comes to mind: Even though he's schlogging more than planing and spending a good deal of time falling off on routine maneuvers, he refuses to use a big board because in his mind it's not real windsurfing. He'd be better served on a bigger board like a SB Rio, a Fanatic Viper, a K1, a windsup, but refuses to because of image. The kicker is he's not learning anything or getting any better.
Why is there such a bias toward shortboards even when they are not the best choice for ones abilities or conditions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: