myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Religion of peace and guns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember on 9-11 even Iran was on our side.

But by Bush by attacking a nation that had no connection to 9-11 vs what Saudi Arabia had, was it 15 of the hijackers were Saudis. Zero from Iraq. And the leader Bin Laden a saudi with US training..

Bush going to Iraq increased the hatred/dis-respect of america all over the world. Only one to two handfuls of countries has favorable ratings of Bush/USA as he left office. You do not stop terrorism by being hated. Once you have done that there is really not much that can be done once you opened the floodgates as Bush has to terrorists recruiting.

Terrorist recruiting grew 100s to 1000s fold under Bush.

clearly the military has no clue how to stop it as they were there with open checkbooks for years under Bush, with an idiot to do anything they wanted under Bush too.

Again even Bush Senior has weighed in on his sons stupidity of what he did.

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
For the vast majority of people, concealed carry is just a self-endangering, inconvenient, stress-inducing fetish.

Here's just one of MANY statistics-based sources that show otherwise.
http://americangunfacts.com/
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
pointster wrote:
For the vast majority of people, concealed carry is just a self-endangering, inconvenient, stress-inducing fetish.

Here's just one of MANY statistics-based sources that show otherwise.
http://americangunfacts.com/

full of shiiite facts, just click on number 2 ooops has been removed, then the pdf that they keep has been vetted and shown to be wacimo ...

when you ask a bunch of liars a leading question of course you get such statements. Here was the question they asked. of course not under oath a gun fanatic in his self righteous paranoia would lie.

Here was the leading question..

"Within the past
12 months, have you yourself used a gun, even if it was not fired, to protect
yourself or someone else, or for the protection of property at home, work, or
elsewhere?"

and as looked at by rape victims numbers it comes out to more rapes by huge numbers than occurred in any year So you know your methodology ie the leading question to a pathological lying group is no accurate.

what this did prove is gun owners are pathologically disturbed as a entire group. Probably one of the sickest group in the history of man-kind right up there with religious terrorist.

http://home.uchicago.edu/ludwigj/papers/JPAM_Cook_Ludwig_Hemenway_2007.pdf

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poinster, are you that soft? I'd have no problem spotting the asshole half a second after he shot someone in the back. He might even make it easier if he were to shout Allahu Akbar.

I take it you've never been to a gun range.

Islamic immigrants are like a box of friendly snakes mixed with a handful of venomous ones. I say leave them all in Syria.....for the time being.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine:
Freaks so cold-hearted that they can just mow down people dancing, dining, watching a ball game, then blow themselves to bits to slaughter even more when the cops close in?

50,000 more (and growing) very well organized freaks like that with essentially infinite funding and much more powerful WMDs in the wings?

The (once) most powerful man in the world refusing to even admit by name the problem (HEY, OBAMA; IT'S RADICAL ISLAM), doing relatively NOTH-ING to stop them when they were few and vulnerable and massed on the border, STILL doing damn near nothing, claiming again Friday morning that they are contained, contributing hundreds of billions of dollars to them via his unconstitutional Iran TREATY, and GIVING them their most treasured goal (a caliphate free of significant opposing forces) on a pre-announced withdrawal schedule?

Just sitting on our asses, waiting, I guess, for MUCH worse to happen in the 10 biggest cities in North America, before any DNC president grows the balls to do his or her most important job by whatever means are necessary: protect his or her citizens?

Last edited by isobars on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Islamic immigrants are like a box of friendly snakes mixed with a handful of venomous ones."

Was this something that you originated, or was it something that you picked up from someone else?

When you think about it, there is a lot of truth to the statement. Needless to say though, it can be applied to almost any group, like blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and even Christians.
pointster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Poinster,...

I qualified on the rifle range every year while I was in the military, just like you did when you were in the military.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Poinster,...

I qualified on the rifle range every year while I was in the military, just like you did when you were in the military.

So why don't you CCW? You're a mature and well trained guy...

Chandler, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists aren't terrorizing. Their religions don't call for the execution of non believers. Mexicans aren't terrorizing. Blacks aren't terrorizing.

This will get us Trump.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said anything about terrorists? You brought up Islamic immigrants, but it could have easily been Hispanic immigrants, couldn't it?. Actually, any group might have its bad actors, even Christians.

Regarding Trump, the guy won't be able to play the long game. He easily plays off a group of angry and hateful folks, but that's not going to win him the presidency. You might want to read Kathleen Parker's commentary today in the Washington Post about Trump's 95 minute rant to Iowans whining about Ben Carson. The guy's losing his magic beans.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
So why don't you [Poinster] CCW? You're a mature and well trained guy...

I don't carry, despite (and partly because of) many days of expert training plus earning a handgun Marksmanship medal in the military. My reason is much like the reason I rejected half a dozen oncologists' insistence that I undergo 7 weeks of radiation treatment: the risks exceed the benefits at present.

The benefit would accrue only IF a gun (or the radiation) saved my life. My lifestyle exposes me to virtually no bad guys other than the ones in my filter list (and my very aggressive cancer recurrence seems to be in an area not subject to radiation), so the likelihood of benefit is very small.

The risk of carrying, however, is immense. If I even let a potential attacker know I am armed, let alone lift my shirttail and let him see a gun handle, I become by definition an armed assailant. Even if some known banger wth 10 murder convictions is shooting at me and 10 children and pregnant black Jewish nuns in wheelchairs before I shoot him, the banger's Mom will sue me, tie me up in court for years, screw up my windsurfing, and may even win the suit if she gets a jury full of Terrorist Lives Matter types or simply an activist liberal judge.

No joke, plus now the banger's social club will come after me.

It's not worth it. Let the nuns and kids die; they were stupid to go to the mall on a such a beautiful afternoon anyway. That's not just my own well-deliberated decision; many cops -- even SWAT team members -- carry when off duty, but have decided in advance (to save precious time when it matters most) to reach for their cell phones (to call 911) instead of their weapon unless their family is being shot at. Our head trainer put it this way pertaining to threats outside the home: "Unless my wife and kids are in immediate and inescapable danger, I will take cover and call 911 -- hey, that's ME (he is a SWAT team commander) -- rather than start shooting my concealed weapon." If HE won't shoot to save the nuns unless he's on duty or his family is on the line of fire, I'm sure as hell not going to. Besides, there are books full of other ways to avoid or deter such threats, such as simple visual cues to help avoid them in the first place.

I don't know where his paradigm allows an exception. Maybe a good vantage point, ongoing fire, no SWAT yet, and a clear head shot* from very close? After all, the .38 he carries off duty is no match for a determined OR big OR drugged OR well-armed OR heavily-clothed (let ALONE armored) shooter. Its sole value is when actually grappling with an armed assailant within arm's length and only if the perp is not protected by a lot of fat or a heavy winter jacket. (Even if the bad guy is skinny, clean and sober, and dressed only in a Speedo, the average number of shots it takes an experienced cop on duty to take him down is seven ... more than one or two idiot blue states tried to allow their defenseless cops to have in one clip.)

* That's how the good guys win the hearts and minds of the bad guys: two taps to the heart, one to the mind.

IN HIS HOME is a different world. He and his wife and daughter are known in law enforcement range and field competition circles throughout the nation as some of the very best -- often THE best -- rapid fire, running and shooting marksmen in the nation. Any invader in his home will die, probably several times.

So to all the potential assailants out there: I am unarmed.

Usually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: