myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
No limitz masts/compatible sails list
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: No limitz masts/compatible sails list Reply with quote

Hey windsurfers! I would like to get a list going on here of sail brands that work really well with no limitz masts.

I would like to be able to switch sail brands whenever I want and not worry about replacing masts to match a different bend curve. I just bought new masts and I expect them to last a long time.

I will replace sails one at a time as needed. I like to mix up brands within my quiver for various reasons.

Sure I know this strategy will rule out some great sail brands but it will still leave plenty to choose from.

And No, I don't work for no limitz and I am not affiliated with them in any way.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoLimitz post the mast bend curve on their site.
the sails that don't suit 100% are those that work best on hard top or soft top.

The Chart on UNIFIBER WEB SITE is one of the better examples to compare masts and curves, nothing on this subject is written in stone, as you can mix the NOLIMITZ ORIGINAL MAST WITH THEIR SUMO TO CREATE A HARD TOP.

A resource would be NoLimtz.

The NL are both light and strong.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Frank4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks U2, I have looked at that data.

I'm still hoping for some actual real world input. For example, I use xx sail with a certain nolimitz mast and it sets perfectly and works great!

Any nolimitz users out there that can give any info appreciated!
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough.
I have but one a original 430.

It works perfect on Northwave.
It works well on Ezzy, compared to Ezzy.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a standard bottom with Sumo top on my Naish Force sails. Works great. If I use top/bottom standard & have to add on one extra cm of downhaul to get proper sail set so I lose power to maintain rotation.

I would add that Naish changed their mast bend a year or two ago so newer Naish sails probably work fine on standard Nolimitz top & bottom.

Coachg
wdsurf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Nolimtz Reply with quote

Got 340,370,400,430 nolimtz original.wife uses them on naish boxer,force sessions all good.i use them Goya banzai,fringe.used them on simmer icons with great results. Very Happy
GarryW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaastra sails work best with a Sumo top and Original mast on the bottom.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have pointed out, I've been creatively using No Limitz masts as options in my older Windwing sails. My ideal requirement is a 64/76 bend curve. No Limitz's 400cm RDM bend curve is 64.5/77, and that's regardless of the Original or Sumo lines, which are differentiated by their stiffnesses (18 versus 19). It's not a perfect match because the Original mast is a bit too soft up top. I've worked around the mismatch by going with a stiffer Sumo top, and the result has been very workable. However, I have to say that the result isn't quite as perfect as it was with the ideal bend curve mast. Yet, I think that the outcome is very satisfactory for me, and I've gone with a US manufacturer, which importantly, supports the sport here in America.

As an important aside, one thing to keep in mind about creatively working with No Limitz masts, is that it's not only about mixing same sized Original and Sumo components, but also matching different lengths. This might mean using a shorter bottom and a longer top, or the opposite. Needless to say, things get a bit esoteric.

I will say that the best way to go is to try something out before buying it. While that isn't always easy to do in an area where there are no retail shops around, you might be able to get so help from a sponsored sailor or friend in your area. Kevin McGillivray, sponsored by Gaastra and No Limitz, kindly helped me out by letting me rig up my sail using his Sumo top.
Frank4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, reports are also good with north sails on no limitz.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northwaves are specifically designed around Nolimitz masts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: