myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Malaysia bans Israel from youth windsurf ISAF(WS) event
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riptide

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Malaysia bans Israel from youth windsurf ISAF(WS) event Reply with quote

http://sailinganarchy.com/2015/12/24/throw-the-jew-down-the-well

The newly re-named World Sailing (a/k/a ISAF) has an opportunity to easily do something right for a change by responding to actions this week by Malaysian organizers of the ISAF Youth Worlds, which allegedly banned Israeli windsurfers from competing at the ISAF-licensed event under their own flag.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this email to the ISAF too politically correct ... does it need to be reinforced before I hit SEND?

Windsurfing means so much to me that I walked away from my engineering career 27 years ago and moved across the U.S. for better windsurfing because it interfered with my shred time. My tens of thousands of posts on windsurfing probably make me its most prolific proponent on the entire internet. I raced Original Windsurfers® before many of you were born. I've delayed orthopedic surgeries and disabling cancer treatments until the windy season ended.

Now, however, you #$%&*@! bigots makes me ashamed to be a windsurfer. I'm not religious, and part of the reason is blind, demagogic, disgusting, exclusive religions like that dominating your organization. It's even worse that you would foist your foul hatred on youth who just want to compete in a sport they love. How about doing something positive for civilization and world harmony -- if indeed complicating math homework was positive -- for the first time in the past millennium? What a disgusting part of the world to live in!

Just when I thought Donald Trump and Ted Cruz had gone too far, you reinforce their rhetoric and give Islam yet ANOTHER black eye. How's it feel to be part of the biggest collection in the world of racist, bigoted zealots?

I hope the entire world boycotts your festering, elitist, sick event.

Last edited by isobars on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Riptide

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sail-world.com/World-Sailing-Youth-Worlds---Malaysia-washes-hands-of-Israeli-travesty/141091
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that link more confusing than explanatory, as all this diplomatic tapdancing and excuse-making rhetoric go right over my head.

SEND, ABORT, or await more facts? Very Happy
Riptide

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sailing.org/about/isaf/contact/index.php
Hello, I suggest you cancel the Malaysian youth sailing worlds since they are effectively banning Israel and there current world champions of youth windsurfing. ISAF has all sorts of anti-discrimination clauses running through every event run under their auspices, to say nothing of the standards of the International Olympic Committee or just basic humanity and respect for competition.
My off the cuff letter to the ISAF
Riptide

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I found that link more confusing than explanatory, as all this diplomatic tapdancing and excuse-making rhetoric go right over my head.

SEND, ABORT, or await more facts? Very Happy

Google it there is more info out there. But as of now Israel has pulled out because of the VISA BS.
Riptide

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sailing.org/news/41580.php

World Sailing President Mr Carlo Croce - regarding Israel's attendance at the upcoming Youth Sailing World Championships in Langkawi, Malaysia.

As with all diplomatic issues this is quite a delicate matter. World Sailing is aware of the current commentary in the public arena, and have reason to believe that some of the comments may not be accurate or possibly based on misunderstandings.

World Sailing is committed to ensuring participation in our sport by competitors from all nations, and is taking this issue seriously.

A member of the World Sailing Executive is on route to Malaysia to investigate this issue and is seeking clarification from the Malaysian Organising Authority.

World Sailing expects the organising authority of its events to allow sailors from all nations to compete on an equal basis. This expectation is made clear in the bid process and is set out in the contractual documentation governing our events.

World Sailing is not in a position to comment on this further until our investigation is complete.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad to note that Israel, the Israeli people, and Jewish people in general have done so much for the world. Science, technology, and Nobel awards. Not to mention they've inhabited the middle east longer than any major religion.

Tragedy.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet we're paying Iran, which continually vows to eradicate Israel, $150 billion, are giving them permission to develop nuclear weapons after Obama leaves office, AND are ignoring their tests of an IRBM delivery system.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riptide wrote:
World Sailing is aware of the current commentary in the public arena, and have reason to believe that some of the comments may not be accurate or possibly based on misunderstandings.

Precisely why I have not yet hit SEND on my deliberately vitriolic but well-deserved letter.

I could Google and study this crap for weeks and still not understand whether the problem lies with the event sponsors or the country. It seems quite obvious to me that the common factor is the wonderful, peace-loving religion of Islam, for which my enmity grows with each passing news cycle from ANY source. I'll leave it to others to send hundreds of nice appeals to the event sponsors and the government, but they also need to get their damned noses rubbed into some more heartfelt anger, too.

The more I see of such bigotry, political correctness, timidity, and blind acceptance of egregious behavior, the more I lean towards Donald Trump. I'm tired of having Caspar Milquetoast -- "the man who speaks softly and gets hit with a big stick" -- in the White House.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: