myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Big Short....... the movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
NP wrote:
It also looked like both parties and multiple presidents were all to blame, and Obama continued the cycle by putting those culprits with their hands in the pie into power. It's hard to imagine that those who should have seen jail time were given a government job......disgusting, all of it.

Who , specifically who was given a GOVT job, should have gone to jail? In your view?

Watch the documentary?

mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
Show me any other spot I blamed Obama for anything. Quote me, please do.

AND, I didn't blame Obama in my post. I stated he continued the cycle and those he put in place should have been the ones who should have seen jail time. That's not blaming him.

Wsurfer is a nitwit....Even Mac put some blame on Obama.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the russian operation, blame it all on the black man, brown man... it is always the non-white mans fault, the white man is not as rich as he should be. It is all the black mans fault. Sow discord and get the racists up in arms, after all they are the real victims.

Funny how the guy the right wing attacked as the FBI boogyman "Strzok last week is the one that caught and survailed the Russian plant in the USA for 6 years, who russia stole the identity in Canada, placed them in Canada, and then had them enter the USA to attack/spy the usa.

And the russians were just attacking the USA via trolls exactly how a poster whos family came from russian and former Nazi-controlled Germany. The trolls just flamed race and other hate topics. He until recently, virtually never backed up his debates with factual links just trolled... As I pointed out at least if not 50% of his posts has been serial attacks. As I have said this troll in my book would never have a sensitive job as he fits a clear and dangerous potential.

As we know the russian KGB has been doing plants in Canada for a heck of a long time. any co-incidence his business is like trumps fake construction... Note trump will not release and open his books and taxes...

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326160&sid=eddbc0cfc8edf7db1afaab3c27fc8cf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjEeM9COh5o

boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
NP wrote:
It also looked like both parties and multiple presidents were all to blame, and Obama continued the cycle by putting those culprits with their hands in the pie into power. It's hard to imagine that those who should have seen jail time were given a government job......disgusting, all of it.

Who , specifically who was given a GOVT job, should have gone to jail? In your view?

Watch the documentary?

yes, I'm asking you. I'm not disagreeing, but I'm in the industry, and I lived through it, and I share many of the same views but there are few real crimes that were committed.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:

A general, and uninformed comment. Asked and answered here in multiple postings and in well researched books. By the numbers about what happened.

1. A series of actions, not just the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act, reduced regulatory oversight of the banks and they began to gamble in the real estate market. They made their money on the transactions and peddled the loans to the government. They corrupted the bond rating companies. All of this happened during and before the Bush administration, and both parties are to blame. Both took massive money from Wall Street, and both failed to heed the examples of the Savings and Loan meltdown, the Enron scandal, and the dot-com balloon.

2. As the run-up of the balloon proceeded, Bush's regulatory people backed off even further. Christopher Cox, Orange County republican and head of the SEC was the chief culprit. He probably could not have stopped the fiasco, some things that were pretty sketchy had been de-criminalized in the repeal o the Glass Steagall Act.

3. I assume by your comments that you are referring to Timothy Geithner. Before drawing conclusions about Obama's selection, I would suggest you read his book "Stress Test", which is a detailed account of the unfolding of the meltdown and panic.

4. Moderates of both parties and most economists agreed that the fundamental problem in 2008 was a bank panic that went beyond the devaluing of toxic assets. We have seen enough of those in the last 200 years to know that they can end up devaluing high quality assets as well as junk bonds. Bush agreed, but did not have the pull with the far right in Congress to organize a bank bailout without Democratic help.

5. History has shown that Bush and Obama were right on this one. The most severe contraction in history--much more sever than the Great Depression-- did not last as long, and the money put into the bail out and stimulus began the recovery. With the conclusion of leadership in both parties that the highest priority was arresting the bank panic, most favored someone with Wall Street support. Geithner was an excellent choice, in retrospect, I opposed him at the time. He did nothing at Wall Street that would have put him in jail, you are dead wrong on that score.

6. I fault Obama and Holder for not insisting on more prosecutions. Obama from a basic naivete that it was better to look forward than backward. Kind instincts that history will reward him for, but it ended up to be fundamental mismanagement of the political messaging. Holder and his deputies were loathe to tackle high risk prosecutions--made high risk by the legislation crafted by Texas Republican Senator Phil Gramm.

You are welcome to your own opinion--but not your own facts. Got 'em wrong again.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I don't live in the same world, or mental space, where deregulation to satisfy the evils of greed, and systematically destroy the economy in the process, doesn't amount to "illegal" activity. Carry on being "right"? again?
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:

AND, I didn't blame Obama in my post. I stated he continued the cycle and those he put in place should have been the ones who should have seen jail time. That's not blaming him.

OK, "multiple presidents" but singling out Obama.

Trump, iso, NW, Guru, wet-ty, all seem to drag Obama's name back into the argument, I guess that was my point.

Don't take it too personally.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
NP wrote:

Trump, iso, NW, Guru, wet-ty, all seem to drag Obama's name back into the argument, I guess that was my point.

I take it personally when you state / ask why "I" always blame Obama, and the question's insinuation is total BS.

mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
Sorry I don't live in the same world, or mental space, where deregulation to satisfy the evils of greed, and systematically destroy the economy in the process, doesn't amount to "illegal" activity. Carry on being "right"? again?

I agree that the actions to deregulate the financial markets were a "moral hazard." Unfortunately, thanks to the legislation authored by Phil Gramm, they were not illegal. Wanting it does not make it so, and not knowing makes you uninformed.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
NP wrote:

I take it personally when you state / ask why "I" always blame Obama, and the question's insinuation is total BS.

OK never said "NP" but said you, as in you right wingers..
So I'll pull a Trump, I meant you, as in ya'll, as in youse guys!!!
Sorry don't single out one Prez and you won't invoke my spirit.
Yes, correct I defend Obama over Trump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: