myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Race Baiting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Race Baiting Reply with quote

Some seem to misunderstanding what race baiting is. I will give you a very clear example from a Tea Party fool who was elected Mayor of Maine. Perhaps the citizens of Maine will soon deny they ever voted for him, as many of those in Minnesota now say about Jesse:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUcDT5SmSsY

We can add to this Malibu Bard's debunked meme about Muslim's being responsible for all the rapes in Sweden, and all those who post and repost this nonsense without checking the facts.

The term, in American parlance, for someone who points out race baiting, is playing the race card. Hope that helps all those interested in careful and accurate use of language.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Race Baiting Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Some seem to misunderstanding what race baiting is.

No you do, you are just trying one of Obama's tricks of taking a charge and trying to turn it around. Sorry, you are in fact a race baiter, why else did you start this thread?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite his success at penning some of the most offensive dog whistle claims on the forum, NW needs some help with definitions. Since he seems to have paid no attention in school, a little remedial help is offered here:

Quote:
Dog-whistle politics is political messaging employing coded language that appears to mean one thing to the general population but has an additional, different or more specific resonance for a targeted subgroup.

Terms that belittle the manhood of Obama rather than disagree with his politics qualify. Bonus points awarded inside the conservative bubble.

Moving on, from Mirriam Webster:

Quote:
race–baiting: the unfair use of statements about race to try to influence the actions or attitudes of a particular group of people

False statements about Muslims, such as those posted by Malibu Bard qualify. He's got a lot of points on the politically incorrect score card.

Finally:

Quote:
Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase that refers to exploitation of either racist or anti-racist attitudes by accusing others of racism.

Different idiomatic terms have been developed to describe different things.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can talk about Muslims all you want, but the fact remains that you've been labeling just about everyone here, to the right of you, a racist ever since BHO first started running for president, myself at least a dozen times. Which is why I take this personally.
You've have this habit of throwing down the race card at anybody's complaint about BHO, and it doesn't matter what the complaint was about.
So for you mac to go on with this new thread of yours, all about race baiting, I find completely hypocritical.

Just calling it like I've seen it for at least the last 8 years.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay attention NW. I object to bigoted comments. I note, with deep sadness, that nobody from the right objects to the deeply bigoted comments made by their comrades, no matter how vile. Not once.

Did you look at the video? Are you proud of this Tea Party politician? I am ashamed of him.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
You can talk about Muslims all you want, but the fact remains that you've been labeling just about everyone here, to the right of you, a racist ever since BHO first started running for president, myself at least a dozen times. Which is why I take this personally.

Actually, that's precisely why we should NOT take it personally. It's simply the only argument he has in most issues, so it's meaningless. Dogs say "woof", cats say "meow", mac says "you're a racist". It's that simple, and it means nothing more than "woof".

And thanks to Wardog for teaching me that lesson about so many liberals.

Speaking of mac and Wardog, I haven't seen Al Sharpton on the news for many months now. Did he just dry up and blow away, or did he get Trumped?

Last edited by isobars on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reasoned debate of Mike Fick?

Quote:
one man who has clearly contributed by far the most to skyrocketing U.S. private gun purchases and to ISIS emergence and recruitment is none other than the the weak, cowardly, male (I did not say "man") running the White House.

Nope. Dog whistle.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another thread deliberately designed to inflame and precipitate a shouting match. Ignore him.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Googled the definition of race baiter. The first page of hits was remarkably consistent, leaving no doubt about the definition's broad acceptance and unambiguous clarity. To save a thousand words, five different dictionaries simply posted this picture:

Leaving no stone unturned, the photo caption laid it out for all to see:
it wrote:
...James McGrath was born in Washington while his father worked at the Hanford nuclear facility. He was raised in Los Angeles and attended UC Berkeley during the 1960s. He then worked for the Environmental Protection Agency .

Q.
E.
D.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, dog whistle Fick, you peeked. But you still got it wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: