myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Can Anyone Beat this Record?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbknap

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've windsurfed at least once a month, and at least 111 days a year, every year since 1998. Last year I sailed 164 days, surfed 31, and SUPed 10. Most of those days were in Southern California but I try to get 20 or so days in Maui and at least a couple in SF every year.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does thinking about sailing once a day count as a day?
scameron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Beat this Reply with quote

Ha! I got you all beat! I'm on the water 365 days a year! Since I live aboard one of my 3 sailboats, have 5 windsurfers, 1 SUP, and 1 RC Laser, and retired, I'm on the water with at least one of my toys EVERY DAY. Beat that! Gotta go. Sailing my Wing Dinghy today.
streetsailing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading all these blogs is making me feel better about myself. I'm not the biggest bum I know. I'll check my logs since 1991 and let you know but I think I have you all beat because I've always had a long board. Does that count?
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For us old farts who need a day off to recover, quality beats quantity by a mile.
gerritt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:

I think about sex every day, but it doesn't mean I'm getting any! When I finally do score that kind of a sesh, I need at least 50 "Honey Do's" to recover.
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My streak is longer: I've sailed in Iowa using a windsurfing rig in every month starting with March 1994, which is 273 months in a row as of January 2016. Some will say I "cheat" by counting land sailing in parking lots on mountain boards and snow/ice sailing on ski or blade sleds or modified toboggans. But, sometimes I'm sailing when the actual temperature is at 0 degrees F. My largest number of days in one year so far is 108. In 2016 my goal is 123 days and I'm well on the way with 16 days in January.
kirk2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Gerritt! My guess is you probably have the record for Bay Area folks who have a "real job" unrelated to water sports. I believe your commute and distance to the coast as well as Coyote and Third Ave help you too. It is too far for me to do the round trip to the coast and still try to get work done. I got 104 days last year and have wimped out on sailing the storm winds in the winter as I can't afford the travel time to get the 50% skunk rate. (Skunk means it starts raining too hard to sail before I get on the water or completely shuts down.)

I do just over 100 days a year, 104 last year and 105 the year before I believe. I probably missed 10 to 20 days of marginal wind that I didn't think was worth the commute time.

I work from home making a fraction what I could make doing engineering, but I like my work and love the lifestyle. My father said I should count all the money I make trading in deferred accounts but I don't include it as the tax rate calculations are difficult. Needless to say, being a surf bum and living here doing just enough making enough money to be happy is heavenly!

gerritt wrote:
windoggie wrote:

I think about sex every day, but it doesn't mean I'm getting any! When I finally do score that kind of a sesh, I need at least 50 "Honey Do's" to recover.

LOL! I seem to use the off season to catch up on the honey do's plus all the neglected chores at my house and hers. It usually feels like I get to relax again when windsurfing season starts and she takes her annual 3-week trip to Taiwan in May!

Newsletter http://kirklindstrom.com/
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotsa days or lots of great days?
Beecher sailed 100 days in a row on smaller than 5.0 a couple of summers ago in Kanaha on a small board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: