myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Zika Virus Could Force Women To Have Unsafe Abortions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja said:
Quote:
I guess you do not get it

I do, but you clearly don't. 32% of your left wing friends are ANTI-ABORTION and are included in your "American Taliban" label, maybe even some of your best buds. 27% on the right see it your way.

Thus, your broad brush approach regarding the right and what they believe is clearly off base. Platforms don't necessarily speak for the entire party, but they seem to be necessary to garner political support. However, independents wait to choose sides based on individual platforms rather than party platforms.

Baja also said:
Quote:
IE right wingers telling americans how their religion is, and how all must live.

In my life time, I don't recall anyone telling me, "how their religion is and how all must live". Clearly I have heard plenty of preaching, but no one has ever told me to my face what I should believe, not even my parents. It's always been my choice to follow the beliefs that suit my needs and values.

If someone is preaching their religion to a congregation, no one there must follow or believe what they are being told. We have the freedom of religion and can take whatever path we choose.

Only the naïve blindly accept what they are told by those promoting their religious beliefs.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
In my life time, I don't recall anyone telling me, "how their religion is and how all must live". Clearly I have heard plenty of preaching, but no one has ever told me to my face what I should believe

You must not have lived among Catholics, Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses, or Sharia law supporters, or had them come knocking at your door.

To those groups, in order: I am NOT going to hell because I'm not Catholic, because my wife works outside the home and has fewer than 10 children, because I occasionally go dancing with my wife, or because I consider women equal. If I'm going to hell, it will be because of my behavior, not my beliefs.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Baja said:
Quote:
I guess you do not get it

I do, but you clearly don't. 32% of your left wing friends are ANTI-ABORTION and are included in your "American Taliban" label, maybe even some of your best buds. 27% on the right see it your way.

Thus, your broad brush approach regarding the right and what they believe is clearly off base. Platforms don't necessarily speak for the entire party, but they seem to be necessary to garner political support. However, independents wait to choose sides based on individual platforms rather than party platforms.

Baja also said:
Quote:
IE right wingers telling americans how their religion is, and how all must live.

In my life time, I don't recall anyone telling me, "how their religion is and how all must live". Clearly I have heard plenty of preaching, but no one has ever told me to my face what I should believe, not even my parents. It's always been my choice to follow the beliefs that suit my needs and values.

If someone is preaching their religion to a congregation, no one there must follow or believe what they are being told. We have the freedom of religion and can take whatever path we choose.

Only the naïve blindly accept what they are told by those promoting their religious beliefs.

again being pro life as a dem does not mean forcing that religious view on others, (there is no debate of the issue in the dem platform, it is they have their rights to make up what their mind is to what their religion is) example...

, the right wing just went after planned parenthood to defund it. are you that blind to the RNC? Some 95% plus of their (PP) activities are health not abortion related and the right wing jihadists attacked them.

you agree, your right wingers RNC definition of when life starts is the right wing one is specifically derived religion based. It is not based on science or what other religions believe.

How is it not when the cell divides one time with your religious right RNC ways? and if so how many lives have you created in your life that died via that definition? Is the question to hard for you to understand?

mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
You must not have lived among Catholics, Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses, or Sharia law supporters, or had them come knocking at your door.

Catholics don't go door to door proselytizing. Maybe you dreamed it. BTW, since you clearly know so little about the institution, it is not the position of the Catholic Church that non-Catholics will go to hell. I fully expect to see GT there, although he may not have full access to the newest gear.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Catholics don't go door to door proselytizing. Maybe you dreamed it... it is not the position of the Catholic Church that non-Catholics will go to hell.

My only direct interface with the Catholic Church is Catholic friends and neighbors. One of the latter told me (and his lapsed sister) that we are going to hell expressly because we are not Catholic. Others in this forum have had the same experience. I never said it was official CC dogma; that wasn't the topic here. The larger implications and incidences of being told we're going to hell have been discussed before.

That neighbor and I are still friends. I consider his zealotry his problem, not mine ... just as it is with the 2nd and 3rd groups I mentioned. The Shariaq law advocates, OTOH, are obviously dangerous.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catholics are groovy as long as your not one of those child molesting priest kind of guys. Born agains, evangelicals and televangelist? Scary stuff. Some are scum of the Earth. I personally have witnessed a "scum of the Earth" pastor fraudulently acquire my aunts entire estate worth 1.5. Got her to buy a house, lied to her about ownership. Put it into Joint tenancy instead of common. Never told her, handled all her finances. b - bye 1.5 mil. All in the name of Jesus. Thank you lord.

On topic, my sister in law caught Zika in Guatemala. Very painful, but over in about 10 days. Not nearly as bad as chikungunya or dengue according to her. She’s had both of those as well. Very scary about pregnancy and rate of spread though. Yikes.

Where is the outrage on this being Obamas fault like Ebola? Those calling for stopping flights and going against medical science got it wrong. Actually Obama should be credited for stopping Ebola if you blamed him for the spread. Utter nonsense. By the way, looks like Rubio is going to be your nominee.

Last edited by J64TWB on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've pondered on before Mr.G, eternal life after death, condemned into doing that which is enjoyed in the land of the living (a curious differentiation between new and old gear, surely) Is my vision of hell. (I'm not able to understand heaven - perhaps such remains beyond human comprehension.)

But I do not disrespect devout Christians, and neither do I know any such who are not against abortion on demand, as a life style. I also know Christians who accept scientific realities - didn't an earlier Pope contemplate the possibility/probability of alien life forms?

I know this though, Mr.G, the older we get, the less cocksure of anything we seem to become. Perhaps that's subconscious recognition of our eventual mortality!
mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: r Reply with quote

It is actually preferable to explain rather than trumpet one's superior knowledge. When I was growing up, Catholic doctrine was not that non-Catholics were doomed to hell--but it was that non-Catholics would not be admitted to the higher levels of heaven. For babies that died unbaptised, they devised they concept of limbo. Many evangelical sects, including the various ones my brother has belonged to, both prosletize and teach that the unsaved--including Catholics and others in main stream religions--are doomed to hell.
latisha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that oftentimes in evangelical teaching too. However, there is also danger in for those who teach it. Because, it is tantamount on putting themselves in God's place who has sole authority to judge. In addition, even the saved people will face the final judgement too. Therefore, no one can rightly say who will be doomed in hell.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaannnnnd there we have it from the biblethumpers.

Sheesh. I cannot comprehend people who think God's law trumps man's. It's not God who locks criminals up; it's MAN. Whether God will send us to hell is highly debatable ... even more so than Which Foot First.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: