myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
right wing supreme court right wing activism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with scalia passing away today this is going to make this case a non issue IMHO. they will eventually wait for the lower court if possible because the right wing will not want their litmis cases now where it is a tie.

This is huge for the present cases that the right wing funded to get in front of a right wing court. these cases now will be hung.

Next, the right wing will not allow any of the Obama proposed people to be affirmed, thus this will give the momentum for the dems to come out in huge numbers to vote in the presidential election.

and this will cost the right wing the congress at the same time.

those are my predictions.

very untimely death for the the religious right wing and the polluters with cases before the court.

nw30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean you sound happy over the death of a great American, no surprise.
However, good luck with your predictions, you'll need it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pete Williams: I'd Be "Very Surprised" If Senate Even Considers Supreme Court Nomination In Election Year

Posted on February 13, 2016

NBC chief legal analyst Pete Williams reacts to the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, aged 79, on Saturday. Williams says he would be "very surprised" if the vacancy would be filled before the next Supreme Court term starts in October.

"I would be very surprised, frankly, if a vacancy can be filled in time for the next term to start when it starts in October, but it's such an unexpected thing, such a sudden thing, it's such a shock, and that's the way these things tend to go," Williams said.

Williams' full commentary below, aired on MSNBC:

PETE WILLIAMS, NBC'S CHIEF LEGAL ANALYST: The president will have to pick a nominee, President Obama, and the question here is whether the Senate will even consider a nominee under these circumstances in the middle of an election year. Normally when Supreme Court Justices think about retiring, because of ill health or whatever considerations, they don't historically do it in an election year if they can all avoid it because they don't want the nomination of their replacement to be a political football.

When something like this happens there is no choice but it is a very difficult time and it's certainly going to be something that the Senate is going to have to think about, whether they're going to leave the Supreme Court with just eight Justices and wait until the presidential election to see if a Republican gets elected and will appoint the next nominee or go ahead and fill this vacancy.

I would be very surprised, frankly, if a vacancy can be filled in time for the next term to start when it starts in October, but it's such an unexpected thing, such a sudden thing, it's such a shock, and that's the way these things tend to go.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/13/pete_williams_id_be_very_surprised_if_senate_even_considers_supreme_court_nomination_in_election_year.html
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the macabre Patrick Leahy with blood dripping from his mouth today said let's speed up the process hurry up and nominate . This was even before Scollia's family had been notified in full.

You liberals will soon have America looking like Venezuela.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm really worried about it for two reasons.

It's not like this is going to be the last vacancy for a long time, a couple more will be coming sooner rather than later, maybe even later this year, Ginsberg can barely stay awake anymore.

Does BHO really want to end his term with a loss or stalemate?
Not much of a legacy there. But he still may be dumb enough to try somebody extreme anyway.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
XXXX you sound happy over the death of a great American, no surprise.
However, good luck with your predictions, you'll need it.

troll post.... wow going McVeigh because you can not handle the simple predictions. they must have really gotten under your skin to stalk me.

hahahahah you little troll.

I can not stand this hypocrite that was so stupid that he could not see conflict of interest in hunting with the VP when a case was before him dealing with the VP.

That is how stupid this moron was as a justice, he would not recuse himself in such a case so why even have the recuse yourself law?

I am glad it appears he did not suffer, vs the suffering he has imposed on millions if not hundreds of millions of people.

One could not have scripted a TV dramma as good as this one. So please tell me why my political analysis is not spot on. Watch the huge presidential turn out coming up now when the right stall the nomination...

Note the right wingers were out talking about Obama does not have the right to pick before even a day is over. Or before Obama has even made a decision... so much for the idiot who said dems were making an issue, the right wing top political running for president were out there lying already. They got caught a moderator corrected their lies.

wiki
Quote:

Stay of the Florida recount[edit]

Florida Supreme Court
By December 8, 2000, there had been multiple court decisions regarding the presidential election in Florida[12] and on that date the Florida Supreme Court, by a 4–3 vote, ordered a statewide manual recount.[13] On December 9, the U.S. Supreme Court voted 5–4 to stay the Florida recount, because according to Justice Scalia:

It suffices to say that the issuance of the stay suggests that a majority of the Court, while not deciding the issues presented, believe that the petitioner has a substantial probability of success. The issue is not, as the dissent puts it, whether "counting every legally cast vote can constitute irreparable harm." One of the principal issues in the appeal we have accepted is precisely whether the votes that have been ordered to be counted are, under a reasonable interpretation of Florida law, "legally cast vote[s]." The counting of votes that are of questionable legality does in my view threaten irreparable harm to petitioner Bush, and to the country, by casting a cloud upon what he claims to be the legitimacy of his election. Count first, and rule upon legality afterwards, is not a recipe for producing election results that have the public acceptance democratic stability requires.[14]

The dissenters opined:

Counting every legally cast vote cannot constitute irreparable harm... Preventing the recount from being completed will inevitably cast a cloud on the legitimacy of the election.[14]

The four dissenting justices argued that stopping the recount was an "unwise" violation of "three venerable rules of judicial restraint", namely respecting the opinions of state supreme courts, cautiously exercising jurisdiction when "another branch of the Federal Government" has a large measure of responsibility to resolve the issue, and avoiding making peremptory conclusions on federal constitutional law prior to a full presentation on the issue.

nw30

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any kind of response that you don't agree with, comes from a stalker or a troll, come on Dean, tell us what you really think, don't be shy.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Any kind of response that you don't agree with, comes from a stalker or a troll, come on Dean, tell us what you really think, don't be shy.

yes when the moron does not debate the subject vs internet trolling and stalking. Tell me by nevada stalking law how your post is not meant to threaten or harass me? ie stalking.

was you crying about the facts and opinions that made you mcVeigh... because you can not handle the truth...

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja-human wrote:
nw30 wrote:

yes when the moron does not debate the subject vs internet trolling and stalking. Tell me by nevada stalking law how your post is not meant to threaten or harass me? ie stalking.

was you crying about the facts and opinions that made you mcVeigh... because you can not handle the truth...

Talk about cry babies.... I guess because you used his name, that he openly used for how long, that now makes you a stalker, troll, threat to him? I never seem to see the same reprimand from him when using Bard's or Mike's name in posts. Oh, and I can only imagine how the left would froth at the mouth if they could get a Mr. Gybe's details. Any Nevada judge with an ounce of sense would throw this idiot out of court for being such a whiny kook.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Can't say I'm really worried about it

The next couple of appointments will drive the balance of legislative and constitutional sanity for decades to come, and you're not worried about it? All we have to do is replace Scalia with someone just baaaaaarrrrely left of center and the constitution goes out the window. I realize the left would love that, but that's because they don't comprehend the critical importance of the rule of law.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
baja-human wrote:
nw30 wrote:

Talk about cry babies.... I guess because you used his name, that he openly used for how long, that now makes you a stalker, troll, threat to him? I never seem to see the same reprimand from him when using Bard's or Mike's name in posts. Oh, and I can only imagine how the left would froth at the mouth if they could get a Mr. Gybe's details. Any Nevada judge with an ounce of sense would throw this idiot out of court for being such a whiny kook.

if the people do not care that is their right. also read the doctrine of unclean hands to idiot. Unclean hands basically means once you start it (ie you are a compulsive serial troll) you can not ask for legal help to remedy in civil from what i understand.

And once notified specially repeating it is another issue, i think they call that with malice or intent.. Remember ignorance of the law does not matter, but when is informed of the law well it gets judges to really come down hard.

BYW i posted an example of a right winger from AZ filing in Nevada because he went and read the posts there, and filed on some posters. He had asked people to not use his name. Though for years he had posted under his first and last name and he later changed it.

He PMd me saying he was filing against a bunch, and threatened me, I told him to f himself because first I never used his name and second he always started it with me. So, unclean hands so i challenged him and nope no case was ever filed on me. But I assume he did on several 2-3 because they did never post on any of the forums that they were on. I have no clue to any of real specifics only what he said in PMs, which lead me to believe he did file and was successful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: