myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
right wing supreme court right wing activism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trump says Obama does not have the right to appoint the supreme court justice, does anyone for a micro-second think tump would not be appointing one right away?

just look at what he says about Bush, 2, this is the top right wing vote getter vi polls and what he says... again the right wingers number 1 pick for president.

wpo
Quote:

He didn’t just call George W. Bush’s decision to invade Iraq a disaster – which he has done before – but he blamed him for 9/11 and said that the former president “lied” about the presence of weapons of mass destruction as a pretext for war. “Obviously the war in Iraq was a big, fat mistake,” the frontrunner said at the Peace Center. “George Bush made a mistake. We can make mistakes, but that one was a beauty. We should have never been in Iraq. We have destabilized the Middle East.”

Quote:

Bush’s popularity in the Palmetto State is why Marco Rubio jumped to the 43rd president’s defense as much as his brother. “I thank God all the time that it was George W. Bush in the White House on 9/11 and not Al Gore,” the Florida senator said. “He kept us safe.”

It was one of the biggest applause lines of the night, and it prompted Trump to shout: “I lost hundreds of friends. The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush! He kept us safe? That is not safe!”

Trump calling Bush a liar might have been a bridge too far, Dave Weigel thinks: “Republicans generally believe, against evidence, that Iraq held weapons of mass destruction when America invaded in 2003.

In 2012, a poll conducted by a Dartmouth political scientist found that 63 percent of Republicans still thought this. Last year, a poll from Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Public Mind found a majority of Republicans, 51 percent believed WMD had been found in Iraq.”

seeing the above debate exchange.. again anyone believe the top right wing candidate for president if he was in Obamas shoes would not appoint a supreme court justice?

nw30

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one simple question, Baja-human (noticed I didn't use your real name because it offends you),
do you vote?
Be honest.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Just one simple question, Baja-human (noticed I didn't use your real name because it offends you),
do you vote?
Be honest.

troll post, my name does not offend me you sicko waco troll. Sicko waco right wingers that do harm to people they politically disagree with them offend me.

from right wingers I have a KKK member pull out a gun to threaten me, a rush fan who stole democrats signs a federal offense he was bragging about because he did not get charged in a right wing district, pulled a knife. As a child my father helped the first black family move into out subdivision and we had constant death threats. to the point the police were parked across the street at night for our safety.

Now we have someone making call to people at 3am in the morning trying to harm my business, just in the last week or so. I also have a friends brother murdered in cold blood because he was gay.

That is just my experience with right wing haters stalkers, my black siblings have many more stories to add to it.

I get to vote for federal elections have never missed one.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you ought to move to Cuba, Baja. You'll be safe there amongst like minded people.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how fast were the right wing after the announcement of Supreme justice passing away to making it clear they would deadlock be obstructionists... minutes

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/02/13/3749467/moments-after-scalias-death-is-confirmed-gop-senate-staffer-pledges-to-block-any-obama-replacement/

Quote:
Last night, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died in his sleep. His death was confirmed this afternoon by the Governor of Texas, Greg Abbott:

Scalia’s unexpected passing sets up a politically charged battle to replace him. Mere moments after his death was confirmed, Conn Carroll, a key staffer for Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), promised Republicans would block anyone that Obama nominated.

The longest it has ever taken to confirm a Supreme Court nominee is 125 days. Obama has 361 days left in office.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Sounds like you ought to move to Cuba, Baja. You'll be safe there amongst like minded people.

I was thinking more like Northern Europe, where unions are king, education is granted for all for free, socialized medicine for all, standard of living is the highest in the world. But just to expensive for a foreigner to live there.

With your hate of government and for which it stands and your P-envy of firepower above all, seems you would be best suited where there is virtually no government and infrastructure where the person with the biggest guns rules and you can have any weapon you can aford, Somolia...

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

others are following my point of view I speculated on...

from the WPO

Why blocking Obama’s pick to replace Scalia could cost Republicans their Senate majority

Quote:
Mitch McConnell has decided to wager the Republican majority in the Senate on blocking Barack Obama’s pick for the Supreme Court.
It’s a bold and understandable gambit designed to prevent a leftward lurch in jurisprudence after Antonin Scalia’s unexpected death this weekend, but it could backfire badly.

Assuming the president picks a Hispanic, African American or Asian American – bonus points if she’s a woman – this could be exactly what Democrats need to re-activate the Obama coalition that fueled his victories in 2008 and 2012. Even if he does not go with a minority candidate, the cases on the docket will galvanize voters who are traditionally less likely to turn out.

pointster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Washington Post had an article on the relationship between Justices Scalia and Ginsburg, and a couple of quotes stood out to me:

“As annoyed as you might be about his zinging dissent, he’s so utterly charming, so amusing, so sometimes outrageous, you can’t help but say, ‘I’m glad that he’s my friend or he’s my colleague,’ ” Ginsburg said. Sometimes, she said, she had to pinch herself to not laugh in the courtroom when Scalia said something audacious.

“If you can’t disagree ardently with your colleagues about some issues of law and yet personally still be friends, get another job, for Pete’s sake,” is how Scalia once described their lifetime appointments.

What a contrast to the way some contributors to this forum refer to one another.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Onion said it best: "Justice Scalia Dead Following 30-Year Battle With Social Progress". Pardon me if I don't join the praise for the most radical court justice of our time. He failed to recuse himself in multiple cases where he had at least the appearance of conflicts of interest and bias--evidently having made up his mind well ahead of arguments, regardless of the facts.

As for radical, one needs look no further than Citizens United. As many of moderate persuasion have noted, it was correct to find the legislation that banned the Hillary hit piece, as vile as it was, unconstitutional. The court was correct in finding that such pre-election bans on free speech violate the Bill of Rights. But rather than draw a narrow distinction, as nearly all previous courts had done, which probably would have goaded Congress into enacting legislation that simply required that the source of funding for such hit pieces be identified, Scalia and his colleagues opened the door wide for unrestricted use of dark money.

He was also a radical opponent of environmental protection, and believed that zoning laws, present in this country virtually his entire life and ratified by previous courts, were a taking of private property.

Personal charm does not make up for intellectual dishonesty. Except, perhaps, in a religion where you can get plenary indulgences.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the right wing are somehow claiming a lame duck president should not be allowed to do this. And claiming none have ever done it before.

I ask with their ill logic, (hate propaganda) has a supreme court justice ever died in the last year a president was a lame duck before in the first place to make it so unprecedented as they claim... (noting the dems allowed a Reagan appointee vote and approval and could have stalled it or made such)

Note all the right wing changed the term limits that were not a part of the founders intent without a explanation or limitation that lame duct can not appoint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 3 of 27

Jump to: