myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
right wing supreme court right wing activism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
what do you think NW, should we go a year and a half with 8 Supreme Court justices? Who will be the tie breaker? Sheriff Joe?

In case of a tie, they have the choice to either shelve it until the 9th judge is affirmed, or the judgment of the lower court will stand. There is basically nothing from preventing the Supers to continue as an 8 judge court in the meantime.
And yes I saw the vid, and it is all up to what is considered "extraordinary circumstances", some would consider the possibility of getting rid the 2nd amendment an "extraordinary circumstance".

Who wants to get rid of the 2nd amendment?

It was one of Judge Scalia rulings that reaffirmed the 2nd amendment.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's new? Liberals will do everything possible to keep a conservative from being appointed to the SP. Conservatives will do everything possible to keep a liberal from being appointed to the SP.

It's politics as usual. Why would anyone expect anything else?
pointster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
So what's new? Liberals will do everything possible to keep a conservative from being appointed to the SP. Conservatives will do everything possible to keep a liberal from being appointed to the SP.

It's politics as usual. Why would anyone expect anything else?

True. Obama will exercise his power to appoint, and the Senate will exercise its power to consider the nomination. If the position is still vacant in November, it be a factor in the Presidential and Senate elections. The republican strategy of obstructionism has served them well thus far, so why not continue?

I look forward to finding out what sort of person Trump would nominate. I know it would be someone really great!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scalia was confirmed by a vote of 98-0 in 1975. Of course, that was before the lunatics took over the asylum--er Senate. No hardball questions.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the phrase ADVISE AND CONSENT mean to you? Elections have consequences.

What does the phrase SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED mean to you?

I'd like to see term limits on the SC.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja-human wrote:
yes your so called jokes are sick.

True that, I always get a laugh out of your sick responses.

baja-human wrote:
again you are saying you troll , are a hater, stalker, because you do not like my american right first amendment right to voice my political opinion. That you believe you can stalk, harass, and disclose personal information on me to harm me, certainly was not sought to be a friend.

Please support your claim with proof of stalking with citation in form of quote.Please support your accusation of "disclosing personal information" with the specifics of the information disclosed, supported by specific quotations made by me. Please provide proof that I wish to do you or anyone harm. Please cite quotes that reflect threats aimed towards yourself or anyone else.

Feel free to exercise your first amendment rights, as I will mine.

baja-human wrote:
Canadians are probably my most respected culture as a whole.

Why thank you, I would agree.

baja-human wrote:
But you were not born in Canada in the first place, maybe it is because you do not really have any real home base in your mind. You mentioned how as a kid you were hated or not accepted by the neighbors. It appears there is a reason why....

Please support your statement about where I was born, and being hated. It seems you suffer from poor memory and the inability to keep your facts straight. To set the record straight, I was born in Scarborough General Hospital in Toronto, Ontario. I have resided in the general area my entire life. I have spent plenty of time in Germany, but never lived there. My parents are both German immigrants. Our Scottish neighbors used to call my parents Nazis. My father never entertained their ignorance and bigotry, but instead he brushed their ignorance off and saw them as jealous lazy ignoramus slobs who envied his hard work ethics that led him to succeed.

Any other half truths or outright lies that you would like me to address?
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would reagan do or did he do?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ronald-reagan-supreme-court_us_56c3de8be4b0c3c550532357?ir=Politics%3Fncid%3Dnewsltushpmg00000003

Quote:
Ronald Reagan almost appears to be speaking from beyond the grave to Republicans vowing to block any Supreme Court nominee submitted by President Barack Obama.

In this clip from C-SPAN, the Gipper urges the Democrat-controlled Senate to confirm Anthony Kennedy, who he nominated to the Supreme Court late in 1987. Kennedy was ultimately confirmed in February 1988 by a 97-0 vote.

At the time, Reagan called on all Americans to "join together in a bipartisan effort to fulfill our constitutional obligation of restoring the United States Supreme Court to full strength." He also asked the Senate for "prompt hearings conducted in the spirit of cooperation and bipartisanship."

Unlike today's Republicans, the chair of the Senate judiciary committee did not threaten to block the nomination nor urge Reagan to leave the seat vacant for the next president to fill.

"I'm glad the president has made his choice," said then-Sen. Joe Biden, according to a report in The New York Times from Nov. 12, 1987. "We will get the process under way and move as rapidly as is prudent. We want to conduct the committee's review with both thoroughness and dispatch.'"

Kennedy was actually Reagan's third choice to fill the seat that vacated by Justice Lewis F. Powell Jr., who retired in June 1987. The Senate rejected his first choice, Robert Bork, while his second, Douglas H. Ginsburg, withdrew from consideration when it was revealed he had smoked marijuana.

reagan's first choice was a moron acting and supporting a criminal Nixon firing "saturday night massacre" the special prosecutor for subpoena the nixon tapes. and other issues relating to racism/poll taxes.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
baja-human wrote:
yes your so called jokes are sick.

True that, I always get a laugh out of your sick responses.

baja-human wrote:
again you are saying you troll , are a hater, stalker, because you do not like my american right first amendment right to voice my political opinion. That you believe you can stalk, harass, and disclose personal information on me to harm me, certainly was not sought to be a friend.

Please support your claim with proof of stalking with citation in form of quote.Please support your accusation of "disclosing personal information" with the specifics of the information disclosed, supported by specific quotations made by me. Please provide proof that I wish to do you or anyone harm. Please cite quotes that reflect threats aimed towards yourself or anyone else.

Feel free to exercise your first amendment rights, as I will mine.

baja-human wrote:
Canadians are probably my most respected culture as a whole.

Why thank you, I would agree.

baja-human wrote:
But you were not born in Canada in the first place, maybe it is because you do not really have any real home base in your mind. You mentioned how as a kid you were hated or not accepted by the neighbors. It appears there is a reason why....

Please support your statement about where I was born, and being hated. It seems you suffer from poor memory and the inability to keep your facts straight. To set the record straight, I was born in Scarborough General Hospital in Toronto, Ontario. I have resided in the general area my entire life. I have spent plenty of time in Germany, but never lived there. My parents are both German immigrants. Our Scottish neighbors used to call my parents Nazis. My father never entertained their ignorance and bigotry, but instead he brushed their ignorance off and saw them as jealous lazy ignoramus slobs who envied his hard work ethics that led him to succeed.

Any other half truths or outright lies that you would like me to address?

so you are saying definitively if I list one piece of information about me you posted that was not told by me you will never post on this form ever again?

as far as your birth I would need to see your birth certificate... you could be another Cruz? what I remember (did not take notes) is you noting that as growing up how the neighbor(s) considered you the Nazi family or something like that as immigrants. Obviously got that somewhat correct from what you said. I would not assume they would call kids born in Canada Nazis is my error., but obviously they could do that.

and we agree you harass me all the time that is called trolling... as far as trolling, you agree that is a psychological sickness, specially when it is done compulsively? Will you also take my challenge again if you start it more than I the provocateur never posts on this forum ever again?

even the Canadian culture can have exceptions to the rule, and you are certainly one out of some 35 million I do not respect.

as far as stalking, same we use the nevada state laws I posted several times, and if you violated it one time you never post on this board again?

and as far as do harm you do not do the above to be friends do ya. You do those to try to harm.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is where I saw plural not one family more than one/many calling you that, and not just your parents but you... are you now correcting your lies?

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252075&highlight=nazi#252075

NP wrote:
Let me preface my reply with "kiss my ass!" Why do you ask, because I'm of German decent? If so, thank you, you racist bigot. When my parents moved to Canada our neighbours would call my parents and us Nazis. Thank you neighbour.

Anyway, I'm done with your supreme stupidity (for now, maybe) unless I read another one of your hypocritical posts again. Rage on.

feuser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
What does the phrase ADVISE AND CONSENT mean to you? Elections have consequences.

What does the phrase SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED mean to you?

I'd like to see term limits on the SC.

The lifetime appointments are supposed to isolate and protect the SC from being fired and replaced as politically expedient.

You should understand that, if you understand the principle of separation of government.

BTW, what does WELL-REGULATED mean to you?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 6 of 27

Jump to: