myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 107, 108, 109  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
The thing that really stands out about Buttigieg is that he is such an accomplished and polished speaker. Virtually no pauses or empty words moving through what he says. On top of that, he is such a thoughtful and pragmatic guy that I think really understands folks from both the left and right.

Regarding some reference to Bill Clinton, we know both of them were Rhoads Scholars. No doubt, a laudable achievement that is reflective of notable intellect and standout performance.

The problem with Buttigieg is that he just hasn't been able to move the needle on the black vote. Biden seems to own that. I'm not sure how one does that without coming across as pandering. But, Warren and Sanders don't seem to be able to do much better.

Bill Clinton was able to engage the black voters. Clinton was a once in a generation political talent. I never liked him...thought he was a sleaze. But, he could sure communicate.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Glad you think so.. Personally I am hoping for a pragmatic, free trade, fiscally conservative, socially moderate President...which lands me in the minority in this country.

Wow!!! you sound like 90% of the republicans I know...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
swchandler wrote:
The thing that really stands out about Buttigieg is that he is such an accomplished and polished speaker. Virtually no pauses or empty words moving through what he says. On top of that, he is such a thoughtful and pragmatic guy that I think really understands folks from both the left and right.

Regarding some reference to Bill Clinton, we know both of them were Rhoads Scholars. No doubt, a laudable achievement that is reflective of notable intellect and standout performance.

The problem with Buttigieg is that he just hasn't been able to move the needle on the black vote. Biden seems to own that. I'm not sure how one does that without coming across as pandering. But, Warren and Sanders don't seem to be able to do much better.

Bill Clinton was able to engage the black voters. Clinton was a once in a generation political talent. I never liked him...thought he was a sleaze. But, he could sure communicate.

Buttigieg is like a white goofy Obama.. That's actually a compliment... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="vientomas"]
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Matty is a classic bully. Was bullied as a kid. Sees Trump as the bully who will protect him. Rants about me being old--but is at home not working and not sailing to instantly call people names.

Sad.

Wrong on all counts........I only call assholes names...

Then you must spend a lot of time talking to yourself in the mirror darlin' Smile

120lbs and talk like a girl....hmmm I'm starting to think you are either a girl or a homosexual(the feminine type) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing

Man I have really got under your THIN skin.. love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mat-ty on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as moving the needle on the black vote, I think more recent history unfortunately reflects a lack of support for gays. For Buttigieg that will represent an uphill battle.

While the black vote isn't a huge voting block, you're absolutely right that the Democratic leader in the race still must have significant black support to come out on top in the Democratic party's nomination strategy.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Glad you think so.. Personally I am hoping for a pragmatic, free trade, fiscally conservative, socially moderate President...which lands me in the minority in this country.

Then most of them probably didn't vote for Trump, as none of the above applies to him....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Then most of them probably didn't vote for Trump, as none of the above applies to him....

BS.....no one has worked harder for free and fair trade than trump..no one

Social moderate... as much as anyone before him..including obama who was against gay marriage before he was not.

Pragmatic...stopping useless wars and and ending regime changes works for me....it used to work for liberals till their brains got clouded by hate..

Fiscally conservative is a tall order in today's America. Controlling our borders and ending useless wars would save us trillions....remind me how many times you bitched about the cost of Iraq??????????
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Social moderate... as much as anyone before him..including obama who was against gay marriage before he was not.

Pragmatic...stopping useless wars and and ending regime changes works for me....it used to work for liberals till their brains got clouded by hate..

Fiscally conservative is a tall order in today's America. Controlling our borders and ending useless wars would save us trillions....remind me how many times you bitched about the cost of Iraq??????????

You're funny. There is nothing about "Free Trade" with Trump's policies ,a nd he's proud of his economic nationalism.. Peter Navarro is calling the shots, and he's not a free trader at all. Bill Clinton was the biggest advocate for free trade in our countries history.

Matty, I'm just going to pretend you didn't say what you just did...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

You're funny. There is nothing about "Free Trade" with Trump's policies ,a nd he's proud of his economic nationalism.. Peter Navarro is calling the shots, and he's not a free trader at all. Bill Clinton was the biggest advocate for free trade in our countries history.

Matty, I'm just going to pretend you didn't say what you just did...

Bill Clinton ??????? created the rust belt...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 42 of 109

Jump to: