myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 107, 108, 109  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Matty

I do watch FOX news some. Not a lot because I don't watch TV news much at all. I prefer to read the news and I read CNN, FOX to get counterpoints. I listen to NPR but double check their news since they used to be a liberal source...better now. I do watch Seth Meyers who used to be a comedian but now all he has to do to get laughs is report, accurately, the daily news on Trump.

I prefer to have more than one source tell me what to think.

If you watch one show on Fox, make it Tucker Carlson. Only one I watch

I told my wife if I'm ever rotting on the couch watching cable news at night to go out into the woodshed, grab a 4X4 and come back in the house and hit me in the back of the head... That's no way to live, but millions of Americans saddle up with their favorite propaganda every night for hours at a time...

Hmmm you have no shortage of Rachel Madcow talking points... maybe you listen or watch more than you think....

Speak for yourself son. I don't watch MSNBC ever. Your verbiage is ridiculously similar to the clowncar that is FoxNews primetime. If I watched 30 minutes of Hannity, then perused the Drudge Report for 5 minutes, I'd have all of your thought leadership summarized in a minute.

Matty, I'm a money grubbing free market capitalist/globalist...Rachel and I don't see eye to eye. Be sure to thank your sons for paying off the $200B in new Repo debt the FED took on last month to prop up the stock market...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Matty

I do watch FOX news some. Not a lot because I don't watch TV news much at all. I prefer to read the news and I read CNN, FOX to get counterpoints. I listen to NPR but double check their news since they used to be a liberal source...better now. I do watch Seth Meyers who used to be a comedian but now all he has to do to get laughs is report, accurately, the daily news on Trump.

I prefer to have more than one source tell me what to think.

If you watch one show on Fox, make it Tucker Carlson. Only one I watch

I told my wife if I'm ever rotting on the couch watching cable news at night to go out into the woodshed, grab a 4X4 and come back in the house and hit me in the back of the head... That's no way to live, but millions of Americans saddle up with their favorite propaganda every night for hours at a time...

Hmmm you have no shortage of Rachel Madcow talking points... maybe you listen or watch more than you think....

Speak for yourself son. I don't watch MSNBC ever. Your verbiage is ridiculously similar to the clowncar that is FoxNews primetime. If I watched 30 minutes of Hannity, then perused the Drudge Report for 5 minutes, I'd have all of your thought leadership summarized in a minute.

Matty, I'm a money grubbing free market capitalist/globalist...Rachel and I don't see eye to eye. Be sure to thank your sons for paying off the $200B in new Repo debt the FED took on last month to prop up the stock market...

Is that the same FOX news that destroyed the Mueller report and has exposed the left and their illegal plot to bring down Trump?????

Hold on to your mocha latte dude, the best is yet to come...

Thank god for Fox and others for their hard work and excellent investigating journalism. No doubt you hate them, they have been pissing on your parade for years.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty, I don't hate them. I know its your mother's milk, so I wont be too harsh, you depend on it every night to shape your worldview, I get it.
Here is another friendly Trump get together, I'm sure you'll enjoy this one:

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Fireworks-fly-at-Sevier-County-Commission-meeting--563596251.html

FYI- I enjoy Cafe Americano--that's a double shot of espresso, and some hot water on top.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Matty, I don't hate them. I know its your mother's milk, so I wont be too harsh, you depend on it every night to shape your worldview, I get it.

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Fireworks-fly-at-Sevier-County-Commission-meeting--563596251.html

FYI- I enjoy Cafe Americano--that's a double shot of espresso, and some hot water on top.

Thats a cheap shot dude and hardly represent your average conservative...

Just for the record nitwit there are several regulars on fox who are gay..Guy benson, the ambassador to Germany, Tammy Bruce liz Cheney, and many others...
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

Anyone who begins a sentence with: "I'm not prejudiced...", is in fact, prejudiced.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Just for the record nitwit there are several regulars on fox who are gay..Guy benson, the ambassador to Germany, Tammy Bruce liz Cheney, and many others...

Really? That's a large group of people in a room in Tennessee chearing and clapping as the County Commissioner goes off on a rant. You think these folks are living in a vacuum?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
What NW. You claim someone has "no convictions" and then claim they are over reacting when they push back? Funny guy. I've been looking for one of your posts to not be an insult to someone and it is hard to find any.

Yikes!

Just a question NW. Is your life more about building something or is it more about dismantling what others build?
Both, building a strong economy, and dismantling the swamp, progress being made in both categories.

And, you should be looking at your own posts for insults, "But, don't pretend like, somehow, you have a moral high ground here", they are very easy to find.
But don't consider you being offered a drink (it's free), an insult.
The liberal/progressives are so sensitive lately, but I suppose that does make sense. It's a beautiful day! Cool

Dismantling the swamp? The most stupid thing you have ever posted. Here is a new swamp denizen he just appointed.
Stupid?
I guess you don't know what "swamp" really means, lifers in the government either appointed, elected, or just hired as gophers or staff. All of which have been there so long, inside the DC bubble, that they have become more concerned about themselves and their party, than they are the country.
Somebody, anybody, just appointed can't be a member of the swamp, there is no moss growing on him, that takes years.
So a conservative is not automatically a member of the swamp, just because he's a conservative. You have your own definitions which makes you unusually strange, over half the country can't be swamp dwellers in the eyes of logical thinking people. Just more pseudo "critical thinking" on your part which makes you sound desperate.
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phrase drain the swamp was originally popularized to reference the literal removal of water from marshy areas. Removing the water would also remove mosquitos, alligators, and other creatures that depended on the water.

Drain the swamp has since been adopted by politicians who use the phrase as a metaphor that means to “root out corruption.” You may have heard that drain the swamp is a reference to the United States’ capital, Washington, D.C., being built on swampland; however, that myth has been debunked. It has also been rumored that drain the swamp was taken from Italian dictator Benito Mussolini, who was known to use the phrase “drenare la palude” (Italian for drain the swamp). While it is true that Mussolini used that phrase, it was sometimes in reference to literal swamps outside of Rome known as the Pontine marshes which were drained to prevent the spread of malaria (see above).

It’s also been found that the phrase was already in use before Mussolini helped form Italy’s Fascist Party in 1919. So there.

One of the earliest users was Victor L. Berger, a founding member of the Social Democratic Party of America. In a book called Capital Opinion, published in 1912, Berger wrote, “We should have to drain the swamp — change the capitalist system — if we want to get rid of those mosquitos.”

Drain the swamp has since been used by members of different political parties. Republican President Ronald Reagan used the phrase in his 1976 presidential campaign, stating, “Sometimes, when you are up to your elbows in alligators, it is hard to remember your original objective was to drain the swamp. I think we can drain the swamp. We can take on the Washington system. We can change from remote control to personal control of our lives.”

Shortly after being elected Speaker of the House in 1996, Democratic Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi said she would drain the swamp in a Congress that had long been controlled by the GOP.

But, the phrase has most recently been used by President Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential race. Drain the swamp started as one of the Trump campaign slogan and has been employed by the Trump White House in tweets and other official statements since the 45th president took office in January, 2017.

I will Make Our Government Honest Again — believe me. But first, I’m going to have to #DrainTheSwamp in DC. https://t.co/m1lMAQPnIb

https://www.dictionary.com/e/politics/drain-the-swamp/
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
What NW. You claim someone has "no convictions" and then claim they are over reacting when they push back? Funny guy. I've been looking for one of your posts to not be an insult to someone and it is hard to find any.

Yikes!

Just a question NW. Is your life more about building something or is it more about dismantling what others build?
Both, building a strong economy, and dismantling the swamp, progress being made in both categories.

And, you should be looking at your own posts for insults, "But, don't pretend like, somehow, you have a moral high ground here", they are very easy to find.
But don't consider you being offered a drink (it's free), an insult.
The liberal/progressives are so sensitive lately, but I suppose that does make sense. It's a beautiful day! Cool

Dismantling the swamp? The most stupid thing you have ever posted. Here is a new swamp denizen he just appointed.
Stupid?
I guess you don't know what "swamp" really means, lifers in the government either appointed, elected, or just hired as gophers or staff. All of which have been there so long, inside the DC bubble, that they have become more concerned about themselves and their party, than they are the country.
Somebody, anybody, just appointed can't be a member of the swamp, there is no moss growing on him, that takes years.
So a conservative is not automatically a member of the swamp, just because he's a conservative. You have your own definitions which makes you unusually strange, over half the country can't be swamp dwellers in the eyes of logical thinking people. Just more pseudo "critical thinking" on your part which makes you sound desperate.

I guess I should never say “most stupid” and challenge the nit wit to go lower.

You want to redefine swamp dweller, as you would bigot, to turn the accepted meaning on its head. The traditional meaning of drain the swamp is to end corruption. Trump has made corruption his administration’s business plan, and has appointed lobbyists to steal public resources and eliminate public health protections. We can see you smiling and cheering.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Really? That's a large group of people in a room in Tennessee chearing and clapping as the County Commissioner goes off on a rant. You think these folks are living in a vacuum?

let's just be thankful they are not wearing black mask and carry bike chains and hammers like the basement dwellers on the left.

Shameful; how little condemnation these thugs get from the left...And that's nation wide, not in bum fuck Alabama....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 47 of 109

Jump to: