myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 107, 108, 109  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the weeds and waiting.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REPUBLICAN SCARE-MONGERING ON “SANCTUARY CITIES” BACKFIRES, DEMOCRATS WIN BIG UPSET IN FLORIDA SPECIAL ELECTION

Quote:
IN A SPECIAL election on Tuesday, Florida’s Republicans took a page from Ed Gillespie’s playbook and deployed the threat of “sanctuary cities” to scare up the votes to win.

And, as it did in Virginia, the book ended the same way, with Republicans losing at the polls. Democrat Margaret Good beat Republican James Buchanan, son of Rep. Vern Buchanan, 52-45 percent, after Trump had carried the Sarasota district a year ago.

After weeks of dodging forums with the other candidates, Buchanan raised the sanctuary issue in a debate with Good and libertarian Alison Foxall in late January. “I do think as far as sanctuary cities are concerned, we should not have any sanctuary cities here in the state of Florida,” he said. “We shouldn’t be harboring illegal immigrants.”

jp5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture of Obama sitting in Spermwood Forrest. A real tribute to his legacy. Rolling Eyes
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an image of Che Guevara , Malcom X , or a Dead Cop in the background would have captured the essences of his character much better. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the more interesting question than who the Democrat will be is who the Republican candidate will be. I have this feeling it won't be Trump. The man does not seem very happy and he has the ability to reinvent facts to suit him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the man declare himself a success and not run again.

OK here it comes...Matty say something stupid, angry or racist...
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
If Trump loses, the economy goes to hell. Be careful what you wish for dodo.

The economy was doing just fine without him. Everything was getting better over time since 2009. He just gave a boost to corporate America in terms of regulation rollback, tax breaks etc. It really stimulated the stock market without any real effort or outcome, just the thought of things getting even better made for a certain type of euphoria. Not many long term changes to wages as they too were on the rise. Once part time workers saturate then full time workers will follow, it's really supply and demand.
If he leaves we may lose 20% on the Dow and S&P but for me that's a small price to pay.
Coal jobs are NEVER coming back as he promised, and jobs in the four states he clinched the election with are NEVER coming back (manufacturing in the rust belt) unless those people are re-trained to deal with the new economy.
That's just the way it is, so I would say "see ya, don't wanna be ya!"
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I think the more interesting question than who the Democrat will be is who the Republican candidate will be. I have this feeling it won't be Trump. The man does not seem very happy and he has the ability to reinvent facts to suit him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the man declare himself a success and not run again.

I predicted Trump drops out weeks ago at the end of his first term, and hopefully Nikki Healy runs.

I would rather say something stupid or racist(IYO) than be a spineless coward.
Your inability to criticize Obama is very revealing, not only that you are a hypocrite but a light weight.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

I predicted Trump drops out weeks ago at the end of his first term, and hopefully Nikki Healy runs.

I would rather say something stupid or racist(IYO) than be a spineless coward.
Your inability to criticize Obama is very revealing, not only that you are a hypocrite but a light weight.

OK, so not seven more and then Nikki, got it.
Why should I criticize someone who's time has come and gone. I did that already when he was in office. No one is perfect, especially politicians.
Hypocrite and lightweight, sure right!
You are still what you are. Smile A horses arse!
I may have criticized him for his policies while he was in office, but not for his ethnicity or religious beliefs. That's your territory.
Oh and let's not forget Trump and his birther movement. Maybe Trump will release his tax returns, then we can call them FAKE like he did with Obama's birth certificate.
Really it's just exhuasting even thinking about it.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty

You disappeared for about three years after Romney lost. You have no idea what criticisms I have of the Obama Administration or some of the legislation and policies.

Once again. You have offered no basis or substantiation for your opinion (biases more accurately). See. Just because I don't fall in line with YOUR view of him doesn't mean I agreed with everything he did as President. Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a lightweight, spineless or a coward.

Again, thanks for your assessment of me. I don't have a lot of respect for anything your write any longer. So, it sorta feels like vindication.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaha, moron. His official WH portrait. Hahahahaha

Said African-American, Kehinde Wiley, has a history of painting portraits depicting black people beheading white people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 10 of 109

Jump to: