myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Amazing effectiveness
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Obama's Amazing effectiveness Reply with quote

From the National Memo:

Quote:
In March 2008, President George W. Bush’s approval rating was about 32 percent, according to Gallup, and the Labor Department reported unemployment rate had just risen to 5.1 percent.

In March of 1984, President Ronald Reagan’s approval was 51 percent with a 5.7 unemployment rate.

In March of 2016, President Barack Obama’s approval rating is around 50 percent, a three-year high, with a 4.9 percent unemployment rate, an eight year low.

Comparing these two top-line statistics to the last two-term Republican presidents nearing the dusk of their service is a good way to get Republicans to start fuming with excuses, citing statistics they’d never cared about before or explaining that Obama’s popularity just doesn’t count.

It wasn't enough to rescue an economy hemorrhaging jobs and threatening the world economy--but layoffs are now at a 33 year low. Unemployment claims are below 0.2% of the workforce. True there are structural problems with the nature of jobs--problems that were baked in the economy before Clinton and made worse by the trade deals.

Fewer people without health insurance, the elimination of nearly all of the uranium in Iran. Could put the genies back in the box after Bush and Cheney turned them loose, but an excellent job with the hand he was dealt.

Trump's negatives are over 50%. You go guys.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess: he pissed off millions of Democrats so thoroughly that they are now GOP and/or Trump supporters (20,000 and counting in MA alone).
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His effectiveness that continues to this day~

On Campaigning~
BHO: “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”
BHO: "Argue With Friend and Neighbors Get In Their Face!"
BHO: “It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

Campaign promises~
BHO: “Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now.”
BHO: “ What we have done is kicked this can down the road. We are now at the end of the road and are not in a position to kick it any further. We have to signal seriousness in this by making sure some of the hard decisions are made under my watch, not someone else’s.”
BHO: “It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.”
BHO: “I fought with you in the Senate for comprehensive immigration reform. And I will make it a top priority in my first year as President.”

I could go on but it get boring after awhile.
But BHO should be happy that his campaigning tactics continue to this day, just ask a recipient, Trump.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you refer to the 2 -term president with a 51% approval rating as BHO? Did you refer to Bush as GHWB, or WJC for Bill, or GWB for Shrub?
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "H" in BHO keeps the Muslim part of the equation alive. I'm sure that some on the right still believe that President Obama is really a Muslim. Could it be that NW30 is one of them?
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
The "H" in BHO keeps the Muslim part of the equation alive. I'm sure that some on the right still believe that President Obama is really a Muslim. Could it be that NW30 is one of them?

Very interesting that you and boggsy should bring that up, and not me, or anyone else here that I can think of, and after all this time, nine years at least.
You do know that referring to any prez. by his initials, is something that goes way back before you were born.
It probably reflects more on you guys, being the ones who are concerned about it, than it does me.
Why are you concerned about it now?
He's on his way out, thank god.

A better question would be, why don't you guys ever refer to him as BHO?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFK?

Is there a Muslim reference in there somewhere?

No day is complete without a liberal insinuating or claiming that a conservative must be a racist, or that they must "hate" someone.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
swchandler wrote:

Very interesting that you and boggsy should bring that up, and not me, or anyone else here that I can think of, and after all this time, nine years at least.
You do know that referring to any prez. by his initials, is something that goes way back before you were born.
It probably reflects more on you guys, being the ones who are concerned about it, than it does me.
Why are you concerned about it now?
He's on his way out, thank god.

A better question would be, why don't you guys ever refer to him as BHO?

I refer to him as Mr. President. Or sometimes, the Obama bull market, or maybe even Mr . 51%, not to be confused with Mr. 34%(W).
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LBJ?
Dwight D. ?
Harry S. ?
Franklin D. ?

You friggen racists!
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting the initials thing aside, there are those on the right that refer to the president as Barak Hussein Obama. Sometimes there is even some emphasis attached to the Hussein part of it, and again, we all know that some goofy folks still insist that Obama is a Muslim. Wasn't it Donald Trump that boldly proclaimed that Obama wasn't born in the US, suggesting like many on the right have, that Obama was born in Kenya or Indonesia.

But for now, I'll give NW30 the benefit of doubt, and take it that BHO was being used just like he would for FDR, JFK and LBJ, with no negativity involved.

NP, what's with racist spiel? You usually save that kind of dialog for mac or Baja.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 1 of 75

Jump to: