myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2 Blogs: while the NPH vacations & UnTrump forecast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: 2 Blogs: while the NPH vacations & UnTrump forecast Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

Where did all the powerful NW wind of last week go? Here is the answer in imagery:

http://blog.weatherflow.com/while-the-north-pacific-high-vacations/

And what's with all the weasel words in the extended forecast for the rest of the week:

http://blog.weatherflow.com/cut-off-low-trumps-forecast-confidence/

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Weatheflow.com

Cut-Off LowANIM2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.28 MB
 Viewed:  12103 Time(s)

Cut-Off LowANIM2.gif

EricRodriguezUS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: NPH Vacation Reply with quote

One of the most NPH vacation destinations in Currently enjoying, the vacation palace in the municipality of forecast can be visited until the end of November.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnTrump forecast involving "weasel words"?
Wouldn't that be the same as a Hillary forecast?

You're showing your colors. Wink
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the explanation given by Mike Godsey regarding why the particular forecast couldn't be as certain as the way Donald Trump usually speaks was non-partisan. I also agree with nw30 that another way to say the forecast has to be given in something like weasel words would be to use the phrase, Hillary's words.

I think both sentences above are non-partisan because supporters of Donald Trump tend to be proud of his tendency to speak with certainty while supporters of Hillary Clinton tend to be proud of her tendency to speak with qualifiers. Both sides think those characteristics make their candidate a better candidate for president.
windfind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
UnTrump forecast involving "weasel words"?
Wouldn't that be the same as a Hillary forecast?

You're showing your colors. Wink

Hi nw30, I think you missed my attempt at subtle humor or maybe I was too obscure.

Politicians of all stripes speak with far more certainty than reality allows. Scientists, especially in meteorology, deal with probabilities and little certainty. But I have learned the hard way that when it comes to wind many of our customers hate "weasel words" in the forecast.

So in that forecast I tried to poke fun at my "weasel word" forecast using a play on words. Since Trump often speaks with absolute certainty and since during the Cut-Off Low I had almost no certainty I loaded my forecast with "weasel words" and called it an "untrump forecast" In retrospect I was too subtle.

Incidentally as to my "colors"... So far in my life I have not voted in any election for anyone of any party at any level. I just don't like politicians. This election will be different. I still will not vote for any one but I will cast a vote against someone.

Don't bother pointing out my inconsistency. It is just my cognitive trick to avoid thinking that I would ever vote for a politician.

Moderators: Please move this post to off topic.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: