myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Does anyone host airbnb in the east bay area?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Does anyone host airbnb in the east bay area? Reply with quote

Hi folks

I was looking at the airbnb places to stay for a week and its kind of boring not to see
boards or any gear on the pics of the places.
Does anyone host airbnb in the east bay area?

I am looking for a room to stay for a week of June 2 to June 9 until I can find a permanent place (relocating from Boston), or maybe less than a week.
Will be sweet to stay with windsurfing people!
I will have a board with me (few sails too), will rent a car and will be working most of the time while looking for places around and windsurfing in between Smile
I think I am fun and for sure very active and I windsurf as much as I can. I am not a super quiet talker, but I can force myself into it Smile Oh, I am also a software engineer so I actually can be quiet while working and sit still.

PS. I'm taking two sails with me and was thinking 4.2 and 5.0 for my 91l flare. Will be this ok for Rio? Will need to use it until our boxes arrive in mid-June so this will be my only gear (I can rent I guess, but prefer not to).
Also, what's the story with Internet access at Sherman? I can work from anywhere if there is decent service that lets me vpn.

Elena
dllee

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman Island is an hour drive from Berkeley, when there is no traffic. Traffic on the 680/4 corridor is among the worse in the Bay Area on weekday mornings and afternoons.
Berkeley Marina is in Berkeley, so no more than a 20 minute drive even from above the UC Campus. You might need a 5.7 for Berkeley.
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Sherman Island is an hour drive from Berkeley, when there is no traffic. Traffic on the 680/4 corridor is among the worse in the Bay Area on weekday mornings and afternoons.
Berkeley Marina is in Berkeley, so no more than a 20 minute drive even from above the UC Campus. You might need a 5.7 for Berkeley.

Ah, my bad. Actually planning to be close to Sherman permanently but I put east bay in the title by mistake.
Agree on traffic, no way I want to deal with this on a daily basis unless it is the only place where it's blowing.
LeeD

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look into Extended Stay Motels, and there should be some in Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburg, or Antioch.
The main hotel in the town of Rio Vista used to be 45 a night.
Arrgh

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and Motel 6 used to be $6 a night. Two possibilities: Rio Viento RV Park has a couple of trailers at $600 a week. Launch from there or drive 2 miles to County Park for more consistent wind. Slow internet as of right now. Best Western Plus Delta Hotel is just over the Antioch bridge. Not a pretty area but very close to SI. Three Mile Slough bridge (between Rio Vista and Sherman Island) will have one way traffic all summer. Long backups on Thursday and Friday PM northbound and Saturday and Sunday PM southbound.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sherman island were my primary sailing potential, I would look in RioVista, 2 crappy motels. Or Lodi , about 30 mi east, not much traffic, no bridge toll and a In n Out burger.
Across to Antioch or Pittsburg , nicer motels, some crappy areas plus toll.

Craigslist .. Could be a option.

Traffic and traffic jams in this area on any longer commute are normal.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Arrgh

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try Airbnb Rio Vista or Brentwood. Cottages at Viera's in Isleton. Lodi? Crazy truck traffic on Hiway 12. Three draw bridges between you and Sherman Island.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennis_c wrote:
You might try Airbnb Rio Vista or Brentwood. Cottages at Viera's in Isleton. Lodi? Crazy truck traffic on Hiway 12. Three draw bridges between you and Sherman Island.

Your options are valid . I have to chuckle about the truck traffic on 12, makes one think their are no trucks on 4, 80, 880, 680, 580.

The commute to Lodi was painless and I recall never getting stuck cause of a draw bridge.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear there are big delays these days on the Brannan Island bridge. It is being repainted and is down to one lane. Someone yesterday said the delay during peak times is over an hour.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
mark

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmoecho,

PM me if you are interested in renting a house on Sherman Island. Not available for a just a week, looking for a longer term renter. 3 bedroom 2 bath house 100 yards from the Sacramento River. 1 1/2 miles from the county park.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: