myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
World class DB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Besides the LA Times poll, name one other , please. His speech right now is a disgrace... Replace globalism, with "Americanism"...How will that work? How do we disassemble Walmart, HomeDepot, Costco, and ALL the large retailers in the US? Or Apple? This will be the most inflationary event since the 1970's....look out below.

Tell that to the people in the fly over states who have seen 60,000 factories close. . You know the deplorables that the leftist on both coast could give a rats ass about. The heartland has been decimated by NAFTA..

Pretty ignorant comment Matty, even for you. The genie has left the bottle, this train started in the 80's, and accelerated in the 90's. We are a global economy, and manufacturing has left the country in all 50 states. Are you suggesting reversing 30 years of global capitalism, and forcing companies to bring manufacturing home? We would lose thousands of businesses overnight, and the basket of deplorables would then be permanent Democrats...

Little testy there, what's the matter poll number's got you down?

I repeat, tell that to the millions in the flyover states that have no jobs. Whole bunch more this week as Ford moves another plant to Meheco.
So ya , corporate profits okay and your beloved stock market good but the folks in the middle have no work and dignity in sight.
Your buddy Bloomberg says its been okay at best.
We are the largest economy and consumers on earth , no ones leaving overnight. Mexico now has almost as many auto workers as US. HAVE YOU FLOWN OVER DETROIT LATLEY?

Ford has a message to Donald Trump: We're not going anywhere.
The automaker quickly shot down Donald Trump's latest hyperbolic claim, made on Fox News Thursday, that Ford plans to "fire all its employees in the United States" as part of a plan to build a plant in Mexico.
Ford said there will be zero job losses in the U.S. as a result of the new plant in Mexico. The Wayne, Michigan, plant that now builds the Focus and C-Max that will move to Mexico will instead start building other models -- probably the new Ford Bronco SUV and Ranger small pickup.

The company has 85,000 U.S. employees, up 28,000, or nearly 50%, in just the last five years. It has 8,800 employees at Mexican plants, and will add 2,800 jobs there when the new $1.6 billion plant opens there in 2018.
Ford committed to build new vehicles at the Michigan Assembly Plant to take the place of the Focus and C-Max when it reached a new contract late last year with the United Auto Workers union, which represents 3,900 hourly workers at the plant.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/15/news/companies/ford-trump-jobs/index.html
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Besides the LA Times poll, name one other , please. His speech right now is a disgrace... Replace globalism, with "Americanism"...How will that work? How do we disassemble Walmart, HomeDepot, Costco, and ALL the large retailers in the US? Or Apple? This will be the most inflationary event since the 1970's....look out below.

Tell that to the people in the fly over states who have seen 60,000 factories close. . You know the deplorables that the leftist on both coast could give a rats ass about. The heartland has been decimated by NAFTA..

Pretty ignorant comment Matty, even for you. The genie has left the bottle, this train started in the 80's, and accelerated in the 90's. We are a global economy, and manufacturing has left the country in all 50 states. Are you suggesting reversing 30 years of global capitalism, and forcing companies to bring manufacturing home? We would lose thousands of businesses overnight, and the basket of deplorables would then be permanent Democrats...

Little testy there, what's the matter poll number's got you down?

I repeat, tell that to the millions in the flyover states that have no jobs. Whole bunch more this week as Ford moves another plant to Meheco.
So ya , corporate profits okay and your beloved stock market good but the folks in the middle have no work and dignity in sight.
Your buddy Bloomberg says its been okay at best.
We are the largest economy and consumers on earth , no ones leaving overnight. Mexico now has almost as many auto workers as US. HAVE YOU FLOWN OVER DETROIT LATLEY?

Ford has a message to Donald Trump: We're not going anywhere.
The automaker quickly shot down Donald Trump's latest hyperbolic claim, made on Fox News Thursday, that Ford plans to "fire all its employees in the United States" as part of a plan to build a plant in Mexico.
Ford said there will be zero job losses in the U.S. as a result of the new plant in Mexico. The Wayne, Michigan, plant that now builds the Focus and C-Max that will move to Mexico will instead start building other models -- probably the new Ford Bronco SUV and Ranger small pickup.

The company has 85,000 U.S. employees, up 28,000, or nearly 50%, in just the last five years. It has 8,800 employees at Mexican plants, and will add 2,800 jobs there when the new $1.6 billion plant opens there in 2018.
Ford committed to build new vehicles at the Michigan Assembly Plant to take the place of the Focus and C-Max when it reached a new contract late last year with the United Auto Workers union, which represents 3,900 hourly workers at the plant.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/15/news/companies/ford-trump-jobs/index.html

Vietnam....They are not going anywhere but are building a new plant in Mexico?.

Zero jobs lost in America but new ones in Mexico ? Right......that equals less in America in my book..

Did you really write that?

Last edited by mat-ty on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly empathize with those who have lost their jobs, and to see what has happened is quite sad...Again, let me ask a Republican, which I assume you are, are you suggesting we roll back 30-40 years of globalization, and force/incentivize companies to move their manufacturing back to the US? Please answer the question, otherwise you sound just like McCain, Mittens , and Trump who are all just grandstanding.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I certainly empathize with those who have lost their jobs, and to see what has happened is quite sad...Again, let me ask a Republican, which I assume you are, are you suggesting we roll back 30-40 years of globalization, and force/incentivize companies to move their manufacturing back to the US? Please answer the question, otherwise you sound just like McCain, Mittens , and Trump who are all just grandstanding.

Sure , lower corporate taxes and rethink the union strangle hold on companies. Bring back some dreaded national pride, and get people to work.
I would rather pay a little more for a product if I knew it would put an American back to work.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

Emulate Germany - quality of product is first and foremost to product manufactured. Change union culture to one that is not a race to the bottom, but that of working with the company in obtaining a fantastic product that creates more jobs, higher market value of the product produced which translates to greater pay and benefits to the union members....(not the "let's have a pissing match over everything, and screw the company / members over mentality -- entitled on both sides ). Create a culture of being the best, not just saying your the best by creating unmatched pride in work, and an attitude of giving from both sides of management and worker. Plenty of superb quality products already come out of the US. Success leaves clues, so see what these companies do, and let them advise and copy.
Do not lower corporate tax rates, but provide grants, or low interest loans for technology, machinery, etc. that increase productivity and quality of product. Cap corporate bonuses through IRS rulings to keep money invested in the companies, and stop the corporate rape that kills reinvesting in the corporation to further quality, tech, and productivity.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Sure , lower corporate taxes and rethink the union strangle hold on companies. Bring back some dreaded national pride, and get people to work.
I would rather pay a little more for a product if I knew it would put an American back to work.

That wont do it. When the GAP pays 25% of US wages to make a shirt in Bangladesh, or Mexico, there is no way to compete, unless you rip up decades old trade deals. Unfortunately, your patriotism does not extend to the majority of familes in this country who flock to Walmart for the best deal , daily. Good luck unwinding a $600,000,000,000 business with a founding family who is worth $100,000,000,000.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

That wont do it. When the GAP pays 25% of US wages to make a shirt in Bangladesh, or Mexico, there is no way to compete, unless you rip up decades old trade deals. Unfortunately, your patriotism does not extend to the majority of familes in this country who flock to Walmart for the best deal , daily. Good luck unwinding a $600,000,000,000 business with a founding family who is worth $100,000,000,000.

Are you telling me those Tommy Bahamas Tees I keep buying for 60$a pop are made for about 5$.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

The jobs will come at the margins. You know that Boggs. If we can stop the bleeding at the margins, reduce regulations, incentivize return of foreign profits, and take the burden off SMALL BUSINESS, we will win. Go Trump!!!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
he made an ass of himself in the run up to the nomination....

.. thus winning it.

He was at war.
He knew that he had to beat the establishment on a shoestring budget.
He needed to distance himself from Bush and Romney, yet trash the Democrats.

The Madman knew he was at war with the status quo. He knows that we are at war with the Fed, money in politics, lazy crony capitalism, corrupt bureaucrats, and globalists. He is so much smarter than any politician than we've seen since Washington it's amazing. IMO, he's not going to be sainted, but he'll run the government like our founding fathers planned it.

I'm not saying he's going to be on par with Kennedy or Lincoln, just a better warrior with no fear of politics.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP wrote:
Emulate Germany - quality of product is first and foremost to product manufactured.

For a couple of decades I wanted a German car ... especially Audi, BMW or Mercedes, plus some VW models. Then when I could afford one, I did my research ... including national- and world-level reliability statistical bases, real live owners, repair shops, and more ... on their reliability. No way in hell would I own any German car. Their reliabilities have crept up in Consumer Reports lately, but I'd still want to repeat my research in much larger and more rigorous databases before buying one.

NP wrote:
Do not lower corporate tax rates

Why not? Despite the fact that corporations simply pass their tax burden onto their consumers, our world-record corporate taxes drive corps overseas by making their prices less competitive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: