myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
One board quiver-formula
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gvogelsang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 135 lbs, I don't know why you would need anything bigger than a Rocketwide 135 to get planing. A 7.0 or 7.5 on a 135 Rocketwide ought to be a great light wind board.

If you want to sail in winds lighter than that combination, then a Kona Carbone would be your friend.

A Formula board? Sure, a great planing tool in 11mph to 14mph for you. But a pain in the ass in winds greater than that, and slog city in winds less - when you might enjoy the light wind ability of a Carbone.

I am 200 lbs, and I have an original Formula board - 270 x 84. I use it with an old Pryde V8 8.5 (very powerful), and I plane away in next to nothing - around 13 mph for me. But at 16 mph, I am quickly on a Rocket 125, which is my board from 14 to 22. Great board, by the way.

Keep the 110 lt board, augment it with a 135, and use a quiver of 7.5, 6.0, maybe 5.2 and your 4.5, and you have what you need.

Last edited by gvogelsang on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
gorky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one board two sail solution is a large slalom board or a formula board, a 7.5 and a 5.0, equipped with a hydrofoil. If you can pump, this combo is great fun from about 10 - 20 mph. More versatile for me than a formula board with any combination of sails and fins, and flying is quite a bit more fun than planing.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: