myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tips for transitioning to planing in control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words,ONE MORE TIME.

You constantly side step the issue, and WILL not address that specific question, Therefore you CANNOT DO SO!

Your reasoning is WRONG!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've laid my reasoning (and physics) out in tens of thousands of words.

What's your reasoning?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you may like to reply and explain why, in your post 17591 in answer to my original raising of the outboard strap issue you replied- quote

"Precisely why I've EXEMPTED (repeat EXEMPTED) such boards from my footstrap discussions." NOTE THE PLURAL - DISCUSSIONS!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've lost me.

If you're referring to this question -- "how then can the weighted front foot be moved into its outboard strap WITHOUT transferring weight to the back of the board and completely screwing up a learners control?" -- the answer is simple and has been posted at least 20 times over the years: Ya don't weight the back foot until the hull is planing fast enough for the tail to support your weight without sinking.

Among many other posts, here's one example:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=110091&highlight=john+described+method#110091

I can't believe you angry, negative, cynical people STILL don't understand, after hundreds to thousands of such proofs, that I can back up almost every claim I've ever made and have admitted, even exposed and corrected when I discovered first, any exceptions.

Now I have wind and terminal cancer to deal with. Go find some other place, person, and issue with which to behave like spoiled, lazy millennials.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, just like in the "Waist harness painful on the abdomen" thread, I came to the conclusion that I was glad I don't use harness lines.
Now as a result of this thread, I'm glad that I don't use foot straps either, because no matter how I used them, it would be obviously wrong. Twisted Evil
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
I'm glad that I don't use foot straps either, because no matter how I used them, it would be obviously wrong. Twisted Evil

Only according to the MWOTH crew. The rest of us accept either sequence, and we BFF fans simply believe our method is usually superior, not exclusive.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet again you are deliberately altering the meaning of what you said.

In your 17593 reply you specifically highlighted part of what I said and categorically answered it

The part of my post you highlighted

"You (Isobars) must be aware that the twin rear footstraps on bigger boards are OUTBOARD."

Your answer to that-

"Precisely why I've exempted such boards from my footstrap discussions."

What is there to misunderstand (and pretend to be lost) in such a clear statement? I've reached my conclusion!
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
You've lost me.

If you're referring to this question -- "how then can the weighted front foot be moved into its outboard strap WITHOUT transferring weight to the back of the board and completely screwing up a learners control?" -- the answer is simple and has been posted at least 20 times over the years: Ya don't weight the back foot until the hull is planing fast enough for the tail to support your weight without sinking.

Among many other posts, here's one example:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=110091&highlight=john+described+method#110091

This is helpful. Particularly your thoughts at the link. You wrote that this "Keeps novice rider’s weight and drive further forward on the board until planing, promoting earlier planing."

So you're going to some lengths to not sink the tail. Good. But the rider's weight is still too far forward. You're delaying early planing, not promoting it. And you're also subjecting the rider to none of the benefits of being in the footstraps (smooth transfer of power, not getting bounced around) except catapult avoidance. You have the sailor with all their weight spread between the mast base and the unstrapped front foot. You think that is the recipe for subtle nose to tail trimming, stability, power transfer, and negotiating chop? The sailor unable to use his back foot for anything until he's dragged up onto a plane? It's clumsy and it delays shortening the waterline at the moment that the sail's power is sufficient to drive the board up onto a plane. Delayed planing, not early planing. Plus bouncing around unattached to the board, and sloppy power transfer.

And of course none of the other benefits of learning to scootch the board up onto a plane off the front strap (maintaining speed through carved jibes, planing upwind underpowered) are developed here.

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, lurkers -- Both GT's and PP's recent posts are asinine, over-parsed, dishonest, ignorant, oversimplified distortions of my technique and descriptions thereof. I haven't the time to nail their jello to the wall. If you want to know more about the technique and how it works, get back to me here or via PM. Don't let their myopic, willful, inexplicable ignorance keep you from expanding your skills.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
So you're going to some lengths to not sink the tail. Good. But the rider's weight is still too far forward. You're delaying early planing, not promoting it. And you're also subjecting the rider to none of the benefits of being in the footstraps (smooth transfer of power, not getting bounced around) except catapult avoidance. You have the sailor with all their weight spread between the mast base and the unstrapped front foot. You think that is the recipe for subtle nose to tail trimming, stability, power transfer, and negotiating chop? The sailor unable to use his back foot for anything until he's dragged up onto a plane? It's clumsy and it delays shortening the waterline at the moment that the sail's power is sufficient to drive the board up onto a plane. Delayed planing, not early planing. Plus bouncing around unattached to the board, and sloppy power transfer.

And of course none of the other benefits of learning to scootch the board up onto a plane off the front strap (maintaining speed through carved jibes, planing upwind underpowered) are developed here.

Those errors are called operator error. Most sailors will recognize that and not try to sail in such a bang-bang controller (look it up) mode. I guess that in addition to being a MWOTH kinda guy, you think everything has to be done in a bang-bang controller mode ... full on or full off, with no finesse allowed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: